Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No VC shop on release. Just another idiotic move from Nintendo.

[YT]oBntwjl5Dd0[/YT]

No VC shop on release. Just another idiotic move from Nintendo.

[YT]oBntwjl5Dd0[/YT]

yeah. that's kind of an early adopter deal breaker for me.

as much as I want to play Zelda, I'm not buying a brand new console just for one game.

if the VC were available at launch, at least there would be several classic NES and SNES games I could play until more Switch games, like Mario Kart, get released.

so, yeah, this is a bummer for me. :(

No VC on launch is a bummer, but maybe when they do launch the VC it'll have a robust library instead of the weak trickle of titles we got on Wii U at it's launch. They did say that Fast RMX and Shove Knight will be launch ready and they're doing a video showcase of other indies coming to Switch. Might pad out the launch line up a bit.

You won't be able to carry over previous purchases anyway which is enough for me to stay away from their storefront as it is.

I know a lot of people were assuming that, but is it now confirmed?

I figured that'd be the case, and I was waiting for VC-on-Switch news. I only have a handful of games downloaded on my 3DS. It'd be nice to have some essentials on the Switch, but I am not double-dipping anytime soon.

Currently replaying The Legend of Zelda and having a blast.

No VC at launch may be a day-one deal-breaker...

fortunately, I haven't purchased any VC content, so I don't have to worry about rebuying or redownloading games. but I can certainly see how that could be an issue for some.

also, just read this post that says the Switch might not be able to connect to hotspots at cafes, hotels, etc. because the Switch can't connect to routers that require internet authentication due to the lack of a browser.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02...nternet-authentication-required-wifi-routers/

that seems like a HUGE oversight, considering a selling point of the game is to take it with you......

fortunately, I haven't purchased any VC content, so I don't have to worry about rebuying or redownloading games. but I can certainly see how that could be an issue for some.

also, just read this post that says the Switch might not be able to connect to hotspots at cafes, hotels, etc. because the Switch can't connect to routers that require internet authentication due to the lack of a browser.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02...nternet-authentication-required-wifi-routers/

that seems like a HUGE oversight, considering a selling point of the game is to take it with you......
I think this would put some people off who haven't even previously bought titles as it brings into question whether new purchases will carry over into future consoles. Would be an issue for me at least. I'd be happy to rebuy all old games once, but never again.

I think this would put some people off who haven't even previously bought titles as it brings into question whether new purchases will carry over into future consoles. Would be an issue for me at least. I'd be happy to rebuy all old games once, but never again.

that may be true.

but it also seems like they are changing how the online account system works and it seems like eshop purchases will be tied to your account now?

that may be true.

but it also seems like they are changing how the online account system works and it seems like eshop purchases will be tied to your account now?

Would that imply that purchases would carry over for the future then? Hope so anyway.

Had this preordered and almost paid off.. then my PS4 died.. and with the overwhelming amount of games I still have on my Xbox One.. I simply upgraded to the S and cancled the Switch.

Doesn't mean I'm not interested tho. Maybe around September I'll pick one up. I couldn't justify the money right now just for Zelda.. And Zelda is probably my favorite franchise ever. I broke it down and I'd want at least a 200 gb MicroSD which right now are 60... The pro controller which is 70.. Zelda which is 60 that would equal around 501 after tax.

Not right now Nintendo, but I DO love ya so the closer we get to Mario.. I'll jump on board.

Hope ya'll enjoy your launch day.. Smell your system fresh in the box for me!

(yeah... I love a new system smell.)

Tests are being done on battery life. Nintendo said Zelda should last 3 hours. People are saying its under 2.5hrs.

I think people are being a little over dramatic with the battery life stuff. If you look at the tech and the size of the hardware it's crazy to imagine it having the unrealistic battery life expectations people are having. It charges off USB-C. Get a portable charger if you're gonna be playing it for long play sessions on the go.

I think people are being a little over dramatic with the battery life stuff. If you look at the tech and the size of the hardware it's crazy to imagine it having the unrealistic battery life expectations people are having. It charges off USB-C. Get a portable charger if you're gonna be playing it for long play sessions on the go.
So spend more money? Also isn't the point here that they are lying about the battery life?

If I binge watch TV on my phone for three hours straight my phone is gonna die. If I play my 3DS with all the setting on high for three hours straight it's going to die. I don't know what people are expecting out of battery life. Given the size of the hardware and what it has to do I'd say the battery life is fine.

If I binge watch TV on my phone for three hours straight my phone is gonna die. If I play my 3DS with all the setting on high for three hours straight it's going to die. I don't know what people are expecting out of battery life. Given the size of the hardware and what it has to do I'd say the battery life is fine.
Your phone doesn't present the concept of on the go gaming like you are playing a console. Also, they are lying about the battery life. There is a big difference between 3 hours and under 2 and half hours. Why is it okay for them to lie about that?

Oh boy, hopefully they can update this somehow.

[YT]SbG3F9RwlcY[/YT]

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo Switch 22-minute UI walkthrough[/FONT]
Published 13 hours ago. 24 comments.

An extended look at the hardware's operating system.

Switch-GameXplain-UI-Walkthrough.jpg
Ads by Kiosked

The embargo has lifted on press coverage for Nintendo Switch hardware, and GameXplain has gone up with a 22-minute user interface and operating system tour of the device.

Switch is due out worldwide on March 3.

Watch the full video below.

[YT]rXo3ZmlZngg
[/YT]

Read More
Switch
Clips
Gameplay
Nintendo
Switch

Next up

A portable console, now finally in our hands

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo was awesome and kind enough to send us a Switch a whole week and a half early ahead of its March 3rd launch. This is a big deal because up until now, the Switch has always been under strict supervision during events, usually tied down by some sort of security lock, meaning no one could really get a good sense of the weight and how it feels actually walking around with it. I've had the console now for four days and I've been trying to utilize its portability factor to get a really good sense of how it works when on the go, but for my night time sessions, I told myself that despite gaming comfortably in bed, I need to experience playing Zelda on the big screen.
The build, as you probably already know from numerous preview events, is fantastic, and truly doesn't feel like a Nintendo console. I'm not trying to knock Nintendo or anything, but the Wii and Wii U largely felt like toys, at least in comparison to the super sleek Switch.
Even knowing what the Switch looks like, nothing will surprise you more than actually holding the console in your hands for the first time, marveling at its tiny size, and yet, the screen is bigger than any current dedicated gaming portable such as the Nintendo 3DS XL or the PS VITA. It helps that it weighs very little, making it very easy and comfortable to hold over long periods of time.
system.jpg

The Switch presents players with choices on how they want to experience the system; Docked, portable, tabletop mode, Joy-Cons attached to a grip or detached and held in each hand separately. It's great that there are so many options because I've noticed that I personally tend to lean toward playing a specific way, which means others will as well. For instance, I love playing with the Joy-Cons detached from the console and without a grip, simply holding one in each hand. It allows me to lounge and doesn't restrict me with having to hold my hands in front of me. This is the primary way I've been experiencing the Switch and I absolutely love it. With that said, portable mode with the Joy-Cons docked on the side also feels great, and like I've stated, thanks to the weight, allows for long sessions without your hands feeling tired.
As of right now, I can't use the console to its fullest potential, because the day one firmware update hasn't gone live yet, which means software like the eShop still isn't functional and I can't link my Nintendo ID. Actually, as far as the system UI goes, there isn't a whole lot you can do at the moment outside of creating a Mii, setting up a profile, scroll through the News section which is basically the system's manual at the moment or browsing through my captured screenshots. Of course, the main event is Zelda, which I have been playing but unfortunately can't talk about until tomorrow.
Talking about screenshot capturing, there's something extremely satisfying about pressing that button and immediately seeing the screenshot captured in the upper left corner along with the camera shutter sound it makes. It just feels so immediate when compared to the PS4 for example. And sure, while the PS4 does take a screenshot as soon as the Share button is pressed, the little sound notification happens seconds after. Something about this all happening so immediately feels super satisfying. I know it's a little thing, but Nintendo is good at the little things.
grip.jpg

As of this writing, I did experience two strange issues with the Switch. The first one involves some weird de-syncing going on with the left Joy-Con. What I mean is that at times, Link will just stop moving entirely and either won't respond to my input or will move in the direction a few seconds later. Sometimes continuing to move in the same direction even when I'm no longer holding down the thumbstick. It's super odd. However, seeing as this seems to be a common issue with those who have the Switch, hopefully, this can be fixed in the day one update.
The second issue relates to the battery, specifically charging it while in Dock Mode. I've noticed that when docked, the Switch will charge all the way up to 73% (although 72% was the max I was able to get to last night) and then stops. At first I thought this was Nintendo's way of preserving the battery, however, the next day when I woke up to check the battery, it went down to 71%. This might be an extremely isolated issue that's only related to me, so it might not be worth worrying about it too much but I did want to bring it up.
Also, something worth mentioning since people seem to be in a tizzy about it not being a true portable because it doesn't fit in your pocket. If you take off the Joy-Cons and put those in one pocket, you should be able to comfortably fit the Switch in your other. Of course, your mileage may vary since I tend to wear jeans with bigger pockets, but I'm just saying that it is possible.
I still need more time with the Switch, and definitely with Zelda to give a more proper opinion on the matter, but so far, outside of the two small issues, I'm really in love with this little thing. I'm a big fan of portables, to the point where if I'm traveling, the first thing I'll do is charge my 3DS and VITA. So the Switch naturally fits right into my ecosystem really well.
[/FONT]

and lastly

Eight more days!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Nintendo Switch is out in eight days and although we've got one floating around our office (read our impressions of the console here), it won't be the system you get on March 3rd. Right now, all press have a retail unit that doesn't have the day one update which means you can't browse the eShop or link your Nintendo account. At the moment, all we can do is just play games like Zelda!
However, prior to March 3rd, all units will be given a day one updated that will be seamless and will not disrupt gameplay. Below you can find all the additions the update will add below.

• Access to network features, such as Nintendo eShop, online gameplay, ability to share images to social media, etc.
  • Ability to link Nintendo Accounts to your Nintendo Switch console.
  • Ability to connect online using hotspots that require authentication, such as at a hotel or café. A web applet will open up so the user can sign-in or accept terms of use.
Nintendo also revealed today that a couple other titles are coming to the Switch on March 3rd, one of which is Shovel Knight! One thing the Nintendo Switch doesn't include at launch is any sort of Virtual Console support. Nintendo has confirmed it will come at some point, but they aren't ready to talk about it yet.
Nintendo Switch releases March 3rd, 2017 and we will have more coverage including impressions and reviews for games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild leading up to launch!
[GameSpot]
[/FONT]

source: Gematsu & http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

as much as I want to play Zelda, I'm not buying a brand new console just for one game.
Why do you need more than one launch game to play? How much money do you have to be able to afford more than one anyway?

I'm sure they'll add an internet browser sometime after launch. It's likely just not ready yet.

Doesn't mean I'm not interested tho. Maybe around September I'll pick one up. I couldn't justify the money right now just for Zelda.. And Zelda is probably my favorite franchise ever. I broke it down and I'd want at least a 200 gb MicroSD which right now are 60... The pro controller which is 70.. Zelda which is 60 that would equal around 501 after tax.
Nintendo aren't forcing you to spend all that. You don't need a MicroSD, a Pro Controller or a physical copy of a game.

got some article and two video pod casts from both EPN.tv and Game infomer

[YT]pzuJj9_vD2w[/YT]

Here's How The Switch Interface Looks (And Sounds)video featureon Feb 23, 2017 at 08:00 AM

6,108 Views6

We take a look at the what it's like to navigate the Switch's menus.... More

Here's How The Switch Interface Looks (And Sounds)

• video feature
    on Feb 23, 2017 at 08:00 AM

We take a look at the what it's like to navigate the Switch's menus.
    ... More

The Electric Playground

4 hrs ·

We unboxed The Nintendo Switch!!! There was much excite!
1f642.png
:)

[YT]i81Ex9ZK1kY[/YT]

NINTENDO SWITCH UNBOXING!!! - Vic's Basement - Electric Playground

The Nintendo Switch is HERE!!!!! Jon Victor Lucas and Johnny Millennium (HappyConsoleGamer) as they…
YOUTU.BE

GIyoshi300.jpg

[YT]StxYraor600[/YT]
GI Show – Horizon, Mass Effect Andromeda, Playing The Switch

video podcast
on Feb 23, 2017 at 06:00 PM

Watch us weigh in on new games like Halo Wars 2, Psychonauts VR, and then unleash our full impressions of our Nintendo Switch.
... More

source: EPN.tv & GI

Last edited:
Why do you need more than one launch game to play? How much money do you have to be able to afford more than one anyway?

I'm sure they'll add an internet browser sometime after launch. It's likely just not ready yet.

Nintendo aren't forcing you to spend all that. You don't need a MicroSD, a Pro Controller or a physical copy of a game.
They aren't forcing him to buy the Switch either. And he simply explained why he wouldn't at the time. After all it would be Mania's purchase, with Mania's money.

Also you points don't make much sense. Physical copy of the game or not, it cost the same. The system doesn't come with the game. Though if you don't buy a physical copy, you are taking up memory. You would be kissing half of your avaiable memory goodbye, so why wouldn't you need a microSD card? Finally they didn't pack in the pro controller. Some people don't want to mess around with the JoyCons while playing a more standard style game especially. Like Zelda.

Final point. I have never bought a new console and only one game. That seems a bit weird outside of buying a game specifically for a pack-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"