The Avengers Other actors you'd like to see in the Avengers

Benedict Cumberbatch for Namor.

Anton-Artemenkov-Photoshoot-benedict-cumberbatch-14672960-492-737.jpg

Just let makeup give him pointy ears, Genghis Khan eyebrows, and a widow's peak. Dunno if he's got six-pack swimmer's abs or what he looks like in a speedo, but you could work on that.

Benedict Cumberbatch for Namor.

Anton-Artemenkov-Photoshoot-benedict-cumberbatch-14672960-492-737.jpg

Just let makeup give him pointy ears, Genghis Khan eyebrows, and a widow's peak. Dunno if he's got six-pack swimmer's abs or what he looks like in a speedo, but you could work on that.

Michael Phelps gets my vote. He's the closest thing we have to an amphibious mutant. He's already got the perfect physique and attitude. :awesome:

047594-michael-phelps.jpg

Too bad he's not an actor....

I say get Zachary Quinto for Namor. He has the look, arrogance and acting chops for the role. Also, he already has the whole anti-hero/ villain thing down.

The thing too is that the slap was a artist's mistake in the early ‘80s when Jim Shooter penned a script that had Hank Pym (Ant Man/Giant Man/Yellow Jacket) accidentally strike his wife Janet Van Dyne (The Wasp) whilst making a broad hand gesture. Rather hilariously, the artist at the time , Bob Hall (an old favourite of mine, whose art-style really defined the Avengers for me growing up) misinterpreted this sequence and did what artists of that era generally did – he drew the scene in the most dramatic fashion possible. So Pym’s act of simple clumsiness became…

sq49hh.jpg

Its strange, because many people seem to have forgotten this little image from the Clone Saga when Peter Parker struck Mary Jane in much the same way :whatever:

2nj9346.jpg
parker's also punch a woman so hard in the face, she died.

haha

I still think Ian Anthony Dale is the best choice for NAMOR, but of course that depends on his acting chops.

Zachary Quinto may seem like a good choice but he's a bit too established from other roles and his body proportions are a bit off.

Michael Phelps gets my vote. He's the closest thing we have to an amphibious mutant. He's already got the perfect physique and attitude. :awesome:

047594-michael-phelps.jpg

Too bad he's not an actor....

Phelps as Namor would be genius casting. If they could only get him to act his way out of a paper bag.

Phelps as Namor would be genius casting. If they could only get him to act his way out of a paper bag.

I can totally see Phelps wielding the trident, with wings on his feet. :awesome:

Hahaha if Phelps somehow mysteriously was a good actor in some sense, I'd be all for him as Namor. :oldrazz:

Though I do love how some here are already saying he can't act when he's not ever tried to before.

Hahaha if Phelps somehow mysteriously was a good actor in some sense, I'd be all for him as Namor. :oldrazz:

Though I do love how some here are already saying he can't act when he's not ever tried to before.

I take it you missed his Subway ad campaign, then. ;)

Probably because Peter's mistake has never been brought up again while Hank's mistake gets mentioned by every other person who writes everyone who has never read the character.

Fix'd

JasonIsaacs.jpg

Really want jason isaacs to play a marvel villain

i also wanted tudyk for pym. and baccarin for wasp. i used to post this all the time in the ant-man thread,lol.

they would be a great choice for hank and wasp!
and jason issacs would be an awesome kaang!

Aren't there any other photographers or news people in the Marvel universe other than those who work at the Daily Planet? I would like to see actors cameoing in some of these minor roles. Or not necessarily news people but policemen, military generals, nurses etc.

How about Night Nurse?

105873-40779-night-nurse_large.jpg

nurse.jpg

Would anyone like to see someone play Bobbi Morse? She could just be a SHIELD agent and have a cameo in the Avengers. She doesn't need to be a developed character at this point but her name could be mentioned - she could have as much of a role as Amanda Righetti did in CA: TFA. She won't be Mockingbird yet, and any romance with Hawkeye won't have been hinted at yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"