Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting pretty excited for this film, seems like it will fully restore the X franchise to its former glory, fc and the w were steps in the right direction after origins, but this seems like the real deal.

Getting pretty excited for this film, seems like it will fully restore the X franchise to its former glory, fc and the w were steps in the right direction after origins, but this seems like the real deal.
This should put us back to at least where we would have been had X3 been a big hit with great prospects for X4. We got there in the end even if it was a painful process.

This should put us back to at least where we would have been had X3 been a big hit with great prospects for X4. We got there in the end even if it was a painful process.

It was very painful. In fact, I haven't been able to walk straight since I left that theater in 2006. :csad:

So many bad memories...

ratner-Xmas-card.jpg

:hehe:

As that the ass bag Ratner in the middle between Ashmore and Jackman?

And why does he look like Jonah Hill?

Wow even halle's belt buckle is **** there.

Ratner's job on that movie was to point and shoot. It wasn't his fault.

It's part his part rothman's fault, do you know rothman made rogue take the cure because his daughter said she thought rogue should take the cure?

Interview with producers
http://www.superherohype.com/featur...producers-on-the-future-of-the-x-men#/slide/1

Although the time travel of DOFP may make the exsiastance of trilogy now questionable they talk about In Apocalypse moving more to status quo of trilogy

Xavier starting school
Magneto and Mystique
Being realigned together after events of DOFP
Beast moving closer to version Kelsey Grammer played
In last stand and In new 2023 ending of DOFP

They reenfirm plans for apocalypse to be In 1980's and plans for young Cyclops,jean,and storm

I know that Bryan Singer originally wanted Nightcrawler in DOFP for the future scenes, but obviously we know the story with Alan Cumming about not enjoying the experience with the makeup etc so he was out the film, so the filmmakers replaced him with another teleporter instead, Blink (a great choice).

Do you think Blink will be in Apocalypse as well as Bishop because both of those characters were prominent in the Age of Apocalypse storyline, maybe as younger characters or from the future? Or do you think they are leaving time travel out completely in X-Men: Apocalypse?

Interview with Claremont on his early opinon. Don't know if it was posted. Not much but, it's Claremont.
http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/1...men-days-of-future-past-and-spider-man-films/
“They got it right. At least in the title. They got big robots in it. It’s very 70′s. I don’t know what the TARDIS is doing in the White House, but that’s a totally different story. My basic feeling is that is probably the richest, most talented, most ‘box-office-holy-cow-cast’ I have ever seen. You can take any two members of that cast and build an award-winning successful movie. And they have! I think it’s way cool and we’ll know in a week.”
[When a panel attendee asks if he has seen it, he says he hasn't, and then the panel attendee asks Claremont if he was asked anything about it.] “No. It’s Fox. What’s the point? The producer asked me if I would fly out to L.A. and participate in press conference with the actors. I said, ‘Hell Yes!’ She pitched it to the Fox high ups and they said ‘Oh no. We just need the actors. The original writer of the source material is not a smart move.’ I hate to say it, but my softest response is my only response: It’s not my 120 million bucks. It’s Fox’s and they get to call the shots. Yes I would love to be a part of it, but by the same token Marvel isn’t screening it either. So take that for whatever you will.”
Those higher ups are still being a pain I guess. Cool of the Producers (I assume Donner) to invite him though :up:

Last edited:
Kinberg on Quicksilver
[YT]PETJo87Bdig[/YT]

In 36 hours I shall be settling down in the cinema to watch DOFP. Been waiting for this since 2006. EXCITEMENT OVERLOAD!

Glad to hear on Quicksilver. Not too worried about Scarlet Witch, always saw her more as an Avenger. And still 50something hours for me.

They reenfirm plans for apocalypse to be In 1980's and plans for young Cyclops,jean,and storm

Good. Hopefully late eighties.

X3 was a pretty big hit worldwide.

How are you guys seeing it tomorrow? I thought the UK was first?

X3 was a pretty big hit worldwide.
That was guaranteed from X2 goodwill alone and it didn't kick on after a huge open (only $20m more than X2 domestically and $50m worldwide). It didn't generate much new goodwill of its own for the future of the franchise. Spider-man 3 and The Phantom Menace were both big hits based on the work done by their predecessors but they reduced overall franchise momentum as the reception for them was more mixed than the previous films. Avengers 2 is guaranteed over a billion dollars even if it's the worst superhero film of all. So when you look at a film that's a big hit you have to apportion the credit and deem whether it was a big hit on its own terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"