Homecoming Post-Homecoming: Who's the best Spidey and Peter Parker?

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Vote once for the best Spider-man and once for the best Peter Parker.

No contest on either side of the character- Tom crushes it for both.

Tom's takin this one to the house.

As someone who grew up loving the Raimi trilogy--and I still consider Spider-Man 2 the best movie with Spidey in it--Tom Holland walks away with this in a landslide.

He nails the character. It is magical in a way the others didn't. I still really like what Tobey did, but Holland? Yeah he now owns this role.

Best Peter is Tom but still think Andrew is the best Spider-Man

Maguire is the best Peter but Holland is better as Spidey.

Holland takes this hands down. He just became my new favorite MCU character (a title preciously held by Daredevil, who had been bumped to a close #2)

Tom is pretty much perfect casting and he comfortably wins both, despite that I liked both the previous ones.

Holland by a country mile. I couldn't root for Tobey in either movie of the trilogy no matter how much i love 2 but i was pulling for Tom during the entire film

Tom even looks a good deal like Ultimate Peter. Easy win. Some of the best casting for a superhero character this side of Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

This is not even close. Holland for both by miles. Not to say that Tobey wasn't great in SM1 and SM2. His Peter Parker holds up well for me but I get a disconnect during the Spider-man scenes and it's like I'm not watching the same guy whereas with Holland I feel his Peter Parker and Spider-man are so much more organic. Garfield certainly had the acting chops to be just as good but it's unfortunate Webb made his Peter Parker and Spider-man so unlikable.

Tom Holland as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man is just perfection. It's going to be amazing to see him growing up in the role.

Not even close. Holland by about a thousand country miles.

It's EASILY Drew Garfield as Spider-man. I mean, how can you not? The way he tortured that low grade thug after he caught him? Crucified him to the wall. Mocked him. Webbed him in the nuts. That's quintessential Spider-man right there. Iconic.

The perfect Petre. The way he ignored traffic, put people's lives in danger, broke his promise to Stacy about staying away from gwen nonchalantly, stocking her, even willing to go the UK, leaving NYC hanging just to be with her. Iconic.

Just kidding. It's Hollande.

Homecoming (while awesome) wasn't my favorite Spider-Man movie, but it had my favorite Spider-Man... and Peter Parker. :spidey:

Tom is Peter Parker. Tom is Spider-Man, period. Still huge respect for Tobey and Andrew, but he knocked it out of the park and made it his own.

Wasn't a fan of his Spidey in Civil War, but Homecoming definitely won me over. Gotta go with my boy Tom on both fronts

Tom is Peter Parker. Tom is Spider-Man, period. Still huge respect for Tobey and Andrew, but he knocked it out of the park and made it his own.

To the bolded: Absolutely, but the rest of your post is still spot on.

Tom owned this role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"