Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YT]f5uik5fgIaI[/YT]

The NX has been renamed to the Nintendo Swtich, it's a hybrid and scheduled for release in March 2017.

CvN3VKEVUAIlnwU.jpg

oMzcsNM.jpg

So I'm hearing stories about Kimishima is stating that the online service for the Switch will be roughly $25 a year in American dollars.

Found it!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/nintendo_outlines_pricing_range_for_switch_online_service

That's £19.74 in UK pounds. Expensive for what should really be a free service.

Not a bad price compared to what Microsoft and Sony charge for their online services per year.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Nintendo President Talks About Nintendo Switch and VR

Friday, February 3rd, 2017
Nintendo President talks about adding VR support to Nintendo Switch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Read more

[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday, February 3rd, 2017
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to Nintendo President, Tatsumi Kimishima, the video games company is still considering VR support for the Switch gaming system. He told Nikkei that Nintendo will do this if it can solve one big problem with the user experience of VR. There is currently no time frame on when this may happen. This isn’t the first mention of VR and the Switch, though. In June of last year, legendary game designer, Shigeru Miyamoto, spoke on the matter. He said they have been researching VR and that they have the “Core Technology”. Miyamoto also explained that Nintendo wants to make something that:[/FONT]
“can be played for long periods, carries value, and is affordable.”
[FONT=&quot]Furthermore, Nintendo actually patented a VR headset in December of last year. It is designed so that the Nintendo Switch tablet can slide into the headset. While talking to Nikkei, Nintendo President, Tatsumi Kimishima, said this about the problem they are trying to solve:[/FONT]
“If we are able to resolve the issues with playing [VR] comfortably for long hours, we will support it in one form or another.”
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is tricky, as VR gaming has several issues that are comfort-related. The weight of the headset is one of them, though this is a minor issue. Nausea from simulated movement and eyestrain are others. Having used a VR headset before, I can testify to this. If the game simulates you moving, this creates a contradiction in the brain. Your body is telling your brain that you are stationary, but your eyes say you are moving. This sensory discrepancy can lead to that nausea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since a VR headset covers your entire field of view, your brain thinks the images its seeing are real. This makes the virtual experience more intense than playing on a TV or computer screen. Some developers have noted that large creatures don’t work well in VR. That’s because a creature larger than the player tends to illicit a primal, survival type of fear in the player. That just isn’t so fun. This means that games need to be intentionally designed for VR. For example, a 3rd-person game probably would not work so well in VR (especially when the camera moves, causing nausea). It remains to be seen whether they will add VR support for the Nintendo Switch, but it could be very cool if they do.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SOURCE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][/FONT]
source: Operation Rainfall

I'm still not convinced that the new VR hardware really works.

Just to ask, does anyone here own the PSVR or an Oculus? Do you like them and like the game experiences?

I don't own a VR headset, but so far I haven't seen any must play games for the platforms. It all looks like tech demos still.

I don't own a VR headset, but so far I haven't seen any must play games for the platforms. It all looks like tech demos still.

Pretty much. The only killer app for the platform is RE7 and... its not required. That fad will be over soon enough.

I'm still not convinced that the new VR hardware really works.

Just to ask, does anyone here own the PSVR or an Oculus? Do you like them and like the game experiences?
I do have the ps4 vr and the ones I do enjoy that feel like full games are Eve Valkyrie which always for that . there a version supposedly for fallout. it's true most games so far are indeed tech demo's .

But so the upcoming one's may change alot of peoples minds I know that can do resident evil 7 with it as well. there supposed to serious sam VR game and there's the aliens game being redone coming for that too .

here's an eample of this that's inthe Resident 7 thread

Got a lets play

1:06:19
[YT]C8lVplF-vE8[/YT]
Resident Evil 7 in VR!! - Let's Play Some PSVR - Electric Playground

1,790 views2 days aStreamed live on 3 Feb 2017
Victor Lucas jumps into his custom tailored VR suit (shorts and slippers) and gives Resident Evil 7 a run...watch and comment if you DAREEEEeeeeeeeeeee.....

source:
EPN.tv

this thing won't make any headway as long as certain developer act scared . I know both the medical community around the world and now the law system which I found NBC news on Sundays are using VR these day in both med care and reproducing the crime scenes for courts to use.

Alot of people in the game side some devs and some gamer's keep saying it's all fad.

But in reality it's not. This is really being pushed as thing. that alot of people really want to happen. science community and farther then this.

it more possible then the holo deck or danger room right now mostly due to expense's how the techs used too. this is a possible thing that shouldn't written off. This ain't no fad.

Last edited:
Pretty much. The only killer app for the platform is RE7 and... its not required. That fad will be over soon enough.

For sure. Unless a slew of must play full games come out on VR I don't see it lasting. It's way too expensive and IMO not the most ideal way to play any game. I can't believe the Playstation VR headset costs more than a console. That's madness.

Shut your mouth Matt! VR is the FUTURE!!!

tumblr_m2y9shHmTH1r1ho7io1_500.gif

;)

Futures dead and so is all hope for VR :o

Shut your mouth Matt! VR is the FUTURE!!!

tumblr_m2y9shHmTH1r1ho7io1_500.gif

;)
lol well any ways the only way this thing will truly work is if they use the tech with games and by that I mean full on games at that. and the other is to make it Affordable. the latter is what has too many people freaking out and wring off right now. every other place of work from law Enforcement which is the latest and science community is going fully into it now as a thing for use .

But I've been saying this from the start in other place's like operation rain area's and other places too.

we're getting this from some part's of the games industry. but the whole industry has do it as thing . they have to make it affordable . We'll see what happen's I guess.

Last edited:

Watch Hideo Kojima And Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller Face Off In A Game Of 1-2-Switch. February 5, 2017 . 3:30pm

During RTX in Sydney this weekend, Death Stranding and Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima faced off against Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller in one of 1-2-Switch’s minigames.

12 comments Read >

20170203_221444_thumb.png

When Nintendo held its event for the Nintendo Switch back in January, 1-2-Switch was a title that was featured as a launch title for the console. 1-2-Switch is a party game in which players use the Switch’s Joy-Con controllers to play various minigames.

During RTX in Sydney this weekend, Death

Stranding and Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima faced off against Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller in one of 1-2-Switch’s minigames. You can watch the showdown and see who emerges victorious in the following video.

[YT]2CxpQEl3nKQ[/YT]

The Nintendo Switch and 1-2-Switch will release on March 3, 2017.

Read more stories about 1-2 Switch & Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

lol well any ways the only this thing will truly work is if they use the teach with games and full on games at that. and the other is to make it fordable the the latter is what had too many freak rightnow. every other place of work from law Enforcement which is the latest and science community is going fully into it now.

But I've saying this from the start in other place like operation rain area's and other places too.

we're getting from some part of the games industry. but the whole industry has do it. they have to make it affordable . We'll see happen I guess.

what1.gif

VR, I have no time for. But apparently it is still making billions of dollars over the next few years. If so, they won't be able to ignore it.

I made corrections up top. sorry I just dozed off and didn't see some words were omitted. Not in time. My apologies

oh and here's new game for the switch

Spelunker’s Latest Adventure On Nintendo Switch Gets Its First Gameplay Trailer. February 7, 2017 . 2:00am

Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker, the updated version of Spelunker World on Nintendo Switch got its first gameplay trailer from Square Enix showing us more of how the game plays on the upcoming console.

Start a discussion! Read >

Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker, the updated version of Spelunker World on Nintendo Switch got its first gameplay trailer from Square Enix showing us more of how the game plays on the upcoming console.

[YT]grRt1JPbvrU[/YT]
In Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker, you’ll get to play with the Nintnedo Switch Joy-Con controllers with up to four other players in co-op using the TV Mode or Table Mode, or solo in Portable Mode.

Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker releases on April 20, 2017 for Nintendo Switch in Japan. The game has yet to be announced for the West.

Read more stories about Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker & Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Last edited:
so, I just read online that the Switch won't have a Web Browser - though it could be added down the road.

I'm a bit disappointed by that, as I heard the Wii U actually had a pretty good web browser. :(

The 3DS had a web browser. I'd say that'll be like netflix. We'll get it a bit later.

Switch
[FONT=&quot]1-2-Switch has 28 games, 10 introduced in new trailers[/FONT]

Published 3 hours ago. 37 comments.
Learn how to take proper care of your Switch.
1-2-Switch-28-Games_001.jpg
Ads by Kiosked
Nintendo has updated the official Japanese website for 1-2-Switch, confirming 28 games for the party game package, and sharing new trailers for 10 of those games.
The new trailers introduce:

If you missed them, previous trailers introduced:

Here’s the image teasing the remaining 10 games:
1-2-Switch-28-Games_002.jpg
1-2-Switch is due out for Switch alongside the Switch hardware on March 3. Read more about the game here.

Read More

Switch, 1-2-Switch, Clips, Nintendo, Trailers

source: Gematsu

So this thing is running on pretty much the same chip as the NVidia Shield. It's not a bad chip, it actually runs Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel and other somewhat recent games well. It's just not an Xbox One.

It's like Nintendo's afraid of power :o

Or maybe it's like Nintendo is making a different sort of console. Does the industry need another black box to sit under the same TV with the same specs as the competitors? No. The industry needs different.

Or maybe it's like Nintendo is making a different sort of console. Does the industry need another black box to sit under the same TV with the same specs as the competitors? No. The industry needs different.

Nailed it. Not to mention contemporary consoles are glorified midrange PC's. The Switch appears to be embracing the benefits of being a console.

Last edited:
It's a genuine hybrid. You're not taking something with the tech of a PS4 or Xbox One on the go, at least not in a convenient way. There are places to go to play games with the most power and best specs. Nintendo is just an alternative way to play different sorts of games. They're making some mistakes with the Switch, no doubt, but I don't know that power is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"