Official Daft Punk Thread

@ 3:00 - 3:30

I don't know how anyone wouldn't just start dancing.

I like that song even more than Get Lucky. I think it could be the next hit single, especially since a lot of the songs on the album do not lend themselves to being singles.

I finally listen to the album, and I've just finished it and my god, it's ****ing great. The long years waiting was worth it. I went in without even hearing a snippet to any songs and it's an instant love after the first listen. The lively mood that's implemented in the album is astounding, I get goosebumps by every single minute. Some of my favorite tracks that stood out in my first listen (if I have to choose) are "Giorgio by Moroder", "Instant Crush" (biased since I'm a Strokes fan) and "Lose Yourself to Dance" but that's just a preliminary judgement since you can never be sure until you go through the album more times, and I don't mind since I'm in for a joy. Thank you, you fantastic robots for delivering once again. :bow:

I feel like RAM meanders way too much in spots, but other than that it's very good.

Anyone wanna get on the Daft Trrraaaaaainnnn?

@3:00 ...dat sync.

Last edited:
I saw that earlier this week. It's downright perfect.

I'm really trying my best to get around "Doin' It Right" but I can't, it's easily the weakest track for me.

I'm really trying my best to get around "Doin' It Right" but I can't, it's easily the weakest track for me.

What's so weak about it?

There are only a few "dance" tracks on this album. The rest are existential meanderings about life and love, some being orchestral in design and featuring complicated riffs and melodies. "Doin' It Right" stands out as one of the most simple and effective tracks, for me.

The song's lyrics mirror exactly what it is like to spend a night (and possibly morning) at a club as you "lose yourself to dance".

If you do it right
Let it go all night
Shadows on you break
Out into the light

If you lose your way tonight
That's how you know the magic's right
That's how you know the magic's right

--
Doin' it right
Everybody will be dancing
And we'll be feeling it right
And be doin' it right
When we're feeling all right
Everybody will be dancing tonight
--

It also stands out because it's the only track to have a borderline hip-hop beat, once again demonstrating the wide range of influences and musical interests that Daft Punk has. I've seen them incorporate hip-hop into their live sets and it's awesome. I also think this is one of two songs that actually uses an electronic drum machine. Most of the songs use live instruments. If there's one thing you can say about RAM, it's that it is not a cohesive sound. Technically and symphonically, it's all over the place, which is exactly how they wanted it and exactly why I love it. Something for everyone.

[YT]3MbJwPsBI_8[/YT]

i watched that soul train sync for like an hour the other day. Dat Four on the Floor.

Last edited:
"doin it right" made me think of that brian wilson rap track.

[YT]Sz0SnpN_O00[/YT]

The beat is definitely catchy, but I think Lennox's vocals, the way his lyrics blends with the beat feels somewhat jarring, like there's this contrast to it that doesn't make it really fit together with the rest of the song, if that makes any sense, but that's the point. It's both DP's & Lennox's (of AC) styles in the same song, there's no compromising on either side. Not that I hate it, perhaps it's a grower song, I'm definitely interested a good remixed version of it. I agree on that the album's sound, the part of Giorgio's monologue when he talks about "freeing your mind about concept of harmony and music being correct..." really sums up easily what Daft Punk was achieving for this album.

Last edited:
Wigl0eS.jpg

love the record. "touch" is my favorite track on the album. it' s kind of an odd record though. almost as if it's an american roadtrip retrofuturist mixtape from the future.

I love dancible songs but why do the lyrics always have to be about dancing?

RAM is probably one of my favorite albums this year. Great stuff.

Daft Punk shooting either a commercial or a music video in New York.

yAjzX3n.jpg

WpkY3fM.jpg

VBHSl97.jpg

Never listened to Daft Punk before buying Random Access Memories; really like the sound. :up:

The remix is passable but I wonder how much better it would be if they brought in other groups to do it like M83, The Crystal Method, Kaskade, and The Glitch Mob, because that remix album for Tron Legacy was simply amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"