DC Television Pennyworth - Batman Prequel gets series order at Epix

Next up, Alfred the movie. Teen Titans Go predicted it.

‘Pennyworth’: Jack Bannon To Star In Title Alfred Role On Epix’s Batman Prequel

The 10-episode Pennyworth will begin production October 22 at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden in the UK.

Based on DC characters created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger, Pennyworth follows Bruce Wayne’s legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth (Bannon), a former British SAS soldier in his 20’s, who forms a security company and goes to work with a young billionaire, Thomas Wayne, who’s not yet Bruce’s father, in 1960s London.

Bannon’s Pennyworth is a boyishly handsome, cheerful, charming, clever young man from London. Honest, open-faced and witty; you’d never take him for an SAS killer. Alfred doesn’t know how to reconcile the kind-hearted boy he used to be with the cold, calculated killer he was forced to become. He’s a man on the make, who doesn’t know what to make of himself yet.

Like all of his predecessors in the role, Bannon is an English actor. His credits include playing Christopher Morcom in The Imitation Game, and TV series Ripper, Endeavour, The Loch and Clique.

Is he and Thomas supposed to be the same age?

First reaction to casting: wow, Alfred got hot.

Jack Bannon:

826924.jpg

Not too surprising that they cast an English actor for the role of Thomas Wayne, considering the series films in London.

Is he and Thomas supposed to be the same age?

Now you have your answer. Alfred is supposed to be in his 20s, and Thomas is played by a 32-year-old actor. So yes I gather they're around the same age.

So this show is actually happening? Wow. Maybe in the next few years we will get a show about Bruce Wayne's grandparents or maybe we will get a movie about aunt May.

So this show is actually happening? Wow. Maybe in the next few years we will get a show about Bruce Wayne's grandparents or maybe we will get a movie about aunt May.

I don't know whether there's any talks about those shows but back in early 2016 there were reports about a Penguin spin-off from Gotham.

If Thomas Wayne is older than Alfred, how old is Alfred when Bruce is born?

If Thomas Wayne is older than Alfred, how old is Alfred when Bruce is born?

The "biologically possible" range is much wider of course, but in the context of the show I think Thomas has Bruce when he's from 30 to 45.

Now you have your answer. Alfred is supposed to be in his 20s, and Thomas is played by a 32-year-old actor. So yes I gather they're around the same age.
Interesting, I figured from all the canon usually Alfred is older than Thomas.

Sorry people, but I wanna see this. Alfred always had a cool mysterious background. And I wanna see Thomas meeting and forming a relationship with the guy to the point of trusting him with his kid.

Maybe if this was a prequel series to one of the many Bat films or tv shows I would be more interested. But in its own world that wont affect anything or give more official information? Yeah I'm gonna pass on this one.

If the Tangerine Bandit isn’t the big bad of S1, I’m walking.

Two British actors, Outlander's Ryan Fletcher and Causualty's Hainsley Lloyd Bennett, cast as regulars.

Fletcher and Bennett will portray Dave Boy and Bazza, respectively; both are lifelong friends of Alfred’s from their army days serving in the same corps. Dave Boy, a haggard Highland Scotsman who is slowly drinking himself to death since leaving the army, is a close ally of Alfred and Bazza and also the most unpredictable of the trio. Bazza, a posh Bajan playboy, is highly proficient at logistics and a valued member of Alfred’s team.

Danny Cannons will direct the pilot, which starts production on Monday.

‘Pennyworth’: Ryan Fletcher & Hainsley Lloyd Bennett Set As Regulars In Batman Prequel On Epix

UK Pop Star Paloma Faith Cast As ‘Pennyworth’ Villainess In Epix’s Batman Prequel

Epix’s drama Pennyworth has found its villainess at the top of the British pop charts: Platinum-selling singer Paloma Faith has joined the cast in the role of Bet Sykes, a cruel adversary who will test the courage of young Alfred Pennyworth and his new boss, Thomas Wayne, the future father of Bruce Wayne.

Faith’s character is described as a “spirited, sadistic and sharp-tongued villain,” according to Warner Horizon Scripted Television. The characters are based on the adventures dating back to the FDR years and published in the pages of Batman, Detective Comics and other DC Comics titles.

Ok so SHH front page just has an article about “Why this series is useless”. When did this not-news articles happen? I remember it used to be news only, even if it was click-bait news like the Gunn fired and rehired again, but recently it starter with all the Daredevil episode recap and today this Pennyworth think piece. Someone needs to publish a minimum number of articles every day or something?

I mean, I find Gotham to be utterly useless, but the show ended up getting like five seasons.

Same with Krypton, but that show is doing alright as well.

So, it seems prequel series tend to do well for DC Entertainment. It's a formula that works for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"