Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 48

Some didn't want to give Singer credit for FC since that was his story.

People didn't want to give Singer credit for FC in an attempt to show that Vaughn did it all on his own and is better for X-Men than Singer.

Just like some didn't want to give Vaughn credit for the DoFP story so that they can blame Singer for everything they don't like about the film. It's endless.

In reality, both directors directed each others story.

Last edited:
Do I want to continue with someone who doesn't know what a fact is? Nope, I'm out.

Your ignoring fact and what your stating is beyond absurd. Vaughn's only involvement in the film was he co-wrote a story treatment with Kinberg. He didn't direct DOFP. He didn't produce DOFP. He never even set foot on the set. But in your mind, it's his baby. That's your definition of fact, right?

so apparently 90% of Matthew vaughns script was used for DOFP

Hmm interesting. Well, I guess I wouldn’t have cared for DoFP much even if Vaughn had directed it. And it wouldn’t have had the Quicksilver sequence which is one of the few things I loved in the movie.

Kinberg was hired during the time when Matthew Vaughn was expected to direct, that was back in 2012, right? So of course Kinberg had writing sessions with Matthew Vaughn and Kinberg even said that he approached Jane Goldman about the script. I think the script was mostly written by Kinberg, then Matthew, Jane and then Bryan later gave their ideas.

These awful costumes are totally Singer's.

X-Men+Days+of+Future+Past+1.jpg

Sigh. Because Singer designed those by himself right?

Those costumes aren't great but they aren't awful.

Singer approved and instructed those designs.

Black leather and bland stripes are suppose to be futuristic? Looks like cheap, awful designs to me.

They look fine in the movie, but yeah with a still image those costumes are terrible. Particularly Iceman's and Sunspot's

So, maybe or maybe not the place for this, but has anyone caught the new Night at the Museum movie yet? As X-Men fans, please go and see it

BECAUSE HUGH JACKMAN IS IN IT!!!

Holy cow, what a cameo! Sir Lancelot makes a break for Camelot, which turns out to be a play starring Hugh Jackman and Alice Eve. Back and forth ensues, which results in Lancelot attacking Hugh with a sword.

The response? "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry". He then goes full Wolverine, doing the old muscle man pose as if he had the claws, all scored to the X-Men DOFP music!! Alice Eve then deadpans "Yeah that's his Wolverine thing, it's more impressive with the claws and without your shirt on".

Oh and Lancelot calls him Huge Ackman. Made a very average film a winner

People didn't want to give Singer credit for FC in an attempt to show that Vaughn did it all on his own and is better for X-Men than Singer.

Just like some didn't want to give Vaughn credit for the DoFP story so that they can blame Singer for everything they don't like about the film. It's endless.

In reality, both directors directed each others story.

The funny thing is the people who are coming out of the wood work saying DOFP is Vaughn's baby and he should get most of the accolades for supposedly writing 90% of it when Singer, for all intents and purposes, did the same thing for FC but these same people don't give Singer his due for that.

For my part, I hated FC. DOFP didn't quite impress me as much as I thought it would so I'm looking forward to X-men: Apocalypse, an X-men film without Vaughn's involvement. I wish the two X2 writers were writing it without Kinberg's involvement though.

Black leather and bland stripes are suppose to be futuristic? Looks like cheap, awful designs to me.

And what would you prefer colorful bright spandex costumes? The color scheme is perfect for the environment they were in and the costumes didnt need to look stylish, they look a bit messy and rugged which was fine because of their environment.

For the most part, it really aint about either dark or bright. It's about actually creating good costumes that audiences think look cool or make sense for battle.

If they looked good, it would have barely mattered if they were wearing a brighter color. The costumes for the characters in that pic do not look practical or that cool for fighting impossible to battle robots. Those guys are basically wearing reflectors with yellow and silver stripes to start with. They also need to wear some sleeves and armor.

Overall they looked very prepped and clean, yet not battle ready. At least Wolverines looked like it had some sort of protection. Even though he was the least who needed it. Might have been a good idea to give the girl responsible for saving the world and keeping Logan at bay some sort of protection as well.

At least Blink looked rad.

Last edited:
Might have been a good idea to give the girl responsible for saving the world and keeping Logan at bay some sort of protection as well.

They did. They gave her 7 extra bodies. If the X-Men can't stop the sentinels, shoulder pads aren't going to help.

Dystopian future, yea. The Mad Max movies were pretty much leather suits patched together from whatever they could salvage.

I quite liked the costumes... They looked battle worn, but not comic booky

They did. They gave her 7 extra bodies. If the X-Men can't stop the sentinels, shoulder pads aren't going to help.

Didn't she get some snikt action by Wolverine? Or am I trippin?

And given that Wolverine's claws are historically laced with adamantium, what armor is going to stop them?

Sorry I just don't get this debate. If your in a future where falling debris, gun fire/lasers, impalement plus a slew of other dangers are present there should be some sort of protection. Especially with those not with healing power. Again, they gave the most battle ready out fit to a dude with healing power. If your gonna put bright reflective colors on an outfit that defeats the purpose for camouflage as well.

While I understand this is a comic film and there are ridiculous things present in all Fantasy/sci fi films, the argument that they don't need armor because it's pointless and they will just lose anyways seems very lazy. Armor can very well protect them against a slew of dangers and allow them to survive longer. With someone like Kitty, she should have had more protection due to her importance.

It was a style choice anyways, not something that was really helping them. I think they could have very well came up with something better visually. They look a bit like cheap cosplay with the exception of Blink, Mags, Xavier and Logan.

Last edited:
I thought the costumes were just fine...

tumblr_inline_n9qwyxT26p1sxnwmm.gif

I'm with Rike. I don't understand the retroactive hate for successful movies by fanboys and girls.

Sorry I just don't get this debate. If your in a future where falling debris, gun fire/lasers, impalement plus a slew of other dangers are present there should be some sort of protection. Especially with those not with healing power... Armor can very well protect them against a slew of dangers and allow them to survive longer. With someone like Kitty, she should have had more protection due to her importance.

I guess I would be more inclined to agree with you, if it didn't seem like the character you're getting hung up on is Kitty Pryde. Her mutation is her protection and affords her more safety than any body armor ever could. Moreover, when she's seemingly vulnerable, she's tucked away in a steel vault, or mountain, with an entire team of super powered people sacrificing themselves for her. While I understand they have to put her in something, I think it's also understandable why that something isn't body armor akin to that of a front line brawler, like Wolverine.

The funny thing is the people who are coming out of the wood work saying DOFP is Vaughn's baby and he should get most of the accolades for supposedly writing 90% of it when Singer, for all intents and purposes, did the same thing for FC but these same people don't give Singer his due for that.

For my part, I hated FC. DOFP didn't quite impress me as much as I thought it would so I'm looking forward to X-men: Apocalypse, an X-men film without Vaughn's involvement. I wish the two X2 writers were writing it without Kinberg's involvement though.

Come one we all know why that is

1:The studio wars
2:part of the Bryan Singer bashing
3:Those who think Matthew Vaughn is greatest and singer medicore

Let's remember Singer remained hands on producer on FC while Vaughn had no involvement beyond story on DOFP.

I still prefer X2 over DOFP and i have come to reconsider my ranking of FC over X-Men and revised it so X-Men comes before FC on my list of X_men and best comic book films

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"