Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never had a Grass-type bird (I mean a legit bird, not some flying flower or flying dinotree) and prior to Chespin we've never had a Grass-type mammal before. I'm glad other animals and concepts are being explored as Grass-types instead of just giving us stuff based on exclusively plants and lizards.

Litten looks like a meme reference or something. Uninterested cat.

Does the game ever really vary much or does it feel like the same game each time just with maybe a few new pokemon?

From what I gather, the surface game changes little (and I can attest to that, since I had been out of the series for an extended length, and coming back to X/Y was very familiar), but apparently on a more competitive level each game comes with it's own changes that have been potentially big effects game to game. I'm not really into that scene, though.

I sort of glaze over when IVs start getting talked about.

The Moon Bat is kind of aweseome though, continuing the trend of me preferring the "blue" option.

Yay new info!!! May go with the seal as I love water types BUT if the owl has great evolutions I could be swayed. The designs of the water and grass types are alright but I'm not a fan of the bored cat.

Pokémon Sun And Moon Share More Details On Its Three Starters . May 10, 2016 . 7:00am

Following the Pokémon Company’s reveal of the trailer for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon,
they have shared a bit more information on the game’s starter Pokémon, Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio.

182 comments Read >

Following the Pokémon Company’s reveal of the trailer for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, they have shared a bit more information on the game’s starter Pokémon, Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio.

Here are the additional details from the Pokémon Company:
The Pokémon Company International has unveiled the first details of the highly anticipated titles Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, starting with a first look at three new first-partner Pokémon and the packaging. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will launch in Europe on November 23, exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Following in the tradition of previous games in the Pokémon series, players choose one of three special Pokémon to be their first partner. These are among the first Pokémon players will encounter in the game. In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, players will be able to choose between the newly discovered Grass- and Flying-type Pokémon Rowlet, Fire-type Litten, and Water-type Popplio.

For a Pokémon Trainer, knowing the Pokémon types and how they match up against one another in battle is vital. Grass-type Pokémon are strong against Water types, but weak against Fire types. Fire-type Pokémon are strong against Grass types and weak against Water types. And Water-type Pokémon are strong against Fire types, but weak against Grass types.

Meet the three new first-partner Pokémon that will join Trainers on their adventures in the upcoming Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games!

Name: Rowlet
Category: Grass Quill Pokémon
Height: 1 ’00 ”
Weight: 3.3 lbs.
Type: Grass/Flying
Starting Move: Leafage
The first of the potential partners is the highly adaptable Grass Quill Pokémon, Rowlet. This Pokémon can fly silently through the skies, sneaking up on its opponent without being noticed. It can attack its opponents using powerful kicks, and it can also attack from a distance using the razor-sharp leaves that form part of its feathers. Rowlet can survey its environment and turn its neck nearly 180 degrees from front to back, so it can see directly behind itself. When in battle, Rowlet turns its head to face its Trainer when waiting for instructions.

Name: Litten
Category: Fire Cat Pokémon
Height: 1 ’04 ”
Weight: 9.5 lbs.
Type: Fire
Starting Move: Ember
The cool-headed Fire Cat Pokémon, Litten, is the next choice for a first-partner Pokémon. Litten’s fur is rich in oils and is immensely flammable. It constantly grooms itself by licking its coat, collecting loose fur into balls. It then ignites these hairballs to create fireball attacks. When the time comes for Litten to molt, it burns off all of its fur in one glorious blaze.

Name: Popplio
Category: Sea Lion Pokémon
Height: 1 ’04 ”
Weight: 16.5 lbs.
Type: Water
Starting Move: Water Gun
The third possibility is the acrobatic Sea Lion Pokémon, Popplio. Popplio can create balloons made of water from its nose and utilize them to create a variety of different strategies and attacks in battle. This Pokémon is better at moving in the water than on land, and can swim at speeds over 25 mph. On land, it uses the elasticity of the balloons it creates to perform jumps and acrobatic stunts.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will release for the Nintendo 3DS on November 18th in North America, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan. It will release on November 23rd in Europe.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Bellossom And Mega Swampert Appear In Pokémon Shuffle This Week . May 10, 2016 . 9:30am

New challenges are available in Pokemon Shuffle this week, including a Bellosom stage and a special competitive stage featuring Mega Swampert.

1 comment Read >

A new week brings with it new challenges in both the 3DS and mobile versions of Pokémon Shuffle. [Thanks, Serebii.]

First off, a Bellossom stage has begun and will be available until May 17th.

A competitive stage featuring Mega Swampert has also begun. This one is a Fast Match stage, meaning the points gained get boosted by 50% if you make quick matches in succession. Players who place in the top 60,000 in Japan, 22,000 in North America, 15,000 in Europe, and top 80,000 on mobile will be rewarded with a Swampertite. If they already own a Swampertite, they will instead receive a Mega Speedup.

Additionally, the Thundurus stage is making a return. This stage will be available until May 17th and the Pokémon’s capture rate will increase with each day.

Pokémon Shuffle is available for the Nintendo 3DS, iOS and Android devices.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Android & iOS & Pokémon Shuffle on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

I'd like to see another fire lizard starter.

Pokemon's looking great so far.

tumblr_o6yqriA2wb1root05o1_400.gif

The starters feel a bit lacking, but I suppose it will depend heavily on how they actually are in game. I like Rowlet in action, less so in the first image. Litten is probably the best concept overall.

The Sun legendary looks pretty awesome. Reminds me of Entei a little bit.

The starters feel a bit lacking, but I suppose it will depend heavily on how they actually are in game. I like Rowlet in action, less so in the first image. Litten is probably the best concept overall.

Really have to wait and see the evolutions. I do like them a bit more overall than the past couple.

If Solrock or Lunatone are not in this game, then someone failed. Hard.

Solgaleo and Lunaala (if that's their official names)

Z8ZYevZ.png

ok I'm putting this in Spoilers so for those that don't to be see too much just avoid this on I won't put too much of it up ether.

In Desperate Need of HM06: Smashing through Detective Pikachu’s Second Case . May 12, 2016 . 6:00pm

Hours into Detective Pikachu and I’m wondering when we’re going to address the elephant in the room: Pokémon are dangerous.
Not playfully dangerous, but like, reaaaally dangerous.
2 comments Read >

Hours into Detective Pikachu and I’m wondering when we’re going to address the elephant in the room: Pokémon are dangerous. Not playfully dangerous, but like, reaaaally dangerous. Yanmega? It can uproot trees and rupture organs with the beat of its wings. Yveltal? When it dies, it sucks the life from every living thing and turns the planet into a lifeless husk. Glalie? After freezing you solid by…looking at you? It consumes its immobilized pray at an excruciatingly slow pace.

One of these three things happens in Detective Pikachu’s second case, and the ensuing chaos could’ve been solved with a little help from our favorite obligatory technique: Rock Smash. Let’s talk about how we get there first.

Meet Michael Baker. He’s the founder of the Baker Detective Agency and your father’s closest friend. You make some idle chit-chat about how Tim will be commuting to the city to attend Lime City College in the Fall, then you discard that obligatory water-cooler conversation for the real reason you came here: what the hell happened to Harry Goodman? Turns out, even Baker is stumped. Despite a thorough investigation by the police, the trail’s gone cold – as if there was a trail to begin with.

Tim won’t have any of it.

Following a brief admonishment from Baker, Tim promises to avoid getting wrapped up in the case – and then, exchanging heartfelt goodbyes with the office’s secretary, Amanda, continues to Harry’s Goodman’s room where he consequently gets wrapped up in the case.

Here you learn a bit more about Tim’s father – an obsessive, withdrawn man who fully devoted himself to his unique, uh…craft. But the man was never more distant than, say, Ness’ father in EarthBound. In fact, he keeps the jar of candy his family spent hours searching for on the top shelf of his bookcase, front and center. Pikachu elects you to investigate the room since his familiarity with Harry and his tendencies might cause him to overlook something vital. With that, you’re off.

You jumble through some receipts on his desk and discover that Pikachu’s coffee-loving likely came from Harry. You notice a scalding note with a recipe from Harry’s wife pinned to the fridge, but find nothing on its shelves. You scuffle through some dirty dishes, some banal books…ugh! The only thing left to check is the closet – and what do you know, it’s locked. Where might Harry hide his key? Well, one thing a man like this won’t misplace is his candy, so I hop over to the jar and viola! There it is. A key.

Tim pulls a messy looking note out of the closet. While at first Harry’s memo looks like a section of a color-by-numbers paper, but it’s actually a map of sorts. Though it seems to make no geographical sense, a quick note scrawled across the front offers the duo some vague direction: Litwick Cave. Well, it’s better than nothing! Pikachu and Tim decide to follow the clue, and depart for the cave without flashlights, or spelunking gear, or anything else one might need in, say, a giant hole in the earth.

Well, nothing yells “you’re on the right track” like a Drifloon b-lining it to the cave entrance whilst two distinctively human voices are screaming for their lives. While Drifloon did not manage to wander off with these two people’s souls, a Glalie seems to have gotten the better of them – and without help from Tim and Pikachu, it may just finish the job. “Pikachu! Quick! Use Thunderbolt!” an order that Pikachu takes as a personal insult, explaining that he hasn’t been able to use such moves since the accident. So, plan B – rock throw. Er….throw rocks, I mean. Despite the metaphorical type advantage, Tim can’t do much else than distract it.
Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Duo on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

there's more but your reading it at your own risk. you've been forward.

I hope that small island that was shown isn't the entire region. It's so small.

I hope that small island that was shown isn't the entire region. It's so small.

Nah, it'll probably be like multiple unique islands all over the game, like the Pokemon Orange Islands arc or Zelda Wind Waker.

That island we saw is probably the starter island of the game, like the Pallet Town equivalent.

Nah, it'll probably be like multiple unique islands all over the game, like the Pokemon Orange Islands arc or Zelda Wind Waker.

That island we saw is probably the starter island of the game, like the Pallet Town equivalent.

Idk about that. It's looks too big to be one of an unaccounted amount of islands, but too small for a new region.

And even if there are other islands, what are the chances that they'll be as big and diverse like the one shown in the trailer? I hope that I'm proven wrong on this.

If Solrock or Lunatone are not in this game, then someone failed. Hard.

The same can probably be said for Ho-oh and Lugia too. And I'm loving the theory of how Perfect Zygarde could manifest itself to be too - [blackout]by the combined powers of Xerneas, Yveltal and the Legendaries from Sun & Moon.[/blackout] Theories also suggest that X&Y were mere reboots of the Pokémon franchise, and with Sun & Moon coming sorta correspond with Gold & Silver too. Either way I'm excited. Will definitely be getting both games like I've done in the past with the other games. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"