Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this thing is running on pretty much the same chip as the NVidia Shield. It's not a bad chip, it actually runs Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel and other somewhat recent games well. It's just not an Xbox One.

I've heard rumors they they were considering a more powerful chip, but they couldn't get it at the right price point in time for a March launch, which they needed. Considering small upgrades to consoles are now a thing, I would not be surprised to see a more powerful version eventually.

I mean, they constantly tweaked the Gameboy and DS designs.

I can see them putting a stronger GPU in the docking station to increase the graphical performance of the system in the future to prevent being left behind by Sony and MS when they do a full upgrade on the Xbox and PlayStation.

Originally Posted by Sithborg
I've heard rumors they they were considering a more powerful chip, but they couldn't get it at the right price point in time for a March launch, which they needed. Considering small upgrades to consoles are now a thing, I would not be surprised to see a more powerful version eventually.

I mean, they constantly tweaked the Gameboy and DS designs.
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca
I can see them putting a stronger GPU in the docking station to increase the graphical performance of the system in the future to prevent being left behind by Sony and MS when they do a full upgrade on the Xbox and PlayStation.

yes I believe this is what I was talking about when it was mentioned inthis pod cast by victor Lucas
page:35

multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
about how modifiable the switch is or may be and it may have started what micro soft has been saying about the scorpio being modifiable with just switch out parts upgrading things like Hard drive .

which is @(direct Link>>) 5:32-Switch modifiable
from the top pod cast below

and fallow that from EPN.TV

31:18
[YT]xhcGAS4hg7M[/YT]
Switch Talk with HappyConsoleGamer - Vic's Basement - Electric Playground

• 2,123 views16 hours ago

Published on 19 Jan 2017
Victor Lucas is joined by HappyConsoleGamer’s Johnny Millennium and they discuss the hottest topic of January 2017—the Nintendo Switch and it’s imminent launch on March 3! Join the dynamic duo as they break down the Nintendo Switch presentation and share their joys and concerns over all of the announcements. Is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild a system seller!? Why do we want to buy and play Mario kart 8 again!? Why isn’t Super Mario Odyssey a launch title!? Is Splatoon 2 really worth getting excited about!? Why is EA just showing off FIFA for the console? What was up with Suda 51’s announcement!? What’s the deal with Arms!? And 1, 2 Switch…WTF!?!?

source:EPN.tv

oh and this is what terry's talking about

New Video Highlights The Nintendo Switch’s Hardware . February 8, 2017 . 8:00am

Nintendo has shared a new video detailing the upcoming console’s hardware, including the Switch’s touchscreen, Joy-Con controllers, and much more.

11 comments Read >

20170208_014616_thumb.png

With less than a month away from the release of the Switch, Nintendo has shared a new video detailing the upcoming console’s hardware. You can watch the English version of the hardware overview below, which features the Switch’s touchscreen, Joy-Con controllers, HD Rumble feature, and much more.
[YT]gUEhQ65FOJ8[/YT]

The Nintendo Switch will release on March 3, 2017.

Read more stories about Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Last edited:
It's like Nintendo's afraid of power :o

While I agree power isn't everything, and the Switch being a hybrid means it doesn't have to be as powerful to sell, there are still problems. Mainly with timing, and 3rd party games. Lag behind in power too much, and a simple port needs to be reworked into a new game practically. At that point it becomes a question of it's worth the time, and effort. Second is the above mentioned timing. The Switch is behind a base Xbox One over 3 years in, with both the PS4 Pro, and Scorpio being even more powerful. By the time the Switch life cycle is 5 years in, we'll probably have a PS5, and Xbox Two. The Switch will be two or more console generations behind in hardware.

Now don't get me wrong, it can still be a great system. It's just that tech can limit what games the Switch will get, and how big AAA games can be. Personally, I think the Switch is what the Wii-U should have been. Either way I'm sure Nintendo 1st party games will be good like usual. I'm just guessing 3rd party support may drop off like with the Wii, and Wii-U. Nintendo is listening to 3rd party companies much better, but if the hardware prevents big AAA ports from coming over 3rd party hands are tied.

Last edited:
Finally got my Pro Controller paid off at GameStop. Everything for launch day that I'm getting is paid in full. I got the Switch Neon, BotW Special Edition, Super Bomberman R and a Pro Controller ready to rock. They also confirmed GameStop is doing a midnight release for the Switch, but it'll be a true midnight, not a 9PM like they do with other games. Apparently Nintendo dictated that they wait till midnight.

Finally got my Pro Controller paid off at GameStop. Everything for launch day that I'm getting is paid in full. I got the Switch Neon, BotW Special Edition, Super Bomberman R and a Pro Controller ready to rock. They also confirmed GameStop is doing a midnight release for the Switch, but it'll be a true midnight, not a 9PM like they do with other games. Apparently Nintendo dictated that they wait till midnight.

Congrats.

While I agree power isn't everything, and the Switch being a hybrid means it doesn't have to be as powerful to sell, there are still problems. Mainly with timing, and 3rd party games. Lag behind in power too much, and a simple port needs to be reworked into a new game practically. At that point it becomes a question of it's worth the time, and effort. Second is the above mentioned timing. The Switch is behind a base Xbox One over 3 years in, with both the PS4 Pro, and Scorpio being even more powerful. By the time the Switch life cycle is 5 years in, we'll probably have a PS5, and Xbox Two. The Switch will be two or more console generations behind in hardware.

Now don't get me wrong, it can still be a great system. It's just that tech can limit what games the Switch will get, and how big AAA games can be. Personally, I think the Switch is what the Wii-U should have been. Either way I'm sure Nintendo 1st party games will be good like usual. I'm just guessing 3rd party support may drop off like with the Wii, and Wii-U. Nintendo is listening to 3rd party companies much better, but if the hardware prevents big AAA ports from coming over 3rd party hands are tied.
They are launching while the Playstation 4 is already firmly established. Saying you can't compare the Switch because its just launching doesn't hold wait because it is launching at a time where third party support should be at an all time high for a launch. But because they can't play any relevant AAA title, they are even further behind. And it will only get worse.

The Know on YT did a video today that emphasized why the portable console aspect of the Switch isn't all its cracked up to be. Basically because it isn't getting a lot of the games that would make that feature relevant. The third party games aren't coming. You aren't going to play FF XV or Mass Effect on it.

you, my good sir, are prepared and ready to........"snaps fingers".......Switch!! :cwink:

missed this there also a video onthe topf the page with in the article its self it;s different youtube video that was in that onthe quote below.

[FONT=&quot]A new Nintendo Switch rumor is suggesting that Metroid, Assassin's Creed, and L.A. Noire will be announced for the console in the coming months. The source detailed when we could expect these announcements, as well as a number of other announcements.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Take it with a grain of salt. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]YouTuber studio Q has revealed what an insider close to Nintendo and the developers who will be working closely with the Switch have told them. This source detailed a number of items, specifically things that would be absolutely wild - like Metroid making a return.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To start with, the source revealed that Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance will be getting a release date next week for the Nintendo Switch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was further detailed that two weeks before switch releases (roughly next week), Nintendo will be revealing "something" that they haven't revealed yet. The source went on to detail that it may be the Nintendo Switch Virtual Console, as it has yet to be revealed. However, the source was simply speculating that this may be the announcement.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now the meat and potatoes of what source revealed. Apparently, Metroid and Assassin's Creed will be revealed at or around E3 2017 for the Switch, as well as LA Noire. [/FONT]
[YT]l0qG7DmIUus[/YT]

• [FONT=&quot]Metroid makes sense![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Fans have been clamoring for a new Metroid game, especially since the 3DS received Metroid Prime: Federation Force last year - a game that drew so much ire from the community that it had a petition against it with over 20,000 signatures.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Nintendo could promise a boost in sales for the Switch if they announced a Metroid game for the Switch.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Assassin's Creed for the Switch has been rumored before...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ubisoft's CEO has been praising the Nintendo Switch plenty, saying that the Switch (NX at the time) would be bringing "casual players back" to the industry and that "Nintendo will be back in the race" with the Switch. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]With so much praise a rumor quickly surfaced that the next Assassin's Creed game would be hitting the Switch, the unannounced and unconfirmed title even saw listings in online retailer's stores for the Switch.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As for L.A. Noire, the rumor mill recently began churning on that one...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In mid-January, a rumor began making rounds that a remastered version of L.A. Noire would be hitting the Switch. The rumor came from a source that has leaked GTA DLC accurately months before being announced.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Nintendo Switch is set to release on March 3rd
    [/FONT]
source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Last edited:
hmm I remember Darthskywalker saying something about this and it was about something I posted when the switch was sstill called the NX and the maker of matroid said this below

multipage.gif
1 )

Metroid Prime Producer Says A New Game Would Have To Be On Nintendo NX. June 17, 2015 . 1:44pm

Metroid Prime producer Kensuke Tanabe talks about the future of the series.

Quote:

Much to people’s disappointment, Nintendo didn’t reveal a new Metroid game this year’s E3—excluding Metroid Prime: Federation Force, which is an experimental spin-off—and Eurogamer chatted with Metroid Prime producer Kensuke Tanabe about the future of the series.

“If we started [working on a new Metroid Prime] for Wii U now, it would likely take three years or so. So it would likely now be on Nintendo’s NX console,” he said. “It’s a long time but it would need to include a lot of content, which would take a lot of work on the development side.”

In terms of where he would like to take the story, Tanabe said he had a few ideas.

“The stories of Dark Samus and Phazon are done now,” Tanabe said. He then added that he would like to continue the story of Sylux pursuing Samus, which was a scene depicted at the end of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

“We’ve done a story based on the Hunters, and this time around we’re doing a story on the Galactic Federation,” Tanabe said, referring to Metroid Prime: Federation Force. “I would like to cross the two over in the future. And of course see a little more of Samus.”

Tanabe also said he can’t discuss plans for the Metroid franchise outside Metroid Prime, since he isn’t in charge of the non-Prime games, and so he couldn’t discuss if there were announcements coming on that front.

“I’m the producer of the Metroid Prime series, and [Metroid series co-creator] Yoshio Sakamoto is the one in charge of Metroid itself. I’m not sure when he’s planning on making such an announcement so I can’t speak for him.”

Read more stories about E3 2015 & Metroid Prime Trilogy & Metroid Prime: Federation Force & Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo NX on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

so that certain someone can stop tripping /freaking out

Last edited:
And here's what in todays news two articles from different places .

Nintendo Releases Switch Party And Play Together Trailers. February 13, 2017 . 10:30am

The two new Nintendo Switch trailers focus on people playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Just Dance 2017, and 1-2 Switch.

25 comments Read >

Two new Nintendo Switch trailers have been released to show off how the system can work in different settings.

In the Play Together video, we’re able to see how the system works when playing 1-2 Switch, Just Dance 2017, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in group settings. Split-screen, local multiplayer is shown off in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while the system is docked, but it is shown outdoors for the 1-2 Switch and Just Dance 2017 portions.

The Party trailer is devoted entirely to 1-2 Switch, showing the Safe Cracker, Quick Draw, and Wizard minigames in action.

Switch Play Together Trailer:

[YT]EZ7OpCAC98g[/YT]

Switch Party Trailer:

[YT]4GpC5PZnSiw[/YT]

The Nintendo Switch will debut on March 3, 2017.

Also with

1487006542Screen_Shot_2017-02-14_at_1.11_.47_AM_.png

If you're one of the thousands of gamers who think you can get a Nintendo Switch at launch without a pre-order, forget it. It's probably not going to happen since the demand for the innovative new console is high, and director Shinya Takahashi is aware of this. He says that the demand has been so high that some Nintendo employees might not be able to get one. Takahashi told The Telegraph:
"Maybe within the first few days! It does sound like there might be a few shortages here and there, but once you get past that I think we’ll have a very steady flow. Some of our employees are worried about getting one... but we are making a lot!"

Even though they admitted that the supply for the console might be short in the console's release week, it sounds like the company is confident that they'll be able to deliver more systems in the weeks after its launch. Last month, it was reported that GameStop's preorders for Nintendo's new console is sold out.
The console will launch worldwide on March 3, 2017.
Have you pre-ordered? Are you planning on getting one?
source: Siliconera &
logo.png

Last edited:

Shigeru Miyamoto On The Switch’s HD Rumble And Iwata’s Involvement. February 14, 2017 . 8:00am

In a recent interview, Miyamoto mentioned the late Satoru Iwata’s involvement with the system, his thoughts on the HD Rumble feature, and more.
8 comments Read >

Nintendo’s launch of the Switch is just around the corner, and Shigeru Miyamoto recently sat down for an interview with TIME to talk a bit about the upcoming console. In the interview, Miyamoto mentioned the late Satoru Iwata’s involvement with the system, his thoughts on the HD Rumble feature, as well as his thoughts on the role of stories in videogames.

First off, after mentioning that Iwata had provided feedback during the Switch’s development, Miyamoto went on to further describe Iwata’s involvement with the console:
“I mentioned that Mr. Iwata, Mr. Takeda and myself provided feedback and made decisions, but ultimately Mr. Iwata was the head of development, so he put a lot of thought and time into Switch. I think that the idea of Nintendo Switch being a device you can take out and anywhere, and the idea of it being a system that really allows networking and communicating with people, I think that’s something Mr. Iwata put a lot of emphasis on.

Because Mr. Iwata was tech-savvy, a lot of our discussion involved trying to figure out how to make the technical things like network capabilities or servers or whatever fun. For example, think about when we added the ability to use a browser on the DS [Nintendo’s two-screen gaming handheld—the browser was added to North American systems in 2007].

As time goes on, all of these services become more and more advanced, and so we need to think about “How do we incorporate mobile devices or new browser features that come up?” That’s something Mr. Iwata and I discussed a lot, really trying to decide what to do and what not to do in our hardware.”
Next, Miyamoto shared his thoughts on the Switch’s HD Rumble feature:
“First of all, I can’t say for certain that HD Rumble is going to create something completely original, but I can say that the sensation HD Rumble provides is completely new. When we first created the Rumble Pak [released in 1997 for the Nintendo 64], at that time we were trying to just think about cost and performance. What could we make that was cost-efficient to create a rumble sensation?

Within Nintendo, there’s a group of people who just focus on researching rumble features and capabilities. For many years, they’ve been bringing different kinds of rumble and vibration features and putting them into games and testing them. What’s incredible is that it’s not just this monotone vibration, but you can feel the taps. So when you put your pen on the screen, it’s not just this dull vibration, you can feel the tap that the tip of the pen makes on the screen. Right now there’s this idea that 60 frames-per-second graphics is the standard [speed for modern video games]. If you were, for example, to make something that ran at 20 frames-per-second, someone would get mad at you.

For anything interactive, the response time is very important. So like with virtual reality, the latency makes a big difference in the experience. And with HD Rumble, the latency is different, so it provides a unique experience, and with that unique experience, I think new ideas can come about.”
Miyamoto then went on to explain the role of story in Breath of the Wild and how important he feels story is to a game:
“Let me start off by saying that Mr. Aonuma [Eiji Aonuma, the game’s producer] and his team, instead of creating a game where you’re playing the story, you yourself are embarking on an adventure, and I think they’ve found a unique way to strike a balance between the story and the fact that you’re on an adventure. It’s not that I don’t like story, that I’m denying the importance of story. I think after someone has played a game, it’s important that a story lingers in their mind. But what I do think is a challenge, is to cut down on playtime to set up and explain a story that’s already been set.

I think what’s important, especially for the Zelda series, is for the person to be able to think it through for themselves, and to really live the story. I think that’s the challenge we’ve been working on through the many iterations of The Legend of Zelda. And so in this game, while you’re playing, you start to kind of dig the narrative out and see the overarching story that lies in the background.

And so I think the story in Breath of the Wild still doesn’t break the balance that’s been established in previous Zelda games. But we also wanted to make a game where, after someone is done playing, their own experience in that game is what the story is, and I think we’ve been able to accomplish that with this title. And really in this game, everybody can take very, very different routes and approaches. How long it takes to beat the game has a huge range.”
To read the rest of Miyamoto’s interview with TIME, you can visit their official website.

The Nintendo Switch will release on March 3rd, 2017.

also with

Today at 9:51 am

The Nintendo Switch launches in less than a month. We've seen details on the specs, how it's played, and... Read more

http://www.gamezone.com/news/nintendo-switch-accounts-can-be-linked-to-multiple-systems-3450657
http://www.gamezone.com/news/nintendo-switch-accounts-can-be-linked-to-multiple-systems-3450657

The Nintendo Switch launches in less than a month. We've seen details on the specs, how it's played, and the games that will be on it. But what we don't know is how the account system works. The details have yet to be released, but a recent leak reveals documents suggesting that Nintendo is catching up in their online game.
These documents explain that Nintendo Switch accounts will be device-spanning accounts that can also be accessed by PCs and smartphones. The console will also support multiple Nintendo accounts and a single account can be linked to multiple systems. This seems to imply that playing on a friends console could also including logging in as your own account to bring your settings, identities, and persona with you. Here's a look at what the document says:
Nintendo Accounts
The accounts are device-spanning network accounts that can also be used from PCs and smart devices. Users can log in to their accounts using a Nintendo Network ID (NNID) or via external services such as Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.
Linking With Nintendo Accounts
A link to a Nintendo Account can be set for each user on the NX. After an account has been logged in to on the NX, there is no need to log in again (to reenter a password), aside from a few exceptions like certain errors. By linking to a Nintendo Account, not only will users be able to play online games on the NX, but they will also be able to use services like the following to which the link is made external to the NX.
Purchasing of content (from official websites) using smart devices and PCs. Importing resources like NNID eCash from older hardware. Recommending friends made in non-NX applications.
Limitations on Linking
The link between a user and a Nintendo Account can be removed at any time. After the link has been removed, the user can link to a different Nintendo Account.
A single Nintendo Account can be linked to multiple NX systems. When multiple NX systems link to the same Nintendo Account, the user nickname and icon is synchronized across systems. However, the application’s save data is not automatically synchronized across systems. On the other hand, it is not possible to either link multiple users to the same Nintendo Account on the same NX system, or to link one user to multiple Nintendo Accounts.
The console in question is still being referred to as the NX, but while that was the project's name, it doesn't delegitimize the leak as it's likely still called this in-house. It seems the Nintendo Switch account system will support the simultaneous selection of multiple accounts and allow switching while playing some games.
An account does not need to be selected when the NX system is started, so you can design your application to make the selection at any time. You can ask the player to select an account in the regular way when the application starts, or you can support any of the following mechanisms to suit the game design.
For a fighting game, you can let users play in practice mode without selecting an account, and wait until they enter into the real fight mode, where scores are recorded, to select an account.
For titles that feature a collection of minigames, you can switch accounts for each try of each game. In this way, high scores are are recorded for each account. For applications like simple party games where there is no need to store save data, you do not need to support accounts at all.
The NX system supports the simultaneous selection of multiple accounts. This means that scores can be recorded separately for each user when a number of people are playing together at the same time, like a sports game in doubles mode.
The full reveal of these features may be officially revealed in the time between now and the launch of the console, or we may have to wait until launch to see if these leaks are accurate. GameZone will be on top of these features as they come.
[Via WCCFtech]
source: Siliconera &
logo.png

Last edited:

Also with

NeoGAF user Dystify posted some leaked developer documents for the Nintendo Switch that give us a lot of details we previously weren't aware of. These documents are used to help developers build their game around the Nintendo Switch's hardware and it gives them an idea of how the system itself works.
Some of the information given might not be totally accurate as things change throughout development, but gives you a general idea of what to expect.
You can find a small rundown of all the unknown features courtesy of Dystify below:

• When in handheld mode, the Switch will have an unlock screen like a smartphone to prevent accidental waking.
  • The Switch features a Quick Menu. Press and hold the HOME Button for at least one second to display the Quick Settings screen on top of all other screens, including the HOME Menu and any applications. Unlike the 3DS, the active software will not be suspended when this menu is invoked
  • The Switch's keyboard will feature predictive text such as those on iOS and Android
  • System Settings will allow the user to edit the following settings:
    • Flight Mode Toggle
    • Enable/Disable Bluetooth
    • Manage Wi-fi
    • Manage NFC
    • Manage screen brightness
    • Screen lock
    • User Settings
    • Create/Edit Mii
    • Theme management
    • Controller management
    • System Update
  • Miis will have more options for hair, eyebrows, eyes, facial hair, glasses, mouths, and skin.
  • Miis will not store the creator's name, their favorites, and their birthday anymore. Anyone can edit Mii characters
  • Developers can create and sell Season Passes for their games (NOTE: Nintendo just confirmed a season pass for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
  • This document confirms an X1 like SoC using Maxwell on the final retail version
  • There are NO plans to provide an Internet Browser at this stage but developers are able to access a web applet to display specific websites within their game/app
  • A maximum of 8 users can be registered on a system
  • Friend requests and game invites CAN be sent from the console.
    • "Friend Presence is a feature that uses the Internet to convey information in real time about the online status of friends and the applications they are playing. Among possibilities, we see this being used in the application to check whether friends are in the joinable state, and to use the Friend List system feature screen to show what applications friends are playing."
  • A Nintendo Account can be linked to multiple Switches BUT save data is not automatically synchronised
  • There are TWO dev kit devices: SDEV and EDEV
    • SDEV - Has built-in ports; no built-in battery
    • EDEV - Resembles the retail product exactly but is black color
  • Game cards come in 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, or 32 GB variations.
Nintendo Switch's specs have also been leaked which you can view below.
switch-specs.png

Nintendo Switch releases on March 3rd, 2017.

source:GI & http://www.gamezone.com/

Last edited:

GameSpot

12 hrs ·

Get your first looks at EA SPORTS FIFA on Nintendo Switch.

[FONT=&quot]Here's What FIFA Looks Like On Nintendo Switch
Check out the first footage of a new FIFA game on Nintendo's hybrid console.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Read more

[/FONT][/FONT]Nintendo of Japan has released a new Nintendo Switch trailer. The 30-second spot shows off the console's unique hybrid nature and contains a segment featuring what looks like EA's FIFA 18.
In the video (via Eurogamer), two people are playing the new FIFA in the Switch's portable mode, on a coffee table. It's not a lot to go on, but this is apparently the first time we've seen any footage of FIFA 18 on Switch. It's not clear if this is FIFA 18 footage or gameplay from a different FIFA game.
[YT]KNST_AtBb8I[/YT]

Earlier this month, EA's Peter Moore confirmed that EA is making a "custom" version of FIFA for Switch that is essentially FIFA 18. There were rumors that the Switch version of FIFA 18 would be based on the edition that comes out on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Asked if the Switch version would be closer to the PS4/Xbox One or to the PS3/Xbox 360 versions, Moore replied, "What you have will be a custom-built version for the Nintendo Switch from the FIFA development team in Vancouver."
[FONT=&quot]

Source:WWW.GAMESPOT.COM
[/FONT]

Got 4 articles from two from the same place and two others from different places

• NEWSPeople already have the Nintendo Switch in their possession Today at 3:31 pm

The Nintendo Switch isn't out for another 15 days but somehow two people have managed to get their hands on a...Read more

[FONT=&quot]
    The Nintendo Switch isn't out for another 15 days but somehow two people have managed to get their hands on a Nintendo Switch! The two nonchalantly posted pictures of their units on popular gaming forum NeoGAF, one even has the system turned on to prove it isn't some elaborate fake.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    wild-switch2.jpg
    [/FONT]

[*][FONT=&quot]After being pressed for answers, user 'hiphoptherobot' stated that they "... just happened to get lucky because unnamed store decided to ship early for whatever reason." It's unclear on who shipped this out or how this even happened, but Nintendo will probably slap a big ol' fine on the store who did this whenever they find out.[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The user who has the unit is reluctant to post any videos or screenshots out of fear of lawsuits or trouble, but NeoGAF is doing their best to convince the user. We will update this post with new information if anything changes, stay tuned.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][NeoGAF]
    [/FONT]

fallowing that

"NEWS[Watch] Check out this leaked footage of the Nintendo Switch Today at 4:36 pm

The Nintendo Switch is about two weeks away from release but someone has gotten their hands on an early unit....
Read more

^^ Details in the second article it's self.

Fallowing that

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Cam-recorded Switch UI video surfaces[/FONT]

Published 44 mins ago. 15 comments.

Switch out in the wild.

Switch-UI-Vid_02-16-17.jpg

Switch isn’t due out until March 3, but someone has managed to get their hands on a unit now.

A video appeared online today showcasing user account creation on the device, as well as the user interface’s “News,” “Album,” “Controllers,” and “Settings” menus. In the Settings menu, the user switches the device’s theme from “Basic White” to “Basic Black.”

The user also scrolls by a menu to create and edit Mii characters. When trying to access the Nintendo eShop, the user is prompted to perform a system update, but cancels.
Watch the video here (download mirrors).

Thanks, NeoGAF.

Read More

Switch, Clips, Gameplay, Nintendo, Switch

lastly

Nintendo Compares The Experience Of Playing The Switch To Playing Cards. February 16, 2017 . 9:30am

Speaking in a recent interview, Nintendo’s Yoshiaki Koizumi talked about what kind of experience the Switch’s gameplay would create, comparing it to a game of cards with people and playing “eye-to-eye.”

14 comments Read >

The Nintendo Switch is just about two weeks away from releasing, and Nintendo recently discussed the upcoming console in a recent interview. Speaking to The Independent, general producer Yoshiaki Koizumi talked about what kind of experience the Switch’s gameplay would create, comparing it to playing a game of cards with people and playing “eye-to-eye.”

Here are Koizumi’s full comments:
“When you have a deck of cards, you can get family and friends together and play games that everyone knows the rules to. It’s very accessible, everyone can sit down and play together, and that became kind of a root for us as we thought about this. For generations, people would play eye to eye as they thought about strategy. We wanted to recreate some of that experience using technology.”

“You need a certain kind of hardware to make that social situation possible. And in the past we’ve had that experience with NES and SNES of having two controllers and it definitely felt like the social experience where your friend would come over to your house and play with you, and so we wanted to make that situation not only more possible, but more visible outside the house, to see people playing together like that. It’s the addition of two controllers from the start that makes creating those things possible.

Of course you could go online and play video games with strangers that you’ve never met before, but something a little bit different is possible here, where you can take the system outside of your house and run into someone you’ve never met before, hand them a controller and start playing right there, and that’s the sort of thing that, when you experience it, makes the other person and yourself very happy.”

Additionally, Nintendo’s Shinya Takahashi also offered some comments regarding the demographics targeted with the Switch’s launch, noting the two audiences for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and 1-2-Switch:
“With the launch on Nintendo Switch we’re launching with two games, and one of them of course is Zelda, and in this case it’s a Zelda game that’s more than enough, it’s a much larger Zelda game than we’ve ever made before, and so there’s a lot more to experience there than you’ve experienced in past game. And obviously that’s for long-time Nintendo fans and long-time gamers.

“And then the other is 1-2 Switch, and as you noted 1-2 Switch is the type of game that’s really suited towards being an icebreaker with groups of people. It’s something that anyone can pick up and play. The original concept for Nintendo Switch was trying to come up with these ideas for play which offer anybody the chance to play these games wherever they want, and that was really the genesis of the idea for Nintendo Switch.”

Lastly, Koizumi closed the interview with more discussion about Nintendo’s goal with the Switch, as well as the ideas behind the console’s controllers:
“In our goal to reach as many people as possible with interesting new gaming experience of Nintendo Switch, we had considered the needs of a lot of different types of people, you have more of the core gamers who want everything out of the system, and you want it to also appeal to people who might just be looking for new experiences and coming into it for the first time perhaps. But the thing that we decided that we wanted to focus on in both of those instances was the fact that they could carry it around with them. And not only that they would be able to carry it around but that they would be able to experience the same quality of gaming that they could in their living room outside of the house as well. For that reason we also wanted them to be sharing it with other people when they were outside, and that’s why we included two controllers, so that they could hand one to another person.

When thinking about trying to provide that play experience and what would be required of the hardware to do it, this is where we landed. In particular, the fact that there are two controllers is especially significant to us.

When thinking about why that is important, the idea is that in previous generations we’ve had the experience included in one controller only in the hardware, and that really starts to railroad us into a situation of focusing on one player games. We didn’t want that to be the case this time round, we wanted people to go outside of their house and invite others to play with them, so having two controllers from the start was very important for this.

And we made the colours different so that it would be very easy to understand who was who. That’s how we settled on this iteration of hardware, based on trying to incorporate these various themes that could be applied in these situations.”
To read the full interview, you can go here.

The Nintendo Switch will release on March 3rd, 2017.

source: Gematsu, Siliconera & http://www.gamezone.com/

Last edited:
I don't wanna play cards.

Also with

GameSpot

16 hrs ·

Square Enix announces more details about the MMORPG.

[FONT=&quot]Square Enix Comments On Final Fantasy 14 Nintendo Switch Version, Announces PS4 Pro Patch

[/FONT]
This week at the Final Fantasy Fan Festival in Germany, Square Enix made a number of announcements about Final Fantasy XIV and its Stormblood expansion. In addition, it's now been confirmed that Square Enix discussed the possibility of a Nintendo Switch edition of the game and confirmed a PS4 Pro patch.

According to The Sixth Axis, producer Naoki Yoshida said Square Enix wants to bring the MMORPG to as many systems as possible. But this doesn't necessarily mean it will come to the Switch.
"The main limitation [is] that they absolutely don't want to create a boxed off version of the game that can't interact with the others. If that could be overcome then they'd be very interested in discussing a Switch port," The Sixth Axis reported.
The Switch launches on March 3. You can see all the launch titles here and every confirmed game here.
As for the PS4 Pro patch, Yoshida said Final Fantasy XIV will make use of the console's extra horsepower to boost performance.
"Rather than using the PS4 Pro's power to adapt to say 4k display, we're thinking of using it for game performance," he explained. "We've begun work on a Pro patch and hope to have details soon."
The PS4 Pro came out in November and a lot of games have been patched to support it.
Final Fantasy XIV's Stormblood expansion launches on June 20 for PS4 and PC--PS3 support is soon coming to an end. In addition to the Samurais and new areas to explore, Stormblood also adds another new class (the Red Mage), raids, dungeons, a residential area, and more.

Filed under: Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn PC

[FONT=&quot]

source
[/FONT]GI & [FONT=&quot]WWW.GAMESPOT.COM[/FONT]

Last edited:
NEWS

This is How Big Nintendo Switch Digital Game File Sizes Are Today at 9:47 am
A number of Nintendo Switch game's file sizes were revealed on Nintendo's Japanese website, revealing how...Read more

Good thing SD cards aren't too expensive, right?

A number of Nintendo Switch game's file sizes were revealed on Nintendo's Japanese website, revealing how big of an SD card we'll be needing, or how often we'll be switching them out.

To be fair, the Nintendo Switch comes with 32 GB of internal memory, which is nothing to cough at, as most of this list would fit with some wiggle room to spare. However, games like Dragon Quest Heroes I & II are a whopping 32 GB. This is two games in one though, and the Dragon Quest series is already known to be hefty in content. It should be noted, however, that some of this storage is used for the Switch's OS.

Not to be outdone, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild clocks itself in at 13.4 GB but anyone who's had hands-on time with the game shouldn't be too surprised about that number. The Switch luckily allows for Micro SDXC cards. The Switch can support cards up to 2 TB, which incidentally isn't even available on the market right now.

Here's a look at the file sizes for a few Switch titles:

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 13.4 GB
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 8.00 GB
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris - 1.09 GB
  • Disgaea 5 - 5.92 GB
  • Snipperclips - 1.60 GB
  • I Am Setsuna - 1.40 GB
  • Dragon Quest Heroes I & II - 32.00 GB
  • Nobunaga's Ambition - 5.00 GB
The Nintendo Switch launches March 3. We do know that Breath of the Wild will feature DLC which will obviously bump that 13.4 GB up some. We've also heard some rumored specs for the Switch itself.

GameZone

17 hrs ·

The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller lasts pretty long!

[FONT=&quot]Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Lasts 40 Hours on One Charge

The Nintendo Switch has a pro controller, as many may know. It's a rechargeable controller like the Wii U Pro controller...Read more

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Nintendo Switch has a pro controller, as many may know. It's a rechargeable controller like the Wii U Pro controller as well. But what makes this one different? A 40-hour life cycle.
The Switch Pro controller has a rechargeable lithium ion battery that's recharged via USB charging cable. It can even be easily synced via that cable as well. But the real kicker is the battery life. According to the box it comes in, the Switch Pro controller lasts for 40 hours of gameplay. That's not 40 hours of sitting around, not being used. That's 40 hours of actual gameplay.
For reference, the Wii Remote's battery life was somewhere barely in the double digits. The DualShock 4 over at Sony has around 7-8 hours of gameplay and the Xbox One controller has around 20.
The Switch Pro controller doesn't come with the Switch itself, but with such a battery life, it seems worth it to pick up for those who want a familiar gaming experience with some of their Switch games. Additionally, the controller also has motion controls, HD rumble just like the Joycon, and even a built-in Amiibo reader. This thing really is a fully-fledged option for alternative controls. Options really seem to be the Nintendo Switch's forte.
“Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, “It gives game developers new abilities to bring their creative visions to life by opening up the concept of gaming without boundaries.”
[Via Neogaf]
[/FONT]

Also with

Nintendo Switch Experiences Coming To California, Colorado, And New York. February 21, 2017 . 9:00am

Nintendo will be bringing one-day Nintendo Switch experiences to California, Colorado, and New York, with the California event being an invitation-only affair with John Cena in attendance.

15 comments Read >

Nintendo has announced a new Nintendo Switch demo station experience. Between February 23 and March 3, 2017, pop-ups inspired by living rooms will appear in Santa Clarita, California, Aspen, Colorado, and New York, New York. While the initial stop at the Blue Cloud Movie Ranch will be an invitation-only affair, with John Cena appearing as a special guest and playing 1-2 Switch, the Snowmass Village and Flatiron Plaza experiences will be open to the public.

Here are the times and dates for the three Nintendo Switch experiences.

• February 23, 2017: 8:30am-4pm PT at the Blue Cloud Movie Ranch at 20019 Blue Cloud Rd., Santa Clarita, CA (Invite Only)

• February 27, 2017: 8:30am-4:30pm MT at Snowmass Village at 45 Village Square, Snowmass Village, CO (Open to the public)

• March 3, 2017: 9am-5pm ET at Flatiron Plaza at Broadway between 23rd and 24th St., New York, NY (Open to the public)

The Nintendo Switch will launch on March 3, 2017.

lastly

The Nintendo Switch launches in just over a week and to help market the console, Nintendo has enlisted the help of an unlikely partner. The man, the myth, the legend... his name is John Cena! Yes, John Cena will be at an official Nintendo event playing the highly anticipated portable/console hybrid.

Cena will be there to help demo 1-2-Switch, a party game that takes advantage of the system's motion controller features in the Joy-Con controllers. Cena will play a couple of different mini-games with invited guests including the cow milking game where you simulate milking a cow and a wild west duel where you face off against another player and must draw your Joy-Con controller the fastest to win.

[YT]im9JuD-5lc0[/YT]

The WWE Superstar will appear at one of three events that take place on a tour Nintendo is doing leading up to launch. The locations of each event will be unique to help demonstrate the fact that the Switch can be taken anywhere, anytime. The locations will be in the desert (this is where John Cena will be), on a snowy mountain ski resort in Aspen, Colorado, and Madison Square Park in New York! You can view the dates and specific locations down below, only invited guests will be allowed into select locations but it isn't clear how Nintendo will be selecting people.

The Desert – Invite only
Feb. 23, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. PT
Blue Cloud Movie Ranch
20019 Blue Cloud Rd.
Santa Clarita, CA 91390
Aspen – Open to the public
Feb. 27, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. MT
Snowmass Village
45 Village Square
Snowmass Village, CO 81615
New York – Open to the public
March 3, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET
Flatiron Plaza
Broadway between 23rd and 24th St.
New York, NY 10010
The Nintendo Switch will release on Friday, March 3rd and will cost $299.99.
[Business Wire]

source: Siliconera & http://www.gamezone.com/

Last edited:
Quote:

Watch Kit and Krysta unbox the present we all want already

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Nintendo Switch is so close to our hands! One more week! Apparently, Nintendo wasn't satisfied with the current amount of hype, so they had an unboxing video to bubble the pot over the edges.
Nintendo Minute players Krysta and Kit unbox this anticipated piece of hardware with great detail. They point out things like the number of USB ports on the dock station, docking the Switch into the dock, and even showing the wrist straps on the Joycon that actually make them a bit meatier in the hand.
Check out the rest below!

[YT]dodnbYkbiZE[/YT]

[Via Nintendo]
[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot]Tags:
NINTENDONINTENDO SWITCHUNBOXING
[/FONT]

Also with

In January, a rumor began making rounds that the Nintendo Switch would be in short supply at launch. The rumor came from an insider at GameStop, who suggested that there would only be around 20 Nintendo Switch consoles at some GameStop stores for walk-in customers

Now, a press release from GameStop has released a 'breaking' announcement that has confirmed a limited supply of Nintendo Switch systems for walk-in customers of March 3, the Switch's launch day. In light of this, GameStop is urging customers to attend the midnight launch event if they did not pre-order the system.

“We will have a limited supply of the Nintendo Switch systems on launch day for walk-in customers,” said Bob Puzon, senior vice president of merchandising at GameStop. “Our teams made this happen. I would strongly suggest customers plan on attending one of our midnight launch events for a shot at securing one of these extra units. They will go fast!”The online stock of Nintendo Switch system bundles will also be short supply at GameStop. According to the retailer, a "very limited supply of two different Nintendo Switch bundles" will be available. These bundles have been detailed to be the following:

• Bundle 1: will include the Nintendo Switch, the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game for $429.99.

• Bundle 2: Includes all previously mentioned items, plus The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official strategy guide for $454.99.
Additionally, customers will be able to trade games, consoles, accessories and electronics towards the purchase of a Nintendo Switch or either of the bundles. You can check out an unboxing of the Nintendo Switch here.

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot]Tags:
GAMESTOPNINTENDO SWITCH[/FONT]

lastly

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo of America's co-founder Alan Stone has passed away at 71. Stone and his partner Ron Judy formed Far East Video in 1979 to help Nintendo bring its coin-operated arcade games to the United States. It was effectively the work of these two men that brought Japanese video games to the United States.
In 1981, Nintendo opened an American subsidiary of their company where Stone was co-founder and vice-president. Their first notable success was Donkey Kong with over 60,000 units sold in the US.
Alan Stone stayed with Nintendo of America until 1994, then became the CEO and president of Sega Entertainment. After this, he moved around to become an executive or board member of various companies such as Gplay, Platinum Studios and Raging River Corp. While Nintendo and Sega were intense rivals at the time he changed positions the first time, Stone was undeniably good at problem-solving and the industry as a whole is better for it.
He finished his venture in the video game industry with his position as the COO of NanoTech Entertainment where he actually gave the interview below.
[YT]oLvnl5Jnosc[/YT]
[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
NINTENDO
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread