The Avengers Other actors you'd like to see in the Avengers

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Apart from the main 6 Avengers, the actors who are carried over from previous Marvel movies and Cobie Smulders, we haven't heard much casting news.

Which other actors (either from film or TV) would you like to see playing supporting roles in the Avengers? They don't necessarily need to be big actors, but could be characters actors who would lend a certain weight to other smaller roles such as civilians, SHIELD agents, soldiers, army generals, reporters, villainous henchmen etc.

Harvey Keitel. I often wondered why of all the gret actors that were offered a part in a CBM, Keitel never was one of them.
Paul Giamatti. Like Keitel I can imagine him in any role.

Not sure what actors would like to see, but what I do want is for characters from the other MCU movies to make an apperance in the Avengers, either as a cameo or supporting role, characters such as Petter Potts, Betty Ross, Jarvis, Blonsky/Abomination, General Ross, Jane Foster,, I mean, not all of them but any of those, and of course, the same actors playing those roles.

Not in the Avengers but definalty in the MCU if there is ever place for the Swordmaster, maybe in a Hawkeye movie, Kyle McLachlan has to play him.

Its no secret that I wanna see this guy playing Thanos

sovkw4.jpg

Clancy Brown would steal the show.

I wanna see Jane Foster appear. I know she's not going to, but I want her to. :csad:

I wanted Portman to appear too, but, yeah, it does seem unlikely. Besides Portman, I want Gwyneth Paltrow to appear also (she did say she might appear), so fingers crossed.

In this film I'd like a small and hilarious cameo for Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper) at the beginning before Tony goes off and maybe at the end if Tony convinces them to go private. I also hope Natalie Portman (Jane) can show up for a brief cameo at the end of Thor going to visit her. Albeit, she just had a baby and I'm not sure if she even wants to do one day of work right now.

Assuming that Whedon directs the sequel, I would LOVE to see this man be Hank Pym.

nathan-fillion-castle.jpg

500full.jpg

tumblr_leb888vnkC1qg01g7o1_500.png

Nathan Fillion's so awesome, he'd make me overlook how much I actually hate Pym as a character.

I could say Sarah Michelle Gellar for Janet, but that'd be pushing it and I actually think they could get a better match for the role. But if Whedon does the sequel, Nathan Fillion must be on the team.

Last edited:
Well I tend to dislike the character of Pym to begin with, however Fillion is a very versatile actor. He can do drama or comedy at the drop of a hat and could more than yuck it up with Downey or be deadly serious and do Pym's very dark and nasty side well. He'd just be a fun addition.

People need to get over Pym's one hit of his wife already. He's not that dark of a character. :o

People need to get over Pym's one hit of his wife already. He's not that dark of a character. :o
Yeah seriously, no one called Peter a wife beater after SM3. Doesn't add up.

i wanna see nathan fillion as anything. how about that. he needs to be in the MCU.

I'm with DAcrowe. Nathan Fillion for Hank Pym all the way. And Kristen Bell for Wasp.

Might as well put the entire cast of Firefly in the MCU, I'm sure there's a character for all nine of them.

This :up:

I don't know what comics people are reading that people say Pyms dark and nasty (probably Ultimate) but 616 Pym slapped Janet once after he had been kidnapped, brainwashed, tricked into marriage, had a mental breakdown and his first wife Maria murdered which doesn't excuse what Hank did but shows what lead up to the slap to make him the way he was at the time. It wasn't like he was just walking around domestic abusing women all the time.

Plus it was resolved years ago despite being brought up by every new writer who seems to get hold of the character because they are too lazy to come up with any other storylines for the character.

Well he comes off as a dick in Ultimates. And in Civil War. And when he slapped his wife. And even in Marvel Zombies he came off as the biggest *****e of the group.

Anyway, Nathan Fillion would do wonders with this character.

Well he comes off as a dick in Ultimates.

But everyone's a dick in the Ultimates, so that's not saying much.

And in Civil War. And when he slapped his wife.

Civil War has all the heroes acting somewhat despicably and warring against each other. Not a good example.

And even in Marvel Zombies he came off as the biggest *****e of the group.

Marvel Zombies is about flesh-eating superheroes who aren't in their right minds. You're using that as an example?

The point is that while Hank Pym's action in the early 80s (which is almost 30 years ago) can't be excused, he doesn't have a consistent pattern of being a wife beater anymore than Spider-Man, whom everyone seems to overlook.

But everyone's a dick in the Ultimates, so that's not saying much.

Civil War has all the heroes acting somewhat despicably and warring against each other. Not a good example.

Marvel Zombies is about flesh-eating superheroes who aren't in their right minds. You're using that as an example?

Well unlike any other marvel zombie (save for Hulk who couldn't control himself), he's the only one who tried to kill another not to share. He beheaded his wife to be specific. I also think he fried Thor. So, in 616 he beats her, in Ultimates he treats her like ****, and in Marvel Zombies he bites her head off? I'm seeing a pattern. :oldrazz:

The point is that while Hank Pym's action in the early 80s (which is almost 30 years ago) can't be excused, he doesn't have a consistent pattern of being a wife beater anymore than Spider-Man, whom everyone seems to overlook.

But Spider-Man isn't a *****e. He was just controlled by the symbiote. :oldrazz:

The thing too is that the slap was a artist's mistake in the early ‘80s when Jim Shooter penned a script that had Hank Pym (Ant Man/Giant Man/Yellow Jacket) accidentally strike his wife Janet Van Dyne (The Wasp) whilst making a broad hand gesture. Rather hilariously, the artist at the time , Bob Hall (an old favourite of mine, whose art-style really defined the Avengers for me growing up) misinterpreted this sequence and did what artists of that era generally did – he drew the scene in the most dramatic fashion possible. So Pym’s act of simple clumsiness became…

sq49hh.jpg

Its strange, because many people seem to have forgotten this little image from the Clone Saga when Peter Parker struck Mary Jane in much the same way :whatever:

2nj9346.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"