Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian Bunker Timeline -> Sentinels absorb X-Men powers -> Rogue was experimented on, maybe dead now.

Chinese Temple Timeline -> Sentinels don't absorb X-Men powers, only those of previous test subjects -> Rogue was rescued by the X-Men to replace Shadowcat. However, Rogue was cut from the film after filming all this.

Anyway.... I was wondering if there was a novel version of DOFP. When X2 came out, I remember having the novel version of the film. I really enjoyed it because, in addition to having the same great storyline, it offered extra detail/background on each character/event.

Indeed. The x2 novel went into great detail over what was happening to the mutants during the dark cerebro scene, that were brilliant

Was the real 3-mile island accident included a destroyed nuclear power plant that collapsed from the ground?

(Its not like a sub lifted out of the air during the real cuban missile crisis or a mutant shot and killed kennedy either...)

In my opinion, Origins took place after the 3-mile island accident and that site was used by Stryker as a place for his secret experiments.

Not sure, but imo thats an incredibly minute detail that you know movies always imbelish on. Besides, only one tower fell, there were more.

Clothing styles and what not depicted much more late 70s/early 80s than late 80s. Nothing looked late 80s in that film. The Springfield Ohio fair scene all had clothing trends older than mid-late 80s

Last edited:
I honestly dont care how bryan singer is explaining it.. its not logical based on what we know about these movies and what we know about rogue getting experimented upon. They wanted to focus on mystique so they forced an explanation.

As for "rewatching the movie" I mean seriously... rewatch it. Every sentinel physically touches a mutant while they're using their abilities in order to gain said ability.

The bio side from the science of the xmen is just a suggestion, and a logical one considering their dna makes the abilities... not magic

They dont dont touch iceman or sunspot physically unless you consider being shot by their attacks touching...which its not.

Sentinel has to ice up to get close enough to grab sunspot. Sentinel has to heat up to break free from icemans attack. The sentinels only had to experience the attack to have what they needed.

They dont dont touch iceman or sunspot physically unless you consider being shot by their attacks touching...which its not.

Sentinel has to ice up to get close enough to grab sunspot. Sentinel has to heat up to break free from icemans attack. The sentinels only had to experience the attack to have what they needed.

... the sentinel fighting iceman absorbed his ability and transfered it to the one fighting sunspot, and vice versa.... you only see those powers being used after theyve touched or been struck by an ability. Look at colossus... diamond is stronger than steel. But the sentinel used colossus' s same make up after touching him

OMG no other blockbuster made the cut. That's a huge accomplishment!

Weird list

Agreed.

Not even a mention of Whiplash, Nightcrawler or Birdman :huh:

i gotta agree... that and the fact Gone Girl didn't make the list (which is right up vanity fair's alley) has me a bit puzzled...

I don't think this is as big of a "award" so to speak as some of you seem to be grasping at unfortunately.

i gotta agree... that and the fact Gone Girl didn't make the list (which is right up vanity fair's alley) has me a bit puzzled...

I don't think this is as big of a "award" so to speak as some of you seem to be grasping at unfortunately.

LOL people are not grasping at anything. It made a top 10 of a high-profile magazine.

If people are happy about that then let them.

Yeah, at least he mentioned Gone Girl at the bottom. Dude didn't like Grand Budapest either :argh:

I always love year end top 10 lists when everyone is all "Where is THIS film on THAT list?!?!?" Urm, not on the list...

Last edited:
For the most part I agree with the majority of Critic top 10's and the SHH member lists this year. :up: With minor differences.

But definitely disagree with this guy not giving at least a mention of Whiplash, Dune, Nightcrawler, Grand Budapest or Birdman. Whatever though. Can't agree with everyone.

Last edited:
and that's typically just it.. just one (or in some cases, a few peoples) opinions on there personal favorites. ultimately it's just opinions and not some sort of definitive proof that one movie is better than others.

No one ever said that though so I don't know why you are coming across so abrasive.

No one ever said that though so I don't know why you are coming across so abrasive.

maybe i'm quick to judge. but ive been on these boards a hell of a long time.. when some people are given an inch, they really like to take it. and the tone of some on here... felt very much that. It's a congrats to the movie all right, but for me... any list that is going to include DOFP and not Winter Soldier kinda falls flat for me... both were tied in my book... and in some cases WS was a hair better imo... So for me.. (and i typically feel this way in general aside from the academy of motion pictures) I feel like all the other top ten lists really don't matter, and are ultimately nothing to get excited about unless they're across the board... leading into awards season.

and that's typically just it.. just one (or in some cases, a few peoples) opinions on there personal favorites. ultimately it's just opinions and not some sort of definitive proof that one movie is better than others.

Agreed.

DOFP has also been nominated at the SAG awards:

SAG AWARDS® HONORS FOR STUNT ENSEMBLES

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture

Fury (Columbia Pictures)
Get On Up (Universal Pictures)
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Unbroken (Universal Pictures)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (20th Century Fox)

Vote For Your Best Movies Of 2014 on MTV.com

You can upvote or downvote 25 of the year’s best movies.

Right now Maze Runner is No. 1 with 12K votes.

Followed by Hunger Games, Fault of our Stars and Divergent. :o

X-men DOFP is at No. 5 with 2.9K votes, followed by Guardians and Capt.

Some of people's faves like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes are at -2.9K (that's negative 2.9 thousand...). Godzilla is at -4.5K.

The teenage girls are running MTV...LOL

Finished watching this on blu ray not too long ago. Still a damn great movie. :up:

Hugh Jackman really does give a great performance alongside James McAvoy. Everyone else is fantastic but I would give Jackman and McAvoy the standout performances.

so apparently 90% of Matthew vaughns script was used for DOFP

"I’d say 90%," the filmmaker told Collider while talking to them about Kingsman: The Secret Service. "I mean, we worked on the script [Simon] Kinsberg and I. It was a really tough decision for me, because I pulled out just because I’d finished the Kingsman: The Secret Service script at the same time and I was like “My god if I don’t make a fun spy movie right now, somebody else’s going to do it.” And I think there’s five coming out next year now. So we’re going to be the first of it not the last." That explains that, but how many tweaks did Singer make?

"Bryan [Singer] did a few things, which I thought were genius that weren’t in my script," he revealed. "I had Juggernaut breaking into the Pentagon, he changed it to Quicksilver and did that [frick]ing brilliantly, I have to add. My idea was the sentinels at the end, I wanted them to look like Mystique. I thought there should be thousands of mystiques attacking them in the future. He changed a few more of the mutants, but it was pretty close. Yeah, it was pretty close."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"