Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Switch is the only system I still primarily buy physical games on because I'm not a fan of how Nintendo handles digital licenses.

Thank the PC Master race for Steam's cloud saving.

The thing about the Switch cartridges, is that they do come in different sizes, apparently. Also, many companies aren't. willing to put in the effort to get Nintendo's wizardry in files sizes.

So, as nice as it is getting third party support, you kind of have to acknowledge that they are too used to how the X1/PS4 operate. It's why I picked up a 128 gb card on sale last week.

Also, NBA2k also has a 5 GB save file. Just for the save file!!!!

I mentioned that about the cartridges actually, when companies are often charging Switch users extra for their product, they should be willing to not cheap out on the cartridge and not require a download, I acknowledge they're used to the PS4 and X1, but if they're gonna charge us extra or full price for the games, then I think it's also fair for us to expect some competence from them. required downloads when cartridges can hold the game, and as you mentioned, 5gb save files, are the opposite of competence.

this in it's own thread as well as here.

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Monolith Soft president wants to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch[/FONT]
Published 12 hours ago. 126 comments.

Is a port of the 2015-released open-world action RPG a possibility?

Xenoblade-X_11-30-17.jpg

With Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releasing worldwide for Switch on December 1, Monolith Soft president Tesuya Takahashi has told 4Gamer.net he would like to see a Switch version of Xenoblade Chronicles X, which was released for Wii U in April 2015.

Find the exchange below:
4Gamer.net: Is there a chance that we will be able to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on other hardware in the same way that Xenoblade Chronicles 1, which was released for Wii, was released as a New 3DS title?

Tetsuya Takahashi: Personally, since there are times that I happen to want to play Xenoblade Chronicles X, I get the feeling that it would be nice to play on Nintendo Switch. Of course, that it something I will think about while discussing user demands and future plans with Nintendo.

source: Gematsu

What games are folks looking forward to in 2018? It seems like the only first party games are Kirby and Yoshi - neither of which I’m interested in.

Let's see...

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle
Fire Emblem
No More Heroes 3
Octopath Traveler

Plus, I am extremely hopeful for some crazy announcements. C'mon Platinum, tell us what you are working on.

After playing RE Revelations a bit, I am hoping for RE 4 next year.

Im just wondering why we haven’t seen the first MM Collection. I don’t get why Capcom is holding it back?

Who's Mega Man? Capcom's mascot is officially Ryu from Street Fighter. I thought you guys knew this.

Speaking of, Capcom is doing a twitch stream on their channel for MM's 30th anniversary. Some people are speculating that they're going to announce a new game, and others are saying it'll be nothing but market promotion for merch and the new cartoon.

But either way, if you're interested in watching the anniversary stream, it's at 11pst on their twitch channel.

I don't doubt that the anniversary collection will be announced for the Switch, considering how well Ultra SF II did on the Switch.

Side note, having watched some of Battle Chef Brigade, I may end up picking it up. I think the indie games are almost as much of a draw as the big games.

A Mega Man X collection was announced, and it's coming to Switch.

Oh snap, they just announced MM11. It has updated graphics, but it looks amazing. It's coming to all platforms, including Switch.

And they also announced that the MM Collection 1&2 is being ported to the Switch.

Good god, so much great news for MM fans, and people who love the Switch. I'm so happy about everything that was announced today. :)

Last edited:
Here's the trailer fro MM11. Skip to 3:40 if you wanna see what it looks like.

[YT]ZLFW8KiVJBU[/YT]

I'll play it.

I wouldn't do it cause it sounds like the process may cause some problems with some things shorting out.

I wouldn't do it cause it sounds like the process may cause some problems with some things shorting out.

Done correctly there shouldn't be any issues, though I certainly wouldn't recommend that people who don't have experience working with electronics try to do it, I'm not very good with delicate electronics so I wouldn't want to do it myself, I had someone else assemble my custom joy con for me, it cost a little extra, but the peace of mind that my fire orange joy con were gonna be issue free was worth it.

I got mine today! It's so cute! The right controller is a bit sticky though

Picked up Battle Chef Brigade. A nice little game.

I just ordered one of these 8bitdo controllers for the Switch. It looks like a classic SNES controller, but it's fully compatible with the Switch. It has the sticks, home buttons, and all of the shoulder buttons, rumble, motion controls, etc. I think it'll come in handy whenever the VC releases, along with the MM games. $50. And I've owned another controller from them, and they have great build quality. Can't wait to get this when they release it on the 10th.

https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SN30-Controller-Windows-macOS-Android/dp/B0748S1VDC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1512590305&sr=8-3&keywords=8bitdo%2Bswitch&th=1

I was about to post those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"