The Avengers Other actors you'd like to see in the Avengers

But Spider-Man isn't a *****e. He was just controlled by the symbiote. :oldrazz:
Hank Pym isn't a *****e he was exposed to schizophrenic gases in Avengers 59 (which I know sounds ridiculous), he was stressed depresseda and still grieving his first wifes death.

Janet took advantage of Hanks mental breakdown to get him to marry her after he had been against doing so for years. Janet was like Paris Hilton in early Avengers comics as you can imagine female characters were not written well

The thing too is that the slap was a artist's mistake in the early ‘80s when Jim Shooter penned a script that had Hank Pym (Ant Man/Giant Man/Yellow Jacket) accidentally strike his wife Janet Van Dyne (The Wasp) whilst making a broad hand gesture. Rather hilariously, the artist at the time , Bob Hall (an old favourite of mine, whose art-style really defined the Avengers for me growing up) misinterpreted this sequence and did what artists of that era generally did – he drew the scene in the most dramatic fashion possible. So Pym’s act of simple clumsiness became…

sq49hh.jpg

What a dick.

Its strange, because many people seem to have forgotten this little image from the Clone Saga when Peter Parker struck Mary Jane in much the same way :whatever:

2nj9346.jpg

Like most of the clone saga (and everything OMD-onwards), I choose to ignore that. Peter wouldn't do that. I don't know why the writer/artist thought he'd be a Hank Pym level dick. :oldrazz:

Albeit, the Clone Saga gave us Baby May which gave us Spider-Girl (a nice conclusion to the character since they ruined Peter and MJ as characters in 616 around 2007). But that story like much of the clone saga was silly. Peter gets a blind eye because it was a bad story and everyone loves Spidey. That's about it.

Hank Pym isn't a *****e he was exposed to schizophrenic gases in Avengers 59 (which I know sounds ridiculous), he was stressed depresseda and still grieving his first wifes death.

Janet took advantage of Hanks mental breakdown to get him to marry her after he had been against doing so for years.

Love the one you're with Hank. :o

Dance with the one who brought you. :oldrazz:

The past is a wilderness of...

Janet was like Paris Hilton in early Avengers comics as you can imagine female characters were not written well

Well he married her That doesn't excuse domestic violence does it? ;)

Sorry, the only way to redeem Hank Pym is for Nathan Fillion to play him in the sequel.

Love the one you're with Hank. :o

Dance with the one who brought you. :oldrazz:

The past is a wilderness of...

Well he married her That doesn't excuse domestic violence does it? ;)

Sorry, the only way to redeem Hank Pym is for Nathan Fillion to play him in the sequel.
If you can ignore Peter why can't you ignore Hank?

What a dick.

Like most of the clone saga (and everything OMD-onwards), I choose to ignore that. Peter wouldn't do that. I don't know why the writer/artist thought he'd be a Hank Pym level dick. :oldrazz:

So you're just choosing the bits that fit in with your image of Peter, even though he has had numerous examples of striking his wife and other women. I don't see why anyone else couldn't just ignore that incident from Hank Pym's past.

I'm guessing that if you liked a wife beater in real life, you would overlook his abuse and say that you choose to ignore that, but if you don't like him then you'll hold everything against him.

Anyway, this is all off topic anyway. We should get back to discussing other actors who could play various roles in the Avengers, not whether Hank or Peter are wife beaters.

If I liked a wife beater in real life? :rolleyes:

These are fictional characters. Writers can do whatever they want with them. Peter has been written out of character many times, but whatever. Hank Pym just always came off as an unlikable character to me and it seems to fit.

To put it another way. When you mention to someone who ever read Spidey the Peter/MJ marriage, nobody talks about that because it was stupid shock value during a shock value storyline. People are more apt to complain about the Faustian deal that ruined the characters in OMD than that, because to no reader or writer was it a defining moment in their imagination of these characters. Yet, as you point out, EVERYONE remembers that as a defining characteristic of Pym. Even in other AU, they make a point to highlight say Peter's innate good qualities and Hank's bad ones because the characters lend themselves in that regard.

Last edited:
Another no for Hank Pym. He's a wifebeater. Doesn't matter how you dress it up with "it was an open palmed slap" or whatever it's not okay.

As for Spiderman, that was done to shock and was retconned soon after. No-one considers it part of Spider-man's continuity.

I'ld love to see the Inhumans in an Avengers sequel. Maybe Crystal could join up? The Avengers need to be less of a sausage fest. Leighton Meester could be cool for that.

I know this would never happen but I really want Wanda in an Avengers movie and I want her played by Pauley Perrette or Eva Green.

Another no for Hank Pym. He's a wifebeater. Doesn't matter how you dress it up with "it was an open palmed slap" or whatever it's not okay.
Continue to be blinded by the truth that he isn't a wife-beater.
Being exposed to schizophrenic gases causing stress and depressionand grieving his first wifes death causing a whole 1 slap in the entire mainstream does not make him a wife beater.
As for Spiderman, that was done to shock and was retconned soon after. No-one considers it part of Spider-man's continuity.
Except he's done in numerous times in the mainstream continuity and not all of them have been retconned.

Continue to be blinded by the truth that he isn't a wife-beater.
Being exposed to schizophrenic gases causing stress and depressionand grieving his first wifes death causing a whole 1 slap in the entire mainstream does not make him a wife beater.

Except he's done in numerous times in the mainstream continuity and not all of them have been retconned.

Schizophrenic gases... alien symbiote. People can't say there's a huge difference between the two. Both are outside sources that cause Hank and Peter to act in ways they normally wouldn't. In Spider-Man 3, Peter clearly struck Mary Jane, whether under the influence of the symbiote. That was never retconned, even though a reboot followed after. It's always there for everyone to see (and more people to see than would've read the Avengers comic where Hank lashes out at Jan).

images
images
I know, I know. He does look nothing like Luke Cage and is WAYYY to skinny to play him. But he has the swagger and if he buffed up a lil'bit I think it could work!
images
Dude wants to play Luke Cage, I say yes.:applaud

I'd like some semi-known actors cast as familiar SHIELD agents like Clay Quartermain etc.

Simon Baker for Hank Pym
simonbaker1.jpg

I'd like some semi-known actors cast as familiar SHIELD agents like Clay Quartermain etc.

It may be a little bit of typecasting, but I think Ryan McPartlin from Chuck would be perfect for Quartermain.

20090219110054clayquart.jpg
livingwithfran6.jpg

I'd like to see Jimmy Woo as a SHIELD agent as well, played by Russell Wong.
142505-40851-jimmy-woo_super.jpg
bsrussellwong4.jpg

Simon Baker for Hank Pym
simonbaker1.jpg

It may be a little bit of typecasting, but I think Ryan McPartlin from Chuck would be perfect for Quartermain.

20090219110054clayquart.jpg
livingwithfran6.jpg

I'd like to see Jimmy Woo as a SHIELD agent as well, played by Russell Wong.
142505-40851-jimmy-woo_super.jpg
bsrussellwong4.jpg

Good casting... but.... is that an old picture of Russell Wong? I don't think he looks like that anymore. He's still quite young in that pic and now he's a fair bit older.

Yea, it's probably an old shot. Google search didn't seem to turn up any recent-looking shots, just posted one I thought was the most recent.

Wong in his prime (Vanshing Son) would've made a fantastic Shang-Chi.

Last edited:
I reallly like Simon Baker as Pym But Fillion would be the perfect choice!

what about Liv Tayler??

Betty is a BIG part in Hulk/Bruce arc.

no mention of her yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"