• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past Official Rate and Review DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Part 1

Luckily for me I have never read fantastic four comics so I will only judge based on what I see on the screen

I don't know how lucky I'd consider not reading a FF comic :cwink: Some of the most fun and imaginative stories ever written imo.

As much as I am cynical towards the new film, I still want to be proven wrong about it. The optics are just horrible.

I don't know how lucky I'd consider not reading a FF comic :cwink: Some of the most fun and imaginative stories ever written imo.

As much as I am cynical towards the new film, I still want to be proven wrong about it. The optics are just horrible.

my fav FF comic is when these guys replaced them

2700186-artadamsnewfantasticfour.jpg

Under this user name, maybe.

If you're implying I used to post here under a different username, you are wrong. I dont like Singer's X-Men films not because they aren't direct adaptations of the comics, I don't like them because they deviate too far from the core of what the X-Men are and their characterizations.

I'm glad people like them. People don't like MCU movies or the idea of Batfleck, but I do. I don't insinuate someone who posts criticisms of those things as some former troll or the like.

I watched this for the third time tonight, though first time home viewing. As much of a spectacle this was, I enjoyed it better without an audience. It's the most personal of all the X-movies. Young and old Xaviers meeting ended up getting me pretty choked up this time.

I didn't really have any issues other than some lines of dialogue, which are all just nitpicks (such as Nixon having to ask who Erik was, despite the JFK assassination having been pinned on him.). Overall, kudos to everyone involved with this production.

Watched it at home for the first time (saw it twice in theaters). It's an awesome movie, and I'm very happy to have it in my collection of Marvel films.

Last edited:
Rewatching this and my biggest grip with the future sequences is that they made the Sentinels unbeatable. I still say that a group of X-Men or certain X-men should've been able to take them out. It wouldn't have taken away from the film since against a large group of Sentinels the team would still be screwed.

I didn't mind it, however I wish the original cast got more screentime! especially the first hour of the film!

It was just useless for them to waste time and energy to actually try and fight these things off if they had no affect on them whatsoever. Should've just kept on jumping back in time.

Even if they just kept on jumping back in time, it would be the same thing again and again... thats why the group tried to put an end to it by sending Wolverine (well it was supposed to be Professor X first) back in 1973. It all started when Mystique's DNA was gathered by Trask Industries.

^ I wonder why they added that detail about the DNA. In the previous versions of the story, the Sentinels have only been hard-to-defeat machines, not organic or DNA-based technology.

You know, I don't mind organic Sentinels that can adapt to any situation. What I found silly is that Mystique's DNA was the key. She is a shape-shifter. She can only take on the form of different materials, but not their properties. If any Mutant's blood would have been the key to developing unbeatable Sentinels, that can adapt to any situation, they should have taken Darwin's DNA. But of course they already killed him off in First Class.

You know, I don't mind organic Sentinels that can adapt to any situation. What I found silly is that Mystique's DNA was the key. She is a shape-shifter. She can only take on the form of different materials, but not their properties. If any Mutant's blood would have been the key to developing unbeatable Sentinels, that can adapt to any situation, they should have taken Darwin's DNA. But of course they already killed him off in First Class.

It was more to do with Mystique's DNA being able to adapt. In this case, her ability to adapt her cells and appearance into that of others appearance.

That was the first step in Trask industries quest. With a little tweaking they took her powers of adapting appearance, into being able to adapt to the various powers

It was more to do with Mystique's DNA being able to adapt. In this case, her ability to adapt her cells and appearance into that of others appearance.

That was the first step in Trask industries quest. With a little tweaking they took her powers of adapting appearance, into being able to adapt to the various powers

Exactly it was the first step in creating Sentinels that can adapt to any foe.

Hank even says in First Class that Mystique's DNA may hold the key to curing physical mutation...so obviously he didn't mean that he would use her DNA to have access to her powers of disguise. That wouldn't be a cure for either of them. But it was the "key".

We see this again in DOFP as that serum has evolved to mend Xavier's spine and suppress his power.

^ I wonder why they added that detail about the DNA. In the previous versions of the story, the Sentinels have only been hard-to-defeat machines, not organic or DNA-based technology.

The way I see it is the assassination story alone wasn't strong enough to be the cause of the dark future. We've already seen some pretty devastating events take place in the original trilogy. But the main example would be the death of senator Robert Kelley in X1. He was Mystique's target in the DOFP comic and he was killed in X1...why wouldn't this have been the catalyst to the dark future?

Obviously they wanted this to be a continuation of First Class and they wanted it to take place in the 70s. Making Mystique's actions the direct cause of the birth of the future sentinels made that event in the 70s more crucial.

Also the fact that Raven was an ally in First Class and someone important to Xavier and Erik meant that Wolverine's mission couldn't just be to go back and kill her before she got to Trask. Obviously these relationships were the cause of most of the drama in the film.

You know what, Rogue's DNA could also have been a factor to the Sentinels' ability to adapt to any mutant powers... well wasn't she was a labrat in the original cut, right?

You know what, Rogue's DNA could also have been a factor to the Sentinels' ability to adapt to any mutant powers... well wasn't she was a labrat in the original cut, right?

Yea I imagine that was the original intention but it was cut from the theatrical release. So we have to go with the plot that the film provided.

Also Rogue's DNA being used doesn't make anymore sense than Mystique's because the Sentinels were able to adapt without making physical contact.

I think maybe with the use of Rogue's DNA and the DNA from other mutants such as Mystique, Trask Industries were able to provide the Sentinels the ability to mimic mutant powers without making physical contact. I think once a Sentinels examined the mutant's ability, their system automatically programmed them on which powers should they use against the mutant.

That would have made more sense. Mystique's DNA would have allowed them to shapeshift, and Rogue's DNA would have allowed them to adapt.

I think if Rogue's scenes werent cut, I think some viewers would see it that way. No need for Xavier to name drop her at the beginning.

Been re-watching this on BD, such a good movie and I am so glad Singer is back directing X-Men movies, never thought I would see the day. Cant wait for the Rogue cut, hope they have some more future action scenes to throw in as well.

Yeah I've been watching the film A LOT!

And I can't wait for the Rogue Cut!

Today,I saw the movie for the first time .
Wow.
I have not done this for as long as I can remember
But, here goes,
10/10.
Well Deserved.
Truly, one for the ages.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the love for this film. I won't weight you guys down or hang here but it just impressed me far less than any of the other X-Men films.

Some of the action was decent but with characters mainly no one had any reason to care about. The story was convoluted and the resolution made no sense to me. Mutant hysteria should have been worse not better but at least the Sentinels were discredited I guess. Not the worse CBM I've seen but one of the only two x-films I won't be bothering to get on Blu-Ray.

I just don't understand the love for this film. I won't weight you guys down or hang here but it just impressed me far less than any of the other X-Men films.

Some of the action was decent but with characters mainly no one had any reason to care about. The story was convoluted and the resolution made no sense to me. Mutant hysteria should have been worse not better but at least the Sentinels were discredited I guess. Not the worse CBM I've seen but one of the only two x-films I won't be bothering to get on Blu-Ray.

I know how you feel, I wanted to like this movie so much. But it really was the Mystique/Xavier/Erik story; I got the impression the DoFP storyline was just an excuse for Singer to make a sequel to First Class featuring his favourite characters. The original X Men were like guests in their own movie.

Never mind.:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"