Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Why Chibi-Robo Went From Vacuuming To Bionic Commando Swinging Action. June 17, 2015 . 11:02am

I had the opportunity to speak with Nintendo producer Kensuke Tanabe and assistant producer Risa Tabata, the minds behind Nintendo’s new Chibi-Robo game. Their new title, Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash! is a shift from Chibi-Robo’s housekeeping roots and puts an emphasis on action platforming.

I had the opportunity to speak with Nintendo producer Kensuke Tanabe and assistant producer Risa Tabata, the minds behind Nintendo’s new Chibi-Robo game. Their new title, Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash! is a shift from Chibi-Robo’s housekeeping roots and puts an emphasis on action platforming.

“One of the first things Skip suggested was having Chibi-Robo throw or spin his cord instead of having it plugged into the wall,” Tabata shared. “From that, we began thinking about different actions that Chibi-Robo could do to interact with a stage. Maybe he can destroy enemies with it, or throw it toward a panel to scale an insurmountable wall.”

In the game, Chibi-Robo can throw his cord at orange or blue panels placed on walls or floating platforms. Latching onto an orange panel will pull Chibi-Robo up to it, while latching onto a blue panel will pull the platform toward Chibi-Robo.

“This wasn’t enough, though, so we decided to also have items that could change the length of Chibi-Robo’s cord. We also added the ability to perform Zip-Lashes, by which Chibi-Robo can charge up and throw his cord so that it bounces off of surfaces.”

In the demo, the Rebound Chip allows Chibi-Robo to perform these throws. One of the challenges is players must calculate angles to throw the Zip-Lash so that it will hit multiple switches to open a door, or hit a tricky orange panel on a distant ledge.

Siliconera will have more about the Chibi-Robo series and Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash! soon.

Read more stories about Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Going through FE Awakening for the first time. How in the world is the relationship stuff so addicting. I haven't even gotten to the kids yet. But it worries me how much I don't want to split up couples on the battlefield.

I'm in the same boat. I actually restarted the game because Chrom married Sully. I was like what the heck that came out of nowhere. It bothered me that it didn't fit with the story so far, and then I read you end up with the worst kids with Sully. So i bit the bullet and reset. Was able to get back to where I was in no time though because now I knew what I was doing. I actually spent a ton of time fighting against the spot pass teams just to get characters married.

• Get To Know Bertrand In New Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight Trailer

Preview
    on Jun 30, 2015 at 04:16 PM
    3ds_icon.png

Learn about Bertrand from the character himself.
    ... More
source: GI

well it's happened

FF ring tweet also confirm it here it is below:
Final Fantasy Ring ‏@ffring

À Japan Expo, quelques heures après notre interview, Yūji Horii vient de confirmer sur scène la sortie "in French" de DQVII et VIII !
Translated from French by Bing

At Japan Expo, a few hours after our interview, Yūji Horii has confirmed on scene "in French" exit DQVII and VIII!
https://twitter.com/ffring/status/617326148696047616

3DS
Dragon Quest VII and VIII for 3DS coming west, according to series creator
Published 2 mins ago. 1 comment.

Yuji Horii made a boo-boo.
DQ8-7-3DS-West-Horii_07-04-15.jpg

Dragon Quest series creator accidentally shared news that Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden and Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King for 3DS are coming to western territories.
Reports are coming in from Twitter:

• “Yuji Horii has just announced Dragon Quest VII and VIII will be released ‘in French’…?! Apparently a last minute announcement here at Japan Expo. Guess that means both titles at coming West on 3DS. I asked someone from Square Enix and it seems Horii dropping the bomb wasn’t planned.” (via @jkermarrec, 2)
  • “At Japan Expo, a few hours after our interview, Yuji Horii has confirmed here that Dragon Quest VII and VIII are coming ‘in French.'” (via @FFRing)
  • “Horii actually did mention 3DS for Dragon Quest VII and VIII localization. The translator got upset when he did.” (via @RedMakuzawa)
Of course, any bit mentioning only the French language is likely due to the announcement taking place at Japan Expo, which is in Paris, France. If it’s released in French, it will be released in English, as well.

Read More

3DS, Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King 3DS, Japan Expo 2015, Localization, RPG, Square Enix, Yuji Horii
source: Gematsu

Now XI just needs to happen for the Wii U of which there was also talk of this prior post #50 page 2 when they hinted at the localization of the other two for the 3D's

we just need to hear about XI with the Wii U was promised both here http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/04/square-enix-love-bring-dragon-quest-x-west/

& here http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/0...merican-release-x-not-coming-westward/102709/

when asked about X prior & they said XI is more likely with nintendo systems like the Wii U in the west. that better happen as well the system needs it. we'll just have to do our part make sure it sells well so square will keep making more in the west.

when asked about X prior & they said XI is more likely with nintendo systems like the Wii U in the west. that better happen as well the system needs it. we'll just have to do our part make sure it sells well so square will keep making more in the west.

Probably sure this has not been said. Not much has been said about XI really, outside it won't be mobile and Hori saying he 'wanting to see it on a big screen' or something like that, but no one is sure if he was really hinting about something or just giving his opinion. XI isn't going to come for the Wii U, at least not as an exclusive. Odds are on the 3DS, but if it's a console, it'll probably be PS3 and PS4 crossgen. People have said a multiplat release is likely this time, so maybe something like 3DS, Wii U, PS3 and PS4, but odds are that they'd just cut out of the Wii U of that. Square hasn't put any support whatsoever into the Wii U.

Also, I've seen you say this a few times, but you need to stop saying that X is 'promised' to come west. The article that you posted does not say that. I really don't know how you even get that from that piece. That's just the producers saying they would like to do it. It's in no way them saying that they will or can. X is different than the other games, being a MMO, the likelihood of it leaving Japan is pretty much nil: the fanbase to sustain that just isn't in the west.

But it's still cool that VII and VIII are going to make it over here. VIII I kind of expected since it's probably the most noteworthy DQ release outside Japan, but I thought VII was a lost cause.

EDIT: Also, I forgot the mention, the article that you posted in DQX about coming to "home consoles" is said possibly be inaccurate. It mainly comes from a translation that came from NeoGAF, and some are saying it's mistranslated from French and that Hori simply said 'consoles' and didn't specify home or portable, which would mean he was just reconfirming the game wouldn't be mobile and on a dedicated gaming device, since it was from a reply to a question about XI being on mobile.

Last edited:
sorry I was busy on both gematsu & siliconera . but I never thought it would be exclusive to the Wii U just ot be clear.

An article said it was a likely & square said they might possible do that for the west all prior to this in two different articles. now to me what matter is that this series reach as many people as possible it doesn't matter the console just that every one get's to experience the series new & old. I don't care for console Exclusivity with this series & if XI become an NX title I'll still feel the same. I'll feel the same if it's a ps4 title alot of people should experince it it doesn't matter the console & it should be just one console but I won't get hostile like some others like to act over the web.

Last edited:
What? X? XI? XVCI in a thousand years?

it was the hard core gamer article in the Dragon quest X thread page 2 which I'll ask you to change later.

but they were asked if by a reporter from hard core gamer if they'd bring X to the wii u to the west. all square said is that XI is more likely to come to the west alosmost like a sure thing.(almost it didn't say "Exclusive" so don't mistake it for that) that's it.

now as to it being Wii U they left it open since. if it's end on the NX that's would be cool too. this is all prior to 2015 though there as another article prior with siliconera just prior to it too. right all that stuff's there.

The last time this serise was talked in this way was for the 3D's.(from what I under stant)
If it extends to another system like the Wii u or NX it'll be put up in those one as well.

Want More Baten Kaitos Games? Let Bandai Namco Know. July 14, 2015 . 1:01pm

Project X Zone 2 director Kensuke Tsukanaka says to make your voices heard if you want more Baten Kaitos.

Siliconera recently had a chance to chat with Kensuke Tsukanaka, the director of Project X Zone 2. During our conversation, we brought up developer Monolith Soft, and pointed out that while their Xenosaga series has been represented in Project X Zone, their Baten Kaitos RPGs for the Gamecube have not.

“Are fans ever going to see Baten Kaitos again, inside or outside of Project X Zone?” I asked Tsukanaka. He laughed, and responded:
“So, do you remember that KOS-MOS and T-elos, from Xenosaga, were in the first Project X Zone game? We didn’t include them just because Monolith Soft was developing Project X Zone, we put them in there because there were so many fans of their games on the team, and that they happened to make sense for the world of the game.

“The reason there’s not Baten Kaitos characters in the story is because they just didn’t seem to fit in anywhere. As for [Baten Kaitos] itself outside of Project X Zone, well, I can’t really say much about that yet, but I think we need some substantial feedback from fans before moving forward with a project like that. What do they want to see from it? What platform do they want to see it on? If we can gather more voices for Baten Kaitos, then maybe we can start something with Bandai Namco Entertainment. That’s about all I can say right now!”
Well, there you go. If you want more Baten Kaitos, you’ll have to speak up. Remember, even after Monolith Soft became a Nintendo studio, the team has managed to retain a lot of its talent, including staff like Koh Kojima and Yasuyuki Honne, both of whom were heavily involved with Baten Kaitos.

Read more stories about Baten Kaitos & Baten Kaitos Origins & Monolith Soft on Siliconera.

these are the same people that have taken over devil third forthe Wii U which is still coming to north americe too

3DS
Story of Seasons sales top 100,000, XSEED’s fastest-selling title ever
Published 56 mins ago. 9 comments.
Rune Factory 4 sales top 160,000.

Story-of-Seasons-100K-Sales.jpg

Story of Seasons for 3DS has sold more than 100,000 units to date in North America since its release on March 31 and is XSEED Games’ fastest-selling title ever, the company announced.

Also announced: sales for Rune Factory 4, which launched in October 2013, have reached over 160,000 units in North America since release.
Both titles are produced by Yoshifumi Hashimoto and developed by Marvelous.

Read More

3DS, Marvelous, RPG, Rune Factory 4, Sales, Story of Seasons, XSEED Games

Also with which goes on further about it below

Rune Factory 4 And Story of Seasons Have Sold Very Well In North America. July 15, 2015 . 12:58pm

Xseed’s more high-profile Nintendo 3DS titles have been selling well—specifically their farming RPGs.

Xseed’s more high-profile Nintendo 3DS titles have been selling well—specifically the farming RPGs that they take on from their parent company, Marvelous.

Story of Seasons, which was released on March 31st, has sold over 100,000 units in North America to date. Meanwhile, Rune Factory 4, which was released in October 2013, has sold over 160,000 units in North America.

Xseed’s next farming game is Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale. Additionally, the company will also release Senran Kagura 2 later this year on 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Rune Factory 4 & Story of Seasons on Siliconera.

source: Gematsu& Siliconera

Splatoon, Fire Emblem Fates Music In Nintendo Music Game, Band Brothers P. July 22, 2015 . 9:00am

Band Brothers P players will be able to get four Nintendo tunes for the Nintendo 3DS music game. A song from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is available as a free download now. “Splattack!” from Splatoon will be available between July 22 to August 4.

[YT]A7LyxKLRrUw[/YT]
Band Brothers P players will be able to get four Nintendo tunes for the Nintendo 3DS music game. A song from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is available as a free download now. "Splattack!" from Splatoon will be available between July 22 to August 4.
A track from Fire Emblem Fates can be downloaded starting July 24 to August 6 and the title song from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is scheduled for July 28 to August 10. All of the Nintendo DLC tracks will be freebies.

Nintendo also has a lite version of Band Brothers P which will be sold on the eShop. Band Brothers P Debut has "Dragon Night," "Senbonzakura," "Mondai Girl," "360," "Shining Line," "Super Mario Brothers Band Bros Edition," "Starlight," "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik," and "Russian Dance" bundled together for 200 yen. Players will be able to purchase additional songs from a library of over 8,000 songs. Band Brothers P Debut is scheduled to come out on July 22 in Japan.

Read more stories about Band Brothers P Debut & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Nintendo Teams Up With DigiPen To Produce More 3DS Games In Singapore. July 22, 2015 . 11:00am

Nintendo has teamed up with well-respected digital media university DigiPen Singapore to launch DigiPen Game Studios.

Nintendo has teamed up with well-respected digital media university DigiPen Singapore to launch DigiPen Game Studios (thanks Straits Times).

The new studio is also being supported by the Media Development Authority and will encourage third party developers to create and publish 3DS games. It’s possible that the studio will also expand to other videogame systems in the future – whether that’s just the Wii U or goes beyond Nintendo’s system hasn’t been said.

As part of this effort, DigiPen Singapore will be hosting its first DigiPen Game Conference to let local game developers in Singapore pitch their games to the studio. Those accepted (ideally about 10 games) will receive mentorship from DigiPen to develop their game idea for 3DS and, once finished, Nintendo will do the marketing as it’ll be released on their system.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

It's a great university for teaching people how to make games. and one of the very first too. But I'm kinda worried about that being the only program's from Nintendo hopfullly they expand.

not everyone inthe world has gone handheld on the go crazy like japan has yet.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 Has A Little Bit Of Town Management Too.July 31, 2015 . 3:51pm

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight is a story focused remake of Etrian Odyssey 2. Instead of classes, Etrain Odyssey Untold 2 has characters like Chloe.

[YT]bPq0-K-5N1U[/YT]
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight is a story focused remake of Etrian Odyssey 2. Instead of generic heroes with classes, Etrain Odyssey Untold 2 has characters like Chloe. She’s a War Magus and when equipped with a sword she can debilitate enemies weakened with a negative status ailment with an additional attack and defense debuff that lasts for seven turns.

Players can develop the village in Etrian Odyssey 2. You can use money earned from fighting F.O.E.s to improve wards, which will attract new customers to your town, which rewards players with more En. Developing your town can also attract new trade partners which is a way to get more Grimoire Stones, items introduced in the Etrian Odyssey Untold games that teach characters monster skills.
[YT]N7YGWcz9zjg[/YT]

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight is scheduled to come out on August 4 in North America.

Read more stories about Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 & Nintendo DS & Videos on Siliconera.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold’s Temporarily Free DLC Is Here.August 4, 2015 . 3:00pm

Two pieces of Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold DLC are free until August 10.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold is the first entry in the series with DLC. However, not all of the extra content costs money. Some of the add-ons are temporarily free to coincide with the game’s launch.

The two Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold pieces of DLC that are free during the promotional period are Highlander’s Return and Hidden Hot Springs. The former adds Etrian Odyssey Untold’s Highlander class and Grimoire stones to the game. The latter adds a hot spring quest to the 3rd Stratum of the Story mode, adding additional Arianna and Chloe portraits when completed.

Both of these Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold DLC packs will cost money starting August 10. The Highlander’s Return will be $0.99 and Hidden Hot Springs will be $2.49. However, Yggdrasil Veteran DLC that offers additional Etrian Odyssey character portraits will always be free.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold is immediately available in stores and on the eShop for $49.99.

Read more stories about Atlus & Etrian Odyssey II Untold: The Knight of Fafnir & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold Recipes Are Super Nutritious .August 5, 2015 . 1:30pm

Make sure you enjoy home cooking before exploring in Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold. These recipes are a huge help!

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold has a rather novel feature. Like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, the game lets people head out to explore on a full stomach. As you can imagine, this makes an adventure slightly easier. All those nutrients take immediate effect here!

This means the second Regina opens her cafe, which you get to name, you’re going to want to become a frequent patron. After all, collecting those ingredients, experimenting to find recipes, and chowing down will really pay off in Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold.

But, sometimes you don’t want to guess. Especially if you decided to forgo the Picnic difficulty level and take on the Expert difficulty level. For you, I recommend these recipes. All of them can be completed from ingredients you’ll find in your initial Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold explorations, so don’t worry about having to reach past the first stratum for these dishes.

I found the Western and Japanese foods tend to work best when starting out, since they rely on boosting status, improving acquisition odds, and making characters stronger, so we’ll focus on those treats. The Chinese food is good too, but tends to focus on blocking or aiding status recovery and isn’t as handy initially.

When you first start cooking, you’ll need Escargot Citron. Why? Because it will make gathering easier. If you eat this dish, which needs one hiding snail and two citron, you’ll get more ingredients when exploring. This recipe is critical when the cafe first opens and is a good meal to eat when you’re level grinding on a floor in a relatively new area. The Fanged Sandwich, which needs four stiff leg meat and a vine head, is helpful as well since it increases the amount of items gained when gathering

But, if you’re going to head to a new floor for the first time, you want to eat health-regenerating food. I recommend Hi Lagaar Coffee, one of the first recipes you’ll get. It’s under Western Food, needs three rye and one sugar beet, and will restore a party’s hit points as they walk.

Dear Steak will be a little more difficult to get, since you’ll need to beat a few Ragelope F.O.E. on the first floor for their venison. The recipe requires four venison and two asparagus. It’s worth it, though, since it will restore HP every turn in a battle for a bit.

Should you be heading out to take down a boss, there are three recipes that could make a big difference. The first is the Odd Ishiyaki Pot, which needs four stiff leg meat and a strange stone. It buffs line item effects, which helps if you have one person acting as a support in a battle with a boss or F.O.E. Have them use a healing item one turn, and it will heal more HP.

I also recommend eating either the max hit point boosting Gibier Curry Rice, which needs three deer shoulders, three scarlet yams, and one root chili, or the max tech boosting Walnut Rye Bread, which needs five rye, three rock salts, and two walnuts. Both are good if you’re worried if you’re strong enough for the fight.

You can have one meal before you go, so don’t be afraid to experiment. I’m sure you’ll find some Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold snacks that work for you as you begin your adventure!

Read more stories about Atlus & Etrian Odyssey II Untold: The Knight of Fafnir & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Also with

3DS
Disney Magical World 2 five-minute trailer
Published 2 hours ago. 2 comments.
3DS sequel due out early November in Japan.

Disney-Magical-World-2-Trailer_08-10-15.jpg

Bandai Namco has released a five-minute trailer for Disney Magical World 2, its upcoming 3DS sequel to the 950,000-shipped 2013 original.

The trailer introduces the game’s various areas, including the castle front, castle street, and castle town; expansive worlds like Frozen, Little Mermaid, Lilo & Stitch, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, and Winnie the Pooh; over 120 appearing characters; activities like hanging out with Disney characters, going to the spa, surfing, gardening, fishing, and adventuring; crafting over 3,000 items; and living out “Dream Fantasies” when you go to sleep.

Disney Magical World 2 is due out for 3DS in Japan on November 5.
Watch the trailer below.

[YT]DcS9hTB6e_0[/YT]

Read More

3DS, Bandai Namco, Clips, Disney Magical World 2, Trailers

Lastly

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold Beasts And Protectors Are Essential Tanks. August 12, 2015 . 1:30pm

A balanced Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold party would benefit from including a tank character, and the Beast and Protector could be a perfect fit.

Every successful Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold party needs some sort of tank. Quite a few classes are glass cannons, like the Ronin and Alchemist, and you want someone who can draw attacks and survive. The two best classes for this role are the Beast and Protector. You know, that someone bulky to save the day.

I prefer the Beast, because Protect lets it takes damage for one ally for a turn, Hit-Taker takes damage for the entire party for a turn, and Protection Vow. Endurance and Deadly Resolve are great too, since Endurance reduces taken damage and counters in a way and Deadly Resolve lets it survive a mortal blow with 1 HP. If you’re set on making the animal a wall, Self Defense is great to use at the start of a battle, raising defense in exchange for a drop in attack stats, for three turns. I also like Lick Wounds and Auto-Lick, since it can heal and remove minds from an ally or automatically on the Beast itself.

The Protector is just as good, if someone prefers that Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold class. Provoke and Pre-Provoke are great, since it draws the ire of enemies to that character for three turns. Parry too, since it can prevent attacks to the line the Protector is in. It’s a great class for battles against foes who like to use magic, since Fire, Ice, or Volt Wall can protect allies against one applicable elemental attack that turn. You can’t discount the aid that Line Cure and Line Heal provide too, since it restores one row’s health. Plus, like the Beast, the Protector has its own saving throw sort of skill, with Aegis allowing one to survive a normally lethal attack with 1 HP.

The Force Skills for these two Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold classes may help you make your decision. The Protector can use Shield Protect to boost the strength of its own Shield skills or Perfect Defense to completely void all enemy damage for everyone for one turn. The Beast offers Desperation, which triples its HP for three turns so it has a better chance of survival, and True Endurance, which has the creature take all attacks for a single turn, not receiving any status afflictions, and uses a melee bash attack at the end to all opponents as a counter attack.

I suppose it comes down to this. Do you want a tank who will completely guard one character, or a few characters, each turn? Or do you want one that will primarily protect against one line or element, occasionally restoring minor amounts of health? Go with a Beast if you want some to take a hit, or a Protector if you want increased protection.
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold, and the series in general, is a deeply personal dungeon crawling experience. If you have enough patience and creativity, you can make any team work for you. Especially since the more recent installments add Grimoire stones for additional skills. If you can’t decide between the Protector or Beast, you could very well bring both along on your journey.

Read more stories about Atlus & Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera & Gematsu

Last edited:

Etrian Odyssey II Untold Buffs Up With The Sovereign And War Magus.August 14, 2015 . 1:30pm

Etrian Odyssey II Untold players in need of a boosting and healing supporter should consider a War Magus or Sovereign.
Last time, we talked about how the Etrian Odyssey II Untold 25 Thoughts could make the perfect tanks for a dungeon exploration team. This time, we’re going to talk about your support system. They’re your cheerleaders, the teammates that do whatever you need to keep the rest of the characters strong and the enemies you’re facing week.

We’ll start with the Sovereign. Originally, this game appeared in Etrian Odyssey III, so this is the first time royalty can be part of your party in an Etrian Odyssey II game. I like to play more aggressively, so a prince or princess usually finds his or her way into my party. Many of the Sovereign support abilities enhance allies’ strength.

A Sovereign’s Attack Order and Guard Order are essential skills, as they each increase attack or defense for a line of characters for three turns. The Fire, Freeze, and Shock Circles all decrease elemental damage of a specific type to the party for one turn, while simultaneously increasing damage of that element to the enemy. Another skill I highly recommend, if you want to do damage to a foe, is Ad Nihilo. It comes in handy against bosses and opponents you see later in the game, since it cancels all buffs and debuffs on one target, then deals almighty damage to them in exchange. If you have time, make sure you pay attention to Link Order and Link Order II. When applied to a single user or party, it will offer an elemental counterattack if an elemental attack happens.

The Sovereigns make a great healers too, though plan carefully if you plan to have one replace a Medic. Protect Order should be learned as quickly as possible, as it will restore HP for a line of allies at the end of each turn for three turns and is fantastic for fights against bosses or F.O.E.s. White Noble will cancel one buff and debuff on the entire party, and the restore HP and increase Force, with additional health and Force added if both a buff and debuff are present to remove. Grab the Royal Veil passive ability quickly too, since everyone’s health is restored every turn so long as the Sovereign’s health is at its maximum.

The Sovereign has two abilities that have a minor downside to them. Dauntless Order is handy, since it keeps mortal damage from wiping out a line of allies for three turns, while also healing health at the end of each turn for three turns. It stops working after one KO is stopped, sadly. The same applies to Prevent Order, since it’ll prevent status ailments for one line for three turns, but stops working after one ailment is prevented. Cheer is great since it restores TP to the party members in the same row as the Sovereign, but the fact that you have to remove buffs and debuffs the previous turn for it to work isn’t exactly helpful if you’re facing a boss or F.O.E.

Etrian Odyssey II Untold’s Sovereigns are also handy since they’re healing outside of battle too. Learning Triumphant Cry and leveling it up will increase the amount of health restored to the party automatically at the end of every battle. Any veteran knows and remembers the usefulness of Monarch March, which restores a specific amount of HP after a certain number of steps taken in the dungeon, with its effectiveness again increased as more skill points are put into it.

The War Magus is another great class if you want to inflict status ailments on enemies and bind them. Especially since binding foes also deals damage. Random Disease could inflict blind, curse, fear, paralysis, poison, or sleep onto an enemy, and Displace could take an ally’s affliction, be it a status ailment or bindings, onto an enemy. Using Strength Slash, Guard Slash, Headcut, Armcut, or Legcut on an enemy that’s taken an ailment from Random Disease or Displace could then lower attack, lower defense, bind its head, bind its arms, or bind its legs. Basically, someone could have a War Magus and always have them be using Random Disease and one of the various slashes or cuts to continually wear down any enemy.

An Etrian Odyssey II Untold War Magus is arguably a better healer than the Sovereign. It has Warmight to raise one person’s attack for three turns and Rockskin to raise one person’s defense for three turns. War Heal, War Heal Line, and War Heal All are a series of skills all designed to restore health during a fight, focusing on one ally, a line of allies, and finally the entire party. In later Stratums, a War Magus casting War Revive is one of the best friends you can have, as War Revive will bring someone back to life as a turn begins, but also bring the character back to life again at the end of the turn in the event an opponent’s attack takes the newly restored person out again.

Unfortunately, the War Magus doesn’t have as many passive skills as the Sovereign. However, the Vampire passive skill it does have is pretty great. Whenever an enemy character takes damage from one of the status ailments inflicted on it by a War Magus, say poison, the line the War Magus is in will recover some health. The only downside comes from not knowing which status effect will come from using Random Disease, so you can’t count on Vampire always kicking in.

Force Skills could be a tipping point when it comes to determining if a War Magus or Sovereign is better suited for the Etrian Odyssey II Untold run you’re planning. Both have a Force skill that heals, with the Sovereign’s Proof of Nobility restoring HP and TP and the War Magus’ Fairy Robe restoring HP, removing status ailments and bindings, and canceling any negative effects foes try to inflict that turn.

Their other Force Skills enhance one of their sets of abilities. If you’re up against a boss or F.O.E. that needs to be debuffed, bound, and brought down, War Magus’ War Edge Power will make the War Edge abilities like Strength Slash, Headcut, and the like boost status or bind without the restriction of the opponent having to have some status ailment prior. The Sovereign’s Victory Vow will make all Orders half as expensive, TP-wise, while also making sure ones that normally would help only one person or line would take effect on everyone. It’s especially good for the Attack Order, Guard Order, Dauntless Order, and Prevent Order skills mentioned earlier.

Here’s the thing about both War Maguses and Sovereigns. Both classes are incredibly versatile supporters. They’re great for boosting allies, bothering enemies, and healing the party. I’d almost suggest using a Sovereign if you wanted to attempt a party build without a Medic, and a War Magus if you wanted to try a party without a Dark Hunter.

As usual, Etrian Odyssey is a very personal experience for all players, and part of the fun is experimenting to see what kind of party compositions might work best for you. Keep the Sovereign and War Magus in mind in case you need an in-game BFF that will keep you healthy and have your back with the occasional attack.

Also with

[YT]-t0EXQzgTzI[/YT]
35 views 3 hours ago

EP Camping Special: 3DS Games

We kick off our end-of-summer camping special with a look at the best Nintendo 3DS games
to take with you in the great outdoors.

and here's the full show below

EP Daily Camping Special – Aug 17, 2015

We've got a very special episode of EP Daily today! Vic, Scott,
and Marissa take us on an end-of-summer camping trip to show us what games, books,
movies, and gadgets make the best companions in the great outdoors.

source: Siliconera & EPN.tv

Last edited:

3DS
Nintendo drops 2DS price to $99
Published 3 hours ago. 25 comments.

Just ahead of Little Battlers eXperience's launch.
2DS-Price-Drop-99.jpg

Nintendo has dropped the suggested retail price of its 2DS system from $129.99 to $99.99, the company announced.

Even at its new, $99 price, the handheld system will still come packaged with the digital version of racing game Mario Kart 7.

Nintendo highlights a slate of anticipated, upcoming 3DS games, including Little Battlers eXperience on August 21, followed by Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, and Yo-kai Watch all before the end of 2015.

Read More

3DS, 2DS, Nintendo, Price Drop

source: Gematsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"