Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a confirmed date, but a little Pokebank news is circulating. First Nintendo released a pic of Pikachu dressed as all the Megas currently not in Sun and Moon. Second Nintendo's Honk Kong branch leaked newsabout Pokebank features. Such as Pokedex entries carrying over, and eggs hatched (so all tied to the same Pokebank account?). Also gen 1 Pokemon from the digital Red and Blue games get 3 31 IV's like legendaries. So it's probably getting close to being ready. It was supposed to be January anyway, so hopefully in the next week or two.

Last edited:

Pikachu Yellow New 3DS XL Launching In North America In February. January 24, 2017 . 8:00am

North Americans who had an eye on Japan’s Pikachu Yellow New Nintendo 3DS XL released last year can get one next month on February 24, 2017.

18 comments Read >

People interested in the New Nintendo 3DS XL will find a new design waiting for them soon. Nintendo has decided to bring the Pikachu Yellow system to North America. On February 24, 2017, it will appear on store shelves for $199.99.

The Pikachu Yellow New Nintendo 3DS XL is an entirely yellow system. The front has a reclining Pikachu in a slightly darker shade of yellow, and the back has the tip of his ear and tail on it. It doesn’t come preloaded with any games or include a charger.

The Pikachu Yellow New Nintendo 3DS XL first appeared in Japan in November 18, 2016. It launched alongside Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Read more stories about New Nintendo 3DS XL on Siliconera.

Also with

Pokémon Sun & Moon’s Third Global Mission Will Involve Trading Pokémon. January 24, 2017 . 11:30am

Pokémon Sun & Moon players will have a chance to challenge another Global Mission which will involve trading Pokémon through the Pokémon Global Trade Station.

4 comments Read >

Pokémon Sun & Moon players will have a chance to challenge another Global Mission very soon. Next week, the game’s third Global Mission will begin on January 31st 2017 04:00 UTC and will last until February 14th 2017 23:59 UTC. [Thanks, Serebii.]

Not many other details about the mission have been revealed, other than it will involve trading Pokémon through the Pokémon Global Trade Station. The two past Global Missions, which both failed to meet their set goal, tasked players with catching 100 million Pokémon and using the Island Scan feature to capture or defeat 1 million Pokémon.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are available for the Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokémon Moon & Pokémon Sun on Siliconera.

'

source: Siliconera

I just finished organizing my Pokebank. 12 boxes of extra bred Pokemon inbetween XY, ORAS, and Sun & Moon. Why did I keep so many?

Anyway, they're not perfect IV, but some do have good egg moves, and hidden abilities. If anyone wants one, even just to fill the pokedex, tell me. You could always put up a trash 'Mon for which you want. Have leftover -

Growlithe with egg moves (morning sun/close combat/Flare Blitz) 2 adamants.
Torchic with speed boost and baton pass
Gligar with immunity
Ferroseed with leach seed and stealth rock
Ralts with (shadow sneak, encore, destiny bond, and memento)
Larvitar thats Jolly with (dragon dance, outrage, stealth rock)
Froakie timid with protean ability
Gible with outrage
Dratini with marvel scale
Zoroark
Scyther with technician
3 extra Charmanders, 2 Chimchars, 4 Feebas, 4 Ditto, a few Snivy, Tynamo, Elekid, Litwick, Beldum, Riolu, Mareanie, Rowlet, Popplio, and Phione

Think that covers it, lol.

Last edited:
Two articles from the same place

Pokémon Duel, The Strategy Smartphone Game With Pokémon Figures Out Now. January 25, 2017 . 2:30am

Originally announced as Pokémon Comaster in Japan last year, the Pokémon series’ strategic smartphone game with board game elements and figures is now available in the West as Pokémon Duel.

11 comments Read >
Originally announced as Pokémon Comaster in Japan last year, the Pokémon series’ strategic smartphone game with board game elements and figures is now available in the West as Pokémon Duel.

[YT]kia_sP8Jlok[/YT]

The above is a look at the official launch trailer.

[YT]DDgN1ZbOP8w[/YT]

You can see more on the game courtesy GameXplain’s lengthy gameplay video.

Here’s an introduction about the game from The Pokémon Company:
Pokémon Duel is a strategy board game that uses Pokémon figures. Build a deck with your favorite figures and then leap into a League Match! Compete with players from around the world for a chance to enter the top League rankings in League Matches. You’ll fight your rivals in real time! Win duels, get all kinds of cool figures and items, and make your deck stronger!

The rules are simple! The object is to be the first player to get one of your figures to your opponent’s goal. How will you get to the goal? You’ll need to carefully choose your route! In duels, you and your opponent take turns moving your figures. Set up a strategic formation and attack your opponent, or simply block their path—it’s all about tactics! Plan your strategy and defeat your opponents in this game of cat and mouse!

In duels, your deck is composed of 6 Pokémon figures. There are all kinds of figures, each with different moves and abilities. Keep this in mind as you build your own custom deck!

Make use of your custom deck and the AI! The AI is a reliable ally who will determine good moves and take your turn for you. Make full use of the AI and crush your opponents!

Pokémon Duel is now available for iPhone and Android.

Read more stories about Android & iPhone & Pokémon Duel on Siliconera.

Also with

Pokémon Bank Gives Users Mew’s Z-Crystal To Celebrate New Update. January 25, 2017 . 8:00am

When given to a Mew, this Z-Crystal will unlock its ability to use the Z-Move Genesis Supernova.

6 comments Read >

To celebrate the fact that Pokémon Bank has been updated for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the Pokémon Company is giving out Mew’s Z-Crystal, Mewnium Z, to all Pokémon Bank users. When given to a Mew, this Z-Crystal will unlock its ability to use the Z-Move Genesis Supernova.

Here’s a look at the official post from Pokémon’s Twitter.

C2-ie7TUAAEjZVN.jpg

Click here to view http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon-bank/

PokémonVerified account‏@Pokemon
Follow​

More

Pokémon Bank has been updated for #PokemonSunMoon! To celebrate, all Pokémon Bank users can receive Mew’s Z-Crystal! http://bit.ly/2jnFkDe

RETWEETS7,477 LIKES11,026
5:18 PM - 24 Jan 2017

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are available for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokémon Moon & Pokémon Sun on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera.

Last edited:
I would like to play the events.

Which game are you playing?

An issue with using AR codes for the events is you need to have a flag triggered in the game in addition to the item. DP had a Darkrai event, you can walk to the island where he's located from the island you explore with the Lucario guy. It's how I got mine (although that Darkrai won't transfer to Gen VI).

In HGSS, there is an event you can trigger with Arceus and Celebi. I think the Pokemon themselves are all you'd need.

Or would I just be better off to just move on to GenV and hope that Nintendo will release the Pokémon in the future.

2017-01-26_110855.png

Using Pokémon Bank To Transfer Solrock Or Lunatone Will Unlock A Special Scene In Pokémon Sun & Moon. January 26, 2017 . 11:30am

By bringing the Pokémon Solrock to Sun version or Lunatone to Moon, you can unlock a special scene with a certain character in the Haina Desert.

Start a discussion! Read >
2016.4_Pokemon_Sun_and_Moon.0.0_thumb.jpg

Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter are now finally compatible with Pokémon Sun & Moon, and using the updated transfer service can unlock a special new cutscene in the games, provided you send over the correct Pokémon. [Thanks, Polygon.]

By bringing the Pokémon Solrock to Sun version or Lunatone to Moon, you can unlock a special scene with a certain character in the Haina Desert. This had been discovered by fans previously, but the scene is now available for players to unlock under normal circumstances.

You can watch the scene in the video below.
[YT]KqbRVsXKKkY[/YT]
Here’s the step-by-step process from Reddit to unlock the cutscene for yourself:
-Transfer Solrock to Pokémon Sun or Lunatone to Pokémon Moon.

-Put Solrock/Lunatone in your party.

-Fly to Ruins of Abundance on Ula’ula Island.

-Head south to enter Haina Desert.

-Head to the western exit, then immediately back east (where you came from).

-Head to the southern exit.

-Keep heading south until you see the old man with a red shirt.

-Speak to him for an interesting cutscene!

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are available for Nintendo 3DS.

source: Siliconera

Last edited:
Or would I just be better off to just move on to GenV and hope that Nintendo will release the Pokémon in the future.

You can get an Action Replay and use Pokesav to create Pokemon you're missing.

Definitely get Gen V if only to transfer between Gen IV and VI. I wasn't a huge fan of those games though.

With the Pokebank opening up a new cutscene, I always thought this lore tie in was nice too. Just in case any of you didn't play ORAS (you all probably know this, just in case someone doesn't), it's implied the Pokemon universe is split. Where the mega evolution games are separate from the previous games. Kinda like the split Zelda timeline.

In Pokemon Sun and Moon Anabel is the detective who helps you catch Ultra Beasts alongside Looker. Looker says she came out of a UB portal one day with amnesia. -
VSAnabel.png

However she's actually -

Salon Maiden Anabel, one of the Frontier Brain's from Pokemon Emerald's Battle Tower.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Salon_Maiden_Anabel
Emerald_Salon_Maiden_Anabel.png

Last edited:
Funny thing is, she was in the anime, and knew Ash. It's going to be weird if she shows up in the Sun and Moon anime. Because she's from another universe, while the Ash that met her back then is the same Ash. Anyway, just a weird tidbit.

I'm starting to get annoyed with GameFreak's poor QA when it comes to Pokemon moves.

They introduced a good mechanic with Pokemon automatically learning a move upon level-up. Examples being the Alolan starters getting their signature moves automatically at their final stage.

However, there was a huge miss on this with Alolan Marowak. It's a Fire/Ghost but learns one Ghost move, Shadow Bone which happens to be its signature move. However, it gets this move at level 27. Cubone evolves at level 28. The move relearner isn't available until reaching the Elite 4 and Heart Scales aren't as easy to farm since fishing is limited to spots now.

I transferred my Bulbasaur and from XY. They goofed on its moveset. It learns Vine Whip at level 7 and 9, it never learns Leech Seed. Fortunately, Ivysaur and Venusar can via move relearner.

These are pretty minor but it's still annoying and their slow patching cycle doesn't help.

Same. Also disappointed at the lack of move tutors. Several new Pokemon this gen just need one nudge to be good. A draing punch, or something. Yet they'll have to wait for Pokemon Stars, which could be Switch exclusive for all we know. I wish they'd follow modern gaming trends, and allow patches to add more to the in game world. Like patch 3.10 adds move tutors to blank island a year after launch. Some of these things shouldn't be held back as selling points for the next game. Especially when that game is years off.

I hate move tutors. The pattern now is they're absent from the first games in a gen, then included in the next games. They're pointless now with TMs being re-usable, they were only added in FRLG because some moves were no longer TMs in Gen 3 that were in Gen 1 (e.g. Rock Slide and Softboiled).

They will need to add more TMs eventually, just do it now and make those tutor moves purchasable post-game with BP. Never bring back shards or some other useless currency.

Oh, and let's not forget that there are no good level grinding spots in SUMO and there's one Lucky Egg in the entire game. Pelippers holding them in ORAS was great. But let's take that out. GameFreak: Creating and abandoning great features every generation.

Can't you get Heart Scales when you eat at the Z-Noodles shop in the Old Seafolk Village?

I was not aware of that. It's still only a once-a-day event. It was a breeze in XY. Just use the Old Rod with a Pokemon with Thief and you could get a dozen in an hour.

There was a good post on Reddit about how anti-leveling SuMo is https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5qp1uo/can_we_just_talk_about_how_antilevelling_sun_and/

SuMo might be my 2nd least favorite of the series. The Trials were a nice change, although I still prefer gyms, and I liked how the islands allowed easy back-tracking. The story was held back by all the hand-holding early and cutscenes almost every other area. The post-game is pretty empty. I'm not a fan of the Ultra Beasts. It's the same problem with Gen V, too many legendary-ish tier Pokemon which is already to polluting the metagame (see Celesteela).

I don't get the whole less new Pokémon trend for the new generations. I don't think they should be as ambitious as Gen V, but at least try to strive for 100. And I mean TRY don't cop out with a bunch of filler Legends and give Komala a proper evolution.

I'm guessing it's because they intentionally held back some for the Switch version. Dataminers were saying there were unidentified placeholders, and found Pokemon walk animations (probably used for a Pokemon following you). Plus every big town in S&M has a vacant lot where something is being built. Since Pokemon Stars/Eclipse will probably be considered a system seller, I bet they add on more than usual. More Alolan forms, more new Pokemon, moves, move tutors, new story, possibly the vacant lots being buyable housing or something.

I know I'm late to the party in mentioning this, but **** the call for help system. I've been just trying to catch a simple Magby for 40 minute because it keeps calling for help.

Edit: finally caught the little bastard. But that was stupid.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's because they intentionally held back some for the Switch version. Dataminers were saying there were unidentified placeholders, and found Pokemon walk animations (probably used for a Pokemon following you). Plus every big town in S&M has a vacant lot where something is being built. Since Pokemon Stars/Eclipse will probably be considered a system seller, I bet they add on more than usual. More Alolan forms, more new Pokemon, moves, move tutors, new story, possibly the vacant lots being buyable housing or something.
I'm still skeptical about a Pokemon on the Switch. I would welcome it since Sumo is horribly laggy on a 3DS in battles.

I know I'm late to the party in mentioning this, but **** the call for help system. I've been just trying to catch a simple Magby for 40 minute because it keeps calling for help.

Edit: finally caught the little bastard. But that was stupid.

It has it uses. For example, Eevee can call Umbreon or Espeon and Bagon can call a level 10 Salamence. Chaining them also increases the chances of good IVs. But I still prefer hoardes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"