Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its the makeup issue with JLaw more than anything. To be fair to her at least she put in a performance on DOFP no matter if she loves it or not. Apocalypse will be her last though, I dont see her doing any Mystique solo films or anything like that.

I have always called BS on those Mystique spin off talk.

Jennifer Lawrence was working on the hunger games when everyone else was promoting the film. Don't think any of the other cast were working anything else at that moment.

Actually, it was because she was allergic to the paint in FC. There seem to be quite a few psychics on this boards, since they seem to know what's going on in Jennifer's head.

She knew what she was getting into when she audiced for mystique In first place.

You would have to be blind not to see a bit of unexcitement for franchise on her part.
Now if come 2016 she goes all out to promate APocalypse then some of us were wrong.
But,i saw cast act more excited for last stand than I seen Jennifer act for X-Men.

I have always called BS on those Mystique spin off talk.
Whenever I see a post like this...I wonder if the writer is sitting at home expecting applause to spontaneously break out across the cosmos.

Actually, it was because she was allergic to the paint in FC. There seem to be quite a few psychics on this boards, since they seem to know what's going on in Jennifer's head.
Welcome to the internet...home of the Psychic Network........

Just calling it how it looks and sounds from interviews and such, might be wrong and we might get a JLaw Mystique trilogy announced tomorrow but from the "limited" knowledge I have of women I know when they're not happy even when they say they are, believe me you dont need to be psychic to learn that lesson the hard way:cwink::woot:

Or maybe she's exhausted from working too much xD you never know

how can anyone fault jennifer? kinberg has said he knows she loves the character of mystique and in general when you look at how much she put into the character in DOFP its really impressive

she is one of the biggest actresses in hollywood right now, unlike alot of actors who are great but end up appearing in flops or badly received films she has several recent well received movies under her belt including DOFP so yeah i can only imagine she is a busy girl

I dont think anyones faulting her, just some dont believe she will do more films after Apocalypse, might be wrong, might be right but either way its not a slight on our Jen.:woot:

500 millions of dollars worldwide! VICTORY. A serious superhero drama movie. Enough with silly kids superhero comedies like Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 2 or Amazing Spider-Man 2. :BA

I liked Raimi's SM2 though. And IM3 a little too. It's good that some films are more light or adventurous. Some movies actually suffer from trying to be too damn dark or serious. Won't name them though, don't want to start a war.

I clearly didn't like that film from the house of mouse.

As for spider-man 2 and ASM2 lighter works for spider-man.Spider-man 2 Is good movie.there are good things about ASM2 just not about any of the villains.
And i still like ASM2 better than last stand or origins.ASM2 is batman forever of Spider-man films.I just hope 3 marc webb doesn't make the batman & Robin of
Spider-man movies.

After DOFP noone will be saying Bryan Singer can't direct a good movie anymore.

500 millions of dollars worldwide! VICTORY. A serious superhero drama movie. Enough with silly kids superhero comedies like Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 2 or Amazing Spider-Man 2. :BA
Yes. What a victory for The Winter Soldier.

X-men has followed as well.

tumblr_m9ge2rUXFk1qagu6wo1_500.gif

You said Spider-Man twice...

Do you mean Webb and Raimi's films? If so I wouldn't say Raimi's was a silly kids superhero comedy like how Webbs was.

Even so, Spider-Man films are suppose to be like comedies because Spidey is funny. He's not a serious superhero.

He said both Spider-Man 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I wouldn't mind if Lawrence doesn't return. Honestly, I like her as an actress, she's phenomenal, but the character of Mystique is pretty played out I think. I don't want to say there's nowhere else for the character to go, because in the comics there's TONS of stories for Mystique, but there's nowhere I care to see the character go on film.

There are so many mutants, and I'm really surprised Mystique has now been a major, major character in two X-Men films. Especially when characters like Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Rogue, and Iceman get so little storytime, I'd rather them be given meatier stories now.

I really wish they would set Apocalypse in the future. For one, they're in danger of boxing themselves in with the ending of DOFP, which will lead to more continuity errors in the future. We know all of those X-Men will be alive in 2023, which takes the urgency out of any stories that take place between 1973 and then.

I wouldn't mind if Lawrence doesn't return. Honestly, I like her as an actress, she's phenomenal, but the character of Mystique is pretty played out I think. I don't want to say there's nowhere else for the character to go, because in the comics there's TONS of stories for Mystique, but there's nowhere I care to see the character go on film.

There are so many mutants, and I'm really surprised Mystique has now been a major, major character in two X-Men films. Especially when characters like Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Rogue, and Iceman get so little storytime, I'd rather them be given meatier stories now.

I really wish they would set Apocalypse in the future. For one, they're in danger of boxing themselves in with the ending of DOFP, which will lead to more continuity errors in the future. We know all of those X-Men will be alive in 2023, which takes the urgency out of any stories that take place between 1973 and then.

There was no urgency anyway because we knew what characters were alive and dead at the end of X3.. :huh: This makes no sense.

This idea that "characters COULD die" is needed to provide urgency is silly. It's the reason X3 is so ridiculous. "If we kill these characters it RAISES THE STAKES!!!"

Look how many people have died in the MCU since the beginning of the franchise. And 99% of them have miraculously come back to life. I know that Disney/Marvel has no desire to kill any character. Doesn't make the films less interesting or exciting? No. Same with the comics, basically.

Last edited:
Whenever I see a post like this...I wonder if the writer is sitting at home expecting applause to spontaneously break out across the cosmos.

Oh come on. You know they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

Doesn't Apocalypse sort of exist outside of time anyway? Hasn't he time traveled quite a bit? If that's the case he could technically pop up whenever and start ****.

Doesn't Apocalypse sort of exist outside of time anyway? Hasn't he time traveled quite a bit? If that's the case he could technically pop up whenever and start ****.

No.Your thinking of X-Men animated show.

Apocalypse goes into suspended animation for long peroids.

Cable's arrival in 20th century ended ironicly awaking Apocalypse In 20th century.

In comic Age of apocalypse setup legion,xavier's son,time traveling ot past to kill Magneto ended up leading to Apocalypse acting much sooner.

The world becoming aware of mutants much earlier In DOFP and magneto's attack on white house will likely play a role In APocalypse's actions In 1980's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"