Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay almost done with the boss list. I'm just having trouble with the Shadow and Spirit Temple ones. I can't decide what type of theme they should have.

Also I played A Link Between Worlds and I can say that I would not be opposed to a console Zelda game done the same way. It made me very nostalgic for the old 2D four way scrolling gameplay style. But then I can see it becoming an obvious marketing ploy and be insanely tedious and formulaic like Super Mario Bros. Wii and U.

Ruto Is The Star Of A New Hyrule Warriors Gameplay Trailer. July 25, 2014 . 1:43am

Koei Tecmo have shared a new gameplay video for Hyrule Warriors, this team featuring Princess Ruto.
Koei Tecmo have shared a new gameplay video for Hyrule Warriors, this team featuring Princess Ruto from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. You can watch her in action below.
[YT]lcdfju_OF7Y[/YT]

Earlier in the day, we also posted our hands-on impressions of Darunia, the Goron chief from Ocarina of Time, who is also playable. You can read those here.

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

I loved and hated how they started her trailer. It was funny, yeah, but it also gave me flashbacks to OoT and I could have done without that.

Honestly, all these updated designs kind of make me want to see a Wii U Ocarina of Time remake.

Though the new Zelda looks promising, so no rush.

I may end up getting Hyrule Warriors for sure, after all. I just pre-ordered Captain Toad kia K-Mart online, and they have a promotion where you can sign up for Shop My Way (for free), and get credit back. I got $10 back for Captain Toad, and apparently $59.99 translates to $20 back. So, technically, I could get it for about $30. I could live with that, even if it ends up being the usual dull Warriors game with a shiny, irresistible Zelda skin.

Honestly, all these updated designs kind of make me want to see a Wii U Ocarina of Time remake.

Though the new Zelda looks promising, so no rush.

Lol, yeah, I'm sure there's no rush from Nintendo. They really haven't done a lot of actual remakes for the Zelda series. A lot of re-releases, sure, like via VC or stuff like LTTP to GBA or the collection for GC that came with pre-ordering Wind Waker, but I actually think OOT 3D is the only real time they've remake a Zelda in a traditional sense. Even then you could argue it was more of a remaster, but it had a lot more work done than the usual bare minimum HD remaster.

hurray! Can't wait to get it! Hyrule Warriors will kick off Nintendo's run of good games!

cbuwtw.gif

People have said that Link is the one actually flipping with the camera following him, but I dunno, it looks to me like it could go either way...

It looks cool, though.

Okay here is the first boss of The Legend of Zelda: The Sages' Scrolls.

The Hykiri Windmill/The Forest Temple: A windmill that powers the upper forest dwelling towns of Hyrule. When Link arrives he finds the bridge to the mill has mysteriously been destroyed. After asking a Hylian guard what happened, the guard will simply say he's not sure what occurred, but witnesses say a mysterious flash of light consumed the bridge the night before. It is then the guards are greeted by Isllanis the royal priest of the Sanctuary of Hylia who claims he has come to witness another sign of Hylia's anger. Isllanis meets with Link who knows him as the peasant friend of the Princess. When Link tells him about his quest to go to the mill, Isllanis simply scoffs at him claiming that the Triforce has never been found by even the greatest knights of all of Hyrule. He does tell Link that the only other entrance to the mill is through the Lost Woods, but leaves Link with a warning that those who enter the woods will never be seen again.

Before entering the Woods, Link sees a sign warning travelers to turn back for it is easy to become lost inside. Link enters and quickly falls victim to the cursed woods, but he then hears a tune coming from one of the paths and follows. Link finds out the song is being played on a flute by a Skull Kid. The Skull Kid flees once made aware of Link's presence. As Link follows using the song, he finds the exit and sees the Skull Kid once more. The Skull Kid claims Link is fun for an adult and decides to teach him the song as thanks for the game. He teaches Link how to play it on the Royal Harp and then tells him that he and other Skull Kid learned the song from a fairy boy in a green cap many years ago.

When Link exits the Woods, he arrives at The Hykiri Windmill a series of large windmills that soar high above the trees of the forest. Link is then greeted by a maintenance worker by the name of Senri. Senri tells Link that he witnessed the destruction of the bridge last night. He says three ghostly flames came out of the mill and formed together into a giant orb of light and consumed the bridge whole. He then tells Link that many strange activities have occurred in the mill and that it is mostly abandoned with the exception of seven workers to keep it operational. Senri believes the bridge's collapse was a warning from the presence that haunts the mill. Suddenly, a worker runs out of the mill in terror. The worker named Kelva tells Senri that one of the other workers was consumed by a giant flame deep within the mill. Senri decides to investigate, but wants some back up in case things go awry. Kelva is too frightened to volunteer, so he asks Link for his help. Link agrees.

As Link enters, Senri points out that the service elevator for the mill has been damaged. Link must now navigate the mill by activating different wind turbines and travel their currents using the Sailcloth. Link and Senri quickly learn that the lower depths of the mill have been plagued with many monsters. Soon Link is separated by Senri and sees him again as he is claimed by the ghostly flames. Senri is then turned into a painting and the users of the flames are revealed to be three Poes named: Cyrano, Roxanne, and Christian. The Poes vanish after Link learns that they possess three flames sacred to the grounds of the mill. The Flames of Desire, Knowledge, and Passion. After Link retrieves two of the flames from Roxanne and Christian, Link corners Cyrano who willingly gives up his. He reveals that the Poes were merely using the flames to gain vengeance against the Hylians who desecrated this sacred place. He then tells Link that the flames have the power to animate inanimate objects and vice versa. He leaves Link with knowledge of a fourth flame in the hidden chamber of the mill and dissipates.

Link finds the entrance of the hidden chamber, but cannot enter. It is then he is graced by a familiar face. The masked puppeteer reveals to Link that he cannot enter the chamber without playing a sacred melody on a divine instrument to open the passageway. He then proceeds to tell the tale of the Sages and their departure into the Sacred Realm with help of a visual aid in the form of marionette puppets he summons from dark flames of his hands. The Sages were told by the Goddesses to return to the Sacred Realm to protect the Triforce in order to prevent a repeat of The Dark One who claimed a piece and used its power to torment the inhabitants of Hyrule. The Sages separated the Triforce into shards and scattered them throughout Hyrule, one of the Sages agreed to keep the locations secret in this realm while the others remained. The location of the shards were then lost as time went on. It is said that the Triforce's power still resonates in the most sacred of places in Hyrule and only a great hero can find them and restore them as whole. He then uses some marionette strings to form a crude instrument and teaches Link this enchanted melody on the Royal Harp. He then leaves Link with a warning that the Sages wouldn't leave the shards unguarded and fades into the shadows.

Link opens the chamber using the "Minuet of Forest" and enters. He sees the fourth flame in the center of the room on a single torch. The Flame of Bravery. Suddenly, the flames leave his person and the torch to take shape of archaic symbols. The symbols light up the room revealing a giant statue in the center of the tall chamber. The symbols then enter the statue's chest causing it to awaken...

The Wooden Colossus: Bimecha
Bimecha is an ancient golem created by the Sage of Forest to defend the temple's shard. Link must navigate to the highest point of the chamber while avoiding the thrashing elongated arms using the Sailcloth to get to Bimecha's weak point: spinning gears near the top of its chest. He must use the Hero's Crossbow to deal damage to it. Eventually, Bimecha limbs will fall off due to the damage dealt leaving his torso and head. One more blow will reveal the innards of its chest revealing the gears being powered by the flames. Once Link destroys these gears, Bimecha will collapse into pieces leaving a Heart Container and the a Triforce shard behind.

Link is then transported to another room where he finds the paintings of all the workers and the bridge. He uses the flames to restore everything back to normal. Thankful for his efforts, Senri gives Link a gift in return for saving him and the workers...

Keep Your Eyes Peeled, Hyrule Warriors Is Filled With Gold Skulltulas. July 29, 2014 . 4:33pm

Hyrule Warriors is filled with different characters and stages from past Zelda games, and it looks like the Gold Skulltula is in the game as well.

Hyrule Warriors is filled with different characters and stages from past Zelda games, and it looks like the Gold Skulltula from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask will also be in the upcoming game, accompanying some collectable features.

The Gold Skulltulas appear after meeting a certain requirement, and appear on the mini-map with a spider web icon. Once that appears, it means there’s a Gold Skulltula somewhere in the area, but it’ll run away if you don’t catch it in time.

Once you get close to a Gold Skulltula, you’ll hear some scattering sounds. They might occasionally be hidden under suspicious-looking rocks, so you can blow them up with bombs to check if they’re there.

By defeating a Gold Skulltula, you’ll acquire an illustration piece, which can be put together to make out an illustration. There are a total of 100 Gold Skulltulas in Hyrule Warriors.

Hyrule Warriors is slated for release on September 26 in North America and a little earlier in Europe on September 19 for Wii U.

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Wii U on Siliconera.
And

Sheik Versus An Army Of Skeletons In A Hyrule Warriors Trailer. July 29, 2014 . 9:49pm

Koei Tecmo’s latest Hyrule Warriors trailer provides a look taking on an army of Stalfos in the game.

[YT]x5jEVHRbJLk[/YT]
Koei Tecmo’s latest Hyrule Warriors trailer provides a look taking on an army of skeletons (Stalchildren?) in the game. Sheik uses a combination of music and hard-hitting physical attacks to deal damage to enemies.

Hyrule Warriors will be released on August 14th in Japan. A North American release will follow in September.

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera.

Last edited:
Yay Sheik. I do hope she gets another weapon. If not, I will be happy with the knife-harp-magic combo.

When is the next actual Zelda game coming out? Is it in the works?

I don't really care for this arcade looking game coming out.

Second boss:

Dodoron Mines/The Fire Temple: A series of coal mines along a now dormant Death Mountain. Although it is no longer active, the mountain has kept its name for other reasons. After visiting Dampé at the entrance of the Shieriko Necropolis, a rockslide occurs near the road to the mines. Link must use a bomb to destroy the pile of rocks to clear the way. A merchant by the name of Leebo who was blocked by the rockslide will thank Link and give him the Clawshot to help him scale the mountain. Leebo was returning home after delivering imported goods from his ship near the harbor when the rockslide trapped him on the mountain. He tells Link to visit him when he can and travels back to his ship.

Link continues on fighting several Tektite and avoiding boulders rolling down the mountainside. He finally stumbles upon a village where the mining workers reside. The leading worker is a stern looking man on a cane by the name of Celsian. He tells Link that the mines are a dangerous place and many had to evacuate after an infestation of a once thought extinct creature. Suddenly, one of his workers comes to deliver disheartening news to Celsian. He tells him that his daughter went into the mines to try and take care of the infestation herself. Shocked by this, Celsian throttles the worker for letting his daughter go and tries to go after her, but instead recoils in pain. Celsian reveals to Link that his leg was wounded months ago when it got caught by a stray boulder while traveling the mountainside. It is still wounded despite his attempts to use the hot springs to soothe the pain. He pleads with Link to go find his daughter and return her safely to him. He explains that he doesn't trust the supposed competency of his crew. Link agrees.

Link traverses the mines by using the Clawshot and Bomb Flowers and finds the shovel-wielding Phaesta, Celsian's daughter. Phaesta explains to Link that she learned how to defeat the creatures infesting the mine by using the bomb flowers nearby. She plans to clear out the entire mine using a giant bomb flower she found, but is hesitant due to a fear of a possible cave in. She asks Link for his help to find the nest of these creatures and use the giant bomb flower to defeat them. Link agrees. Further into the mines, Link learns that the creatures plaguing the mines are Dodongos. Phaesta teaches Link how to use the bomb flower to defeat them by attacking the tail and then throwing the bomb into their mouth. She partners with Link and supplies him with bomb flowers to attack the reptilian beasts. Eventually, Link and Phaesta learn that the Dodongo have been burrowing throughout the mines causing them to become unstable. Instead of evacuating from this revelation, Phaesta urges that they move on to prevent them from burrowing any further. Link with Phaesta's help defeats the King Dodongo with the giant bomb flower, but are quickly separated when various lava plumes force the two apart. Phaesta yells to Link to not worry about her and that she'll get some extra tools to help get him to safety.

As Phaesta leaves to go get the tools, Link finds the entrance to the hidden chamber of the mines. As he approaches he sees a symbol appear on the surface of the door. He quickly turns hearing someone approach from behind. Instead of Phaesta, he is greeted once more by the masked puppeteer. He explains that another melody is needed to gain entrance into this corridor. He proceeds to tell another narrative about how a great eruption from Death Mountain destroyed most of the Goron Mines that once resided on the mountain and many Dodongo were once thought to have perished within the fires of the mountain. Once dormant, the Hylians continued where the Goron left off. While the Goron fled the mountainside after the devastation the mountain caused to its inhabitants. Some still chose to stay in hopes to rebuild, but many became nomadic finding other suitable habitats to populate. He finishes his story by teaching Link a song on the Royal Harp and disappears into the shadows with a warning that the mountain's slumber will soon end.

Link enters the chamber playing the "Bolero of Fire". Once inside, he feels great tremors coming from the floor of a very large chamber. Eventually, the tremors become so great that the floor breaks apart allowing lava to quickly fill the room. Suddenly, a giant wall of lava erupts into the chamber...

The Infernal Fire Wraith: Vulcanus
Vulcanus is a flame spirit with a flaming skull and a cloak made of magma created by the Sage of Fire to defend the temple's shard. Link must navigate on floating rocks in the chamber, but must not stay on them too long as they slowly sink into the lava causing damage. Vulcanus will try to attack Link by summoning great pillars of fire in his direction. Link must use the Clawshot to quickly get to the other side of the room. Link then must use either the Hero's Crossbow, Boomerang, or Clawshot to break apart the ceiling above Vulcanus' head. Once broken apart the water from the hot springs above will drench him causing his body to harden allowing Link to deal damage. After two attacks, Vulcanus will then cover the entire ceiling with his cloak causing fire balls to rain down upon Link. After two more strikes, Vulcanus will summon a blade and hurl flame wheels at Link and a giant wave of lava enveloping half of the room in his direction. After the final strike, the hardened Vulcanus will crumble into ash leaving a Heart Container and a Triforce shard.

^ liking what I'm seeing.

source: GI

Thank you. It's nice to hear feedback. I'm kinda just chugging along with these ideas and would like to hear some critiques.

Third boss:

The Yetora Tundra/The Water Temple: A frozen tundra that encapsulates most of western Hyrule. Due to a climate shift, the weather in this part is mostly colder than other parts of the Kingdom. Link travels there after the behest of Leebo to meet him at his ship in the Yetora Harbor. When Link visits, he discovers that Octoroks have infested the ship. After battling his way through the ship, Link will find Leebo's family, a group of Zora. Maia, Leebo's wife, tells Link that he went to Lake Hylia to trade some more goods to a Yeti colony, but a blizzard occurred and she's afraid he got lost. Before she could travel to get him help, a hoard of Octorok attacked their ship. She tells Link she cannot leave her children in fear more Octorok will attack them and pleads with him to find Leebo at Lake Hylia. Link agrees, but before he departs Maia gives him the Iron Boots to travel the icy parts of the tundra.

After traveling through the icy wasteland and battling Wolfos and Octoroks along the way, Link makes it to the Yeti colony. There he meets a Yeti named Yetoro the colony's elder. He tells Link that he has not seen Leebo since he delivered the supplies they purchased from him before the blizzard. He tells Link that he headed home pointing towards the lake. After a few moments, Yetoro realizes that Leebo's ship is in the north not the south and deduces that Leebo must have been confused due to the storm and headed to Lake Hylia instead of the harbor. Before Link goes to find him, Yetoro gives Link a special gem that is sacred to his colony. He gives Link the gem, but learns that it is in fact a fire elemental that will turn his arrows into fire arrows. He warns Link that the lake is mostly frozen over by a thick sheet of ice, but a few open gaps are still accessible to the frigid waters beneath.

Link travels to the Lake and meets the owner of the Ice Fishing Shop. He asks Link if he would like to try his hand at ice fishing, but Link declines and asks about Leebo. The owner remembers seeing a man matching his description heading towards a cave near the very top of the lake. He says the cave is filled with dangerous creatures and it is rumored to go so deep that one can reach to the bottom of the lake. Link travels to the cave in hopes to find the Zora, but before he leaves the owner gives Link a Fishing Rod believing it will come in handy down the road.

Once Link arrives at the cave, he hears someone shouting for help. He shoots a fire arrow at a torch near a giant chasm and sees Leebo down below in a pool of water. Leebo calls to Link and says he stumbled down the hole after seeking refuge from the blizzard. He then says he hurt his fins and doesn't know how to get out. Link now must travel the cave using the Iron Boots and Fire Arrows to help Leebo. Once Link finds Leebo, a large tide of melted ice water swells into the pool sweeping Leebo deeper into the cave. This causes the pool bed to drain and reveal the entrance to the hidden chamber. Link tries to chase after Leebo, but rocks pile over the entrance trapping him inside. Link then tries to enter the hidden chamber. Suddenly, he hears someone asking him if he requires assistance. Link looks above to see the masked puppeteer atop of one of the rocks on the wall above the chamber. He tells Link that he hasn't learned from his past for another melody is needed to unlock the chamber. He tells Link another tale of the Triforce. He says the Triforce was originally divided into three parts in an attempt to keep The Dark One from claiming its power entirely. The three pieces represent one of the three Goddesses: Din, Farore, and Nayru. The three pieces were then dubbed the Triforce of Power, Courage, and Wisdom, respectively. The Triforce of Power was found by The Dark One while the Royal Family had the Triforce of Wisdom, and the Triforce of Courage was given to a great hero. He then teaches Link the melody on the Royal Harp and tells him if he wants to save his friend then defeating one's fears is the key while phasing through the wall in dark flames.

Link enters the chamber by playing the "Serenade of Water". Inside, he sees a lone mirror in the room. He walks closer to the mirror and sees the Triforce shard in its reflection. As he approaches, the room quakes and the mirror rises up...

The Accursed Frozen Oculus: Prisiam
Prisiam is a cursed ice mirror created by the Sage of Water to defend the temple's shard. Link must navigate the frozen floor using the Iron Boots as Prisiam clones itself into several other mirrors that he must find out which is the true mirror. He can achieve this by shooting a Fire Arrow at the mirror with the shard in its reflection. Once Link does this the mirror will crack, Prisiam will then start firing icicle needles at Link if he does not find the shard in time. After another blow, Prisiam will reflect three pieces and if Link guesses wrong, giant icicles will rise up from the entire floor injuring him. After another blow is dealt, Prisiam will summon three shades of Link to battle him and while repeating its other attacks. After defeating the shades and firing one last arrow, Prisiam shatters leaving the Triforce shard and a Heart Container behind.

Link is then warped outside the cave and hears Leebo's voice from below in the lake. Link travels to one of the nearby waterbeds and finds Leebo in one of them. He must use the Fishing Rod to fish him out. Once saved, Leebo will thank Link and award him the Zora Fins for rescuing him.

When is the next actual Zelda game coming out? Is it in the works?

I don't really care for this arcade looking game coming out.

It's in the works. There is always a Zelda game in the works.

No release date yet, but hopefully 2015. Maybe Christmas 2015.

Expect gameplay by E3 2015.

From Lake Hylia To Skyloft, Hyrule Warriors Shows Its Mix Of Stages. July 30, 2014 . 5:31pm

Hyrule Warriors has all kinds of different stages based on settings you might be familiar with.

Hyrule Warriors has a bunch of playable characters and weapons from The Legend of Zelda series, but it also has all kinds of different stages based on settings you might be familiar with. The game’s official website shows us a look at some of the latest stages.
Death Mountain (from various titles in the series)​

secod to last

Eldin Volcano (from Skyward Sword)​

Lake Hylia (from various titles in the series)​

Land of Twilight (from Twilight Princess)​

Last edited:
and done
Skyloft (from Skyward Sword)​

Hyrule Warriors is slated for release on August 14, 2014 in Japan, September 19 in Europe and September 26 in North America for Wii U. If you want to read more about the game, check out Spencer’s recent hands-on impressions of the game here.

Read more stories about Hyrule Warriors & Wii U on Siliconera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"