The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you all told me Bayonetta would never happen. :sly:

I don't know which one I want to play as more now. Cloud or Bayonetta? :mrk:

Did not see Bayonetta coming. Also didn't see another Fire Emblem character coming. Fire Emblem now has the most representatives. That's kinda absurd, and this is coming from a huge Fire Emblem fan.

9ALwVtF.png

Yeesh, the Fire Emblem hard-on Sakurai seems to have is a bit extreme. I mean it's got more reps than Zelda now and that's one of Nintendo's top selling franchises.

I'm also disappointed that they brought back vets that weren't in the initial roster and Wolf wasn't one of them. Especially considering he was the most unique out of all the "clones". He could have been used to promote Star Fox Zero.

Yeah, not a fan of them continually adding Fire Emblem characters. It was fun at first, but they killed that.

I don't even know who Corrin is?

And you all told me Bayonetta would never happen. :sly:

Well, I mean, think about it. An intentionally over-sexualized character from a 3rd party piece of software isn't the most likely character one would expect to see in the game. Unlike Cloud, Snake or Ryu, she's not exactly iconic either. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I love the character and the addition, but it's not exactly expected in any way or form.

[blackout]But it's awesome either way[/blackout]

Ugh another sword character? I don't even like any of the Fire Emblem characters already in the game. I was hoping for Impa or Toon Zelda, which were never very likely.

Bayonetta looks cool though.

I don't even know who Corrin is?
So it is not just me. :funny:

Well, I mean, think about it. An intentionally over-sexualized character from a 3rd party piece of software isn't the most likely character one would expect to see in the game. Unlike Cloud, Snake or Ryu, she's not exactly iconic either. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I love the character and the addition, but it's not exactly expected in any way or form.

[blackout]But it's awesome either way[/blackout]
I think how they described the character was telling. Namely, she was realizable. Which is exactly why I always thought it was a possibility. She had moves in common and was on the series has already come to the Nintendo. All I know is I am so excited for this. The one character I always wanted and the character I never thought possible. I got them both. :awesome:

Did not see Bayonetta coming. Also didn't see another Fire Emblem character coming. Fire Emblem now has the most representatives. That's kinda absurd, and this is coming from a huge Fire Emblem fan.

It's really not. I mean, Fire Emblem is now HUGE in Japan. There is a reason why they feel they can do a Pokemon style split with it.

And with all that is happening at Konami, Snake was never happening.

Still, BAYONETTA!!!!! She looks perfect.

ok for those that missed it got VOD and more

Watch The Last Super Smash Bros. Direct Here. December 15, 2015 . 12:30pm

The last Super Smash Bros. Direct is airing today. It will talk more about the Cloud DLC, as well as some other additions to the game.

Today is the day of the last Super Smash Bros. Direct. We’ll see final information concerning the game’s DLC in Japan, North America, and Europe. Here are the times and streams for all three regions’ presentations.

Super Smash Bros. Direct (Japan) – 7am

[YT]VnH3PgXlUZ0[/YT]

Super Smash Bros. Direct (North America) – 2pm PT/4pm CT/5pm ET
[YT]6GsEjH8sRTk[/YT] Watch live video from Nintendo on www.twitch.tv

(via Nintendo.com)

Super Smash Bros. Direct (Europe) – 10pm UK Time
Watch live video from NintendoUK on www.twitch.tv

(Watch it on Twitch.)
(via Nintendo.co.uk)

Masahiro Sakurai, creator of the Smash Bros. series, will be the host of the Super Smash Bros. Direct. The only confirmed information to appear will be additional details on Cloud, who was revealed as a new playable character during the November 12 Nintendo Direct.

Since this is the last Super Smash Bros. presentation, odds are the results of the Fighter Ballot, in which people voted for which characters they’d like to see in the game, will be revealed. An update was released for both the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U versions of the game last night, and data mining mostly revealed more information about Cloud and two Mii costumes.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Direct & Nintendo Wii U & Super Smash Bros on Siliconera.
Also with for those that don't know who Corrin is , it's cause she's in fire emblem fates

Corrin Coming To Super Smash Bros. December 15, 2015 . 2:09pm

Corrin, the protagonist of Fire Emblem Fates, will be coming to Super Smash Bros. in February.

[YT]j1JERhUoQoU[/YT]
Another Fire Emblem character is coming to Super Smash Bros. Corrin will be joining the fight. The beginning of the last Super Smash Bros Direct began with footage of both the male and female Corrins fighting existing characters.

Corrin wields the Omega Yato in the game, but can also use the Dragon Fang ability to transform into a dragon. Parts of Corrin’s body will change as the character uses different abilities. For example, the character will sprout wings when performing back attacks.

The video went over Corrin’s specials as well. Dragon Fang Shot is Corrin’s standard special. It paralyzes opponents temporarily and turns Corrin’s hand into a fist. There’s also a Dragon Lunge side. It can pin an opponent in place or help pin Corrin to a surface. Dragon Ascent is the Up Special, and Counter Surge is the down special. Torrential Roar is Corrin’s Final Smash. It pulls enemies into a torrent of water.

Corrin will not come with a special stage. The character comes with “Lost in Thought, All Alone” and a remix of the challenge song. These will play during Fire Emblem stages in the Wii U version. Ryoma and Xander trophies will be added to the Nintendo 3DS version.

Super Smash Bros will see Corrin in February 2016. That’s the same month that Fire Emblem Fates will be released on the Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Wii U & Super Smash Bros on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera

Last edited:
I really wouldn't have a lot of issue with all the FE characters if there was more variety. I mean, hell, you have tons of classes that include people wielding axes, bows, spears, and other various weapons, yet all they want to add is sword users. I understand why, of course, it's a lot easier to build that character from assets you already have, but it's really dull. Especially when three of those characters are already so similar.

Cloud Strife To Be Available Later Today For Super Smash Bros.. December 15, 2015 . 2:18pm

During today’s “Final Presentation” for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U,
Masahiro Sakurai revealed that Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII will be available to download later today.

During today’s “Final Presentation” for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, Masahiro Sakurai revealed that Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII will be available to download later today.

There were a lot of requests for Final Fantasy characters for Super Smash Bros., but Cloud was the most popular one.
[YT]j1JERhUoQoU[/YT]

As for his gameplay, his sound effects were inspired by the original game, and he’ll have two main costumes—one from the game, and one from Advent Children that comes in two varieties.

Limit gauge fills up when you take damage or attack enemies. It’s similar to Little Mac’s, but can also be charged by holding the down smash. While it’s up, his attack power increases, and he’s able to use a Limit Break version of his attacks for one time. Once a Limit Break is charged up, the down special becomes a new move that deals 1% damage, but is extra strong.

As for the Midgar Stage, they’ll have Summon Materia that pops out, which allows players to use Summons. They’re like Super Smash Balls, but the Summons all do different things to the terrain.

For example Ifrit can shift the terrain, while Ifrit can drop parts of electricity that damages all other players. Odin slices the stage in half, KO’ing any character that is in the middle of it. Leviathan makes water flow from right to left, similar to the Donkey Kong stage. Bahamu Zero fires an area-of-effect damage on part of the map.

Cloud Strife will be available later today in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U for $5.99 each, or $6.99 for both. The Chocobo hat will also be available for Mii Fighter later today.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Super Smash Bros. 3D & Super Smash Bros. Wii U & Wii U on Siliconera.

Super Mario RPG’s Geno Gets A Super Smash Bros. Mii Costume. December 15, 2015 . 2:19pm

Geno is coming to Super Smash Bros via a Mii Fighter costume.
2abe5a53d55b47859f92e5406b1915d8_thumb.png

During today’s Super Smash Bros. Direct, a new Mii costume for a fan favorite character was announced. Your Mii will be able to become Geno, from Super Mario RPG, if people are willing to pay a nominal fee.

As in Super Mario RPG, Miis dressed as Geno will have to be Gunners. They’ll have a weapon based on one of his hand guns from the original game.

In Super Mario RPG, Geno was a Star Road that chose to inhabit the form of a doll to aid Mario in his quest to retrieve the seven Star Pieces needed to repair the Star Road. He joins Mario and Mallow in Rose Town, where he chooses to inhabit a Geno doll, because he thought it looked stronger than the Mario, Peach, and Bowser dolls. Since his real name, ♥♪!?, is impossible to pronounce, he goes by the doll’s name. While his only starring role so far has been in the Super Nintendo’s Super Mario RPG, he also appeared in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga’s minigame on the Game Boy Advance.

The Geno Super Smash Bros. costume will be $0.75 for one platform, or you can get it for both the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U for $1.15. It is immediately available.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Wii U & Super Mario RPG & Super Smash Bros on Siliconera.

Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta amiibo Confirmed, R.O.B., Roy, And Ryu To For March 2016. December 15, 2015 . 2:35pm

During the final presentation for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U,
Masahiro Sakurai had a few new details to share on the latest production of amiibo figurines.

During the final presentation for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, Masahiro Sakurai had a few new details to share on the latest production of amiibo figurines.

As shown in the above image, the recently revealed characters of Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta are getting amiibo figurines.

Additionally, it was announced that R.O.B., Roy, and Ryu will have their amiibo release on March 18, 2016.

Read more stories about amiibo & Nintendo 3DS & Super Smash Bros. 3D & Super Smash Bros. Wii U & Wii U on Siliconera.

lastly

Super Smash Bros’ Final Mii Fighter Costumes Announced. December 15, 2015 . 3:13pm

In addition to the Geno costume and Chocobo hat,

six more final Super Smash Bros. Mii Fighter outfits were announced.

Knuckles the Echidna and Tails the Fox are among them.
[YT]j1JERhUoQoU[/YT]
This being the last Super Smash Bros Direct, it was also the final opportunity to see what sorts of Mii Fighter Costumes have yet to be released for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U game. In addition to a Chocobo Hat and Geno Costume for Gunners, 6 more new costumes were announced.

Here is the full list of forthcoming Super Smash Bros Mii Fighter DLC. All of the following items will be available in February 2016.

• Ashley from WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgames for female Sword Fighters
  • Bionic Armor for Brawlers
  • Gil from The Tower of Druaga for male Sword Fighters
  • Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog for male Brawlers
  • Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog for male Gunners
  • Takamaru from Nazo no Murasame-jo for male Sword Fighters

Nintendo has also updated the Super Smash Bros. website. QR code patterns have been added for some of the Mii Fighter costume DLC, in case people want to scan in images to make Miis that look more like the characters upon which the costumes are based. As an example, a QR code for Geno is immediately available and looks like the Mii used in the Super Smash Bros Direct.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Wii U & Super Smash Bros on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Last edited:
Probably worth clarifying that the ROB amiibo is the Famicom colors amiibo. The regular one was released and is available already.

I really wouldn't have a lot of issue with all the FE characters if there was more variety. I mean, hell, you have tons of classes that include people wielding axes, bows, spears, and other various weapons, yet all they want to add is sword users. I understand why, of course, it's a lot easier to build that character from assets you already have, but it's really dull. Especially when three of those characters are already so similar.
we'll have to wait next game I guess I agree Iwasn't over too big on sword user lol when ever some would ask why I have axe lance or staff for a hero I was using for a story or played in a game I always that sinceI was a child that's thefirst you'd run into and it was just over used for any hero to wield. it was most likely whay always went with donntell or raph with ninja turtles and maybe mikey . leo was ok but the swords burt me out as kid. I always goany other rout first. hmmm I think I hinted at that with MGS: Rising with Riden too.

yeah I used his katana but I had this weird thing for the other weapons

Agreed wholeheartedly. I'd love to see some other Fire Emblem class represented. Some of the mages are really cool. Tharja is a great character from Awakening that'd be fun to see implemented.

BAYONETTA!?!?!

excited.gif

Meh... smash bros needed less humanoid characters... there's farrrr too many this time around.

Krystal, Banjo & Kazooie, and Geno should remedy such criticism. ;)

Krystal, Banjo & Kazooie, and Geno should remedy such criticism. ;)
yeah sadly not since they owned by micro soft and if they said this with conker in it below I doubt we'll ever see Banjo & Kazooie.

Rare Replay Won’t Come To The Wii U. December 14, 2015 . 11:30am

Despite a tweet from Microsoft that said a port could happen, Rare has confirmed the Rare Replay collection is a Xbox One exclusive.

not sure why people wanted rare play on the Wii U any ways since it didn't do so well on the XBone.
And we have their successors of the latter two characters of Banjo & Kazooie in their own game on the way any ways.

not sure why people wanted rare play on the Wii U any ways since it didn't do so well on the XBone.
And we have their successors of the latter two characters of Banjo & Kazooie in their own game on the way any ways.

Probably because many Nintendo fans grew up playing the games that made Rareware great, and Rareware's classic games have a much more natural appeal to Nintendo's playerbase than they do with Microsofts FPS and realism obsessed playerbase that has little interest in anything older than the hair on their head.

Last edited:
Probably because many Nintendo fans grew up playing the games that made Rareware great, and Rareware's classic games have a much more natural appeal to Nintendo's playerbase than they do with Microsofts FPS and realism obsessed playerbase that has little interest in anything older than the hair on their head.

That's pretty accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"