Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 48

I mean I would have loved to have seen Wolverine fight the future Sentinels. A death scene like the comics would have been perfect. I do however understand why they chose not to go that route. Despite the opening battle not having the "A Listers", it's still one of my favorite parts of the film.

Again I think they wanted to avoid having Wolverine, Xavier, or Magneto die. One of the reasons I loved the comic was for the fact that our heroes died giving it their all. From the reactions from some viewers that "Colossus got punked" or "Sunspot was weak", I feel like more popular characters getting smashed would not have been well received.

Also escape should be impossible. That's why Kitty's group had to bite the bullet and resurrect themselves via time travel. And it was not all unknowns in the intro. We knew Bobby and Kitty. Colossus possibly familiar as well.

I would have liked to have seen a little more from the final battle.

Magneto and Storm got taken out right after using the X-Jet as a weapon. I mean couldn't have Magneto done his part behind some kind of barricade? He left the battle because he was injured by shrapnel. Storm had limited time apparently but couldn't they have filmed 1 scene where she shoots some lighting at a Sentinel? Then we have Iceman held up in the temple. We know the real reason he's there is because his death was supposed to happen earlier in the film but it still seems odd the way it was handled. It still seems like they could have filmed him outside facing off against CGI villains.

Nice ideas, but I can understand why they left Iceman inside the temple as a last defense. Prof X wouldn't have the smallest of chance delaying the Sentinels reaching Kitty and Wolverine.

It would have been cool to have Storm surviving the battle a little bit longer, but she did attack the Sentinels in probably the best strategical way she could (considering the circumstances) in my opinion.

I also hoped she would unleash one final Storm after she gets stabbed, taking down some of the Sentinels with her but that would've been too dramatic I think.

I wonder what difference would it make if Halle Berry didn't get pregnant and Anna Paquin wasn't filming True Blood.

Simon Kinberg has yet to reveal how bigger their role would be if they had more time for filming.

Well... Rogue was cut regardless.. so theatrically speaking... probably not much.. I couldn't imagine they'd be able to fit much else of Storm period.. and Rogue's entire plot got cut

Well... Rogue was cut regardless.. so theatrically speaking... probably not much.. I couldn't imagine they'd be able to fit much else of Storm period.. and Rogue's entire plot got cut

You never know though perhaps she would have been with the main cast the whole time with her super strength and flight and her storyline would not have needed to be cut.

You never know though perhaps she would have been with the main cast the whole time with her super strength and flight and her storyline would not have needed to be cut.

i seriously doubt it.. it sounds like it would have been roughly the same amount of time filming for both concepts... they wouldn't of re-written the script for her either... especially when the OT casts stories really didn't effect much of the film. it'd be as spock would say "illogical"

I was rummaging through the web in search of my favorite scene from DOFP and found the coolest gif ever...

1vu7gbv.gif

Yeah I love that one. Ironically it sums up me and Spideyboy's relationship rather well looking back on our previous posts. :o

Huh... there's 8 people viewing the Xmen DOFP thread, 5 viewing the original trilogy and 2 viewing Apocalypse : (
I'm thinking it's the original cast.

there's 109 in Spiderman Homecoming, which Marvel recently bought back from Sony. I'm torn here. I'd love to see the original X-cast back, but I think Marvel could do wonders with this stuff as well.

BTW, the X-Men are getting pretty good promo in a video game, Marvel's Contest of Champions. Gambit and Rogue are in it! And yes, Rogue does fly and punch!

Last edited:
Huh... there's 8 people viewing the Xmen DOFP thread, 5 viewing the original trilogy and 2 viewing Apocalypse : (

Nah. If I've learned one thing from this forum, it's that everyone is done with the OT cast and they have no bearing on a film's success or failure.

In all seriousness though, X-Men just isn't drawing the numbers that so many other sections here are. The Apocalypse board was dead compared to this section in its prime.

Last edited:

Not really you can't judge that on anything, wanna see my result for that?

result_zpsvovdipqs.png

8 for X-Men apocalypse, 2 for DOFP, 4 for Original trilogy, it changes all the time.

there's 109 in Spiderman Homecoming

Yeah but that film is filming at the moment so there would be more hype there

Last edited:
^ But Apocalypse died down on the week of its release. Other films tend to boost up, especially if it leaves you excited about where the series is headed. Fox isn't very clear on where X-Men is headed and that seems to have disenchanted a few people.

Anywho, Forbes seems to think they need the original cast as well http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...ypse-is-a-534-million-conundrum/#2cae799b5d26

I think they should try to get some of them back. We still need to see a good Rogue. Plus, how cool would it be if they could work with Marvel to get X-Men vs. Avengers, feat. Wolverine (Jackman), Kitty (Page), etc. ? People would pay to see Downy Jr. vs. Jackman!

Last edited:
The numbers don't lie. The films that just featured the First Class cast just don't generate much interest compare to the films that featured the original cast.

would box office be better if they did bring back original cast? of course.no
doudt anymore return of original cast not just hugh jackman helped make
DOFP a success.But problem is fox's disintrest In doing so.original cast
returned in DOFP to try and create intrest In FC cast with GA and it clearly
didn't work with once apocalypse came without any OT cast save for jackman cameo.and Jackman saying he is done makes possibilty even smaller.

on avengers/X-Men big probelem would be who would be seen as bad guys in it.Can Feige work with Kinberg and Donner ons cheduling it.and it would have to be a one time only universe crossing or dimension in crisis film.

It is pretty clear, that something wrong is going on with Fox. First hiring Simon Kinberg and now forcing the X-Men to stay in the past setting while the other X-films are thriving in the present-day setting. Though I think this is just their way, of avoiding of giving the OT cast a higher salary pay even if they know, the OT cast is the more marketable/more tested cast when it comes to X-Men team films.

Anyone know the song that plays when the credits start to roll. Saw the movie today and the song is stuck in my head

would it be the hope song?

end titles:
[YT]MKbhOxEHB10[/YT]

hope:
[YT]MH4uuWITmgY[/YT]

Oh! Nearly forgot, saw Dr. Strange today and loved it! All the portals and playing with dimensions and time really reminded me of DOFP, especially Blink's cool use of the portals (that one scene with Colossus is well-crafted!), the QS slow-mo scene and the time travel! Can't wait to see more of that.

Hi everyone!
I am a new member here.
I just have a quick question; which movie does Quicksilver handcuff two cops together in an awkward position?!

I know this is an old thread, but whatever. I’m rewatching the film.

I’d really like to see a comic, animated movie etc to show what happened in between X3 and the future in DOFP. What is everyone’s theories? What happened to some of the other team members etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"