Homecoming Post-Homecoming: Who's the best Spidey and Peter Parker?

Holland is, both, the best Peter Parter & Spider-Man.
Garfield is the second best after quite a wide margin.
Maguire follows closely behind Garfield.

Peter Capaldi and John Pertwee...

..wait, wrong forum!

Holland.

Awkward and hilariously nerdy without overdoing it as Raimi did with Tobey and thankfully far from the Gamergate bro Garfield played.

Macguire still has the best Spidey costume hands down. It was spot-on

Holland and it is not even close as far as him nailing the role perfectly finding that balance between being Peter Parker and being Spidey he nailed it perfectly in ways that Maguire and Garfield never did

Tobey Maguire was a better Peter Parker than Spider-Man. He wasn't quippy enough in the suit.
Andrew Garfield was a better Spider-Man than Peter Parker. He got to be too moody and *****ey at times as Peter.
Tom Holland nailed both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. He found the perfect balance. I kind of knew that when I saw Civil War, but Homecoming just cemented it. I hope he plays the role for years to come.

The more I think of it, the more I have to say that Tom Holland is the best. It is getting kinda hard to be honest. Perhaps, after the two Avengers flick and his sequels I'll finally say he is the best.

I think Holland is easily the best Peter.

I'll give him an edge on the best Spidey too, although that's harder for me because I think the suit/his physical appearance is not... I'm still partial to Maguire/Raimi in that department.

Holland.

Awkward and hilariously nerdy without overdoing it as Raimi did with Tobey and thankfully far from the Gamergate bro Garfield played.

LMAO!! Gamergate bro? :D
I always referred to Garfield as Emo Spidey
After watching ASM & ASM2 last night, even the scores for both films stink. Everything is just plain bad from top to bottom in those films.

Holland, although we haven't really had a bad Parker nor a bad Spidey, Garfield on ASM1 and Tobey on SM3 had bad moments, but the rest was good.

Tom Holland with out a doubt is the best Peter Parker. I had a hard time choosing the best Spider-Man. Of course it was between Maguire and Holland but I had to give the edge to Tobey Maguire.

As Spider-Man? Holland, hands down.

Though as Parker, for me it was a toss-up between Holland and Maguire but I went with Maguire in the end.

Tom Holland aaaannnd... hmmm...

let me think...

Tom Holland.

Tom hands down for both. He already won me over in Civil War and Homecoming just further cemented it.

Tom was honestly fantastic as both. If there's one thing you can't fault Marvel for, it's casting their heroes. Tom was Peter and Spidey jumped off the page.

Holland was indeed good as both. However I really love Maguire's Peter.

I think Tobey was a slightly better Peter, but Holland is is easily the best Spider-Man and does almost as well as Parker.

I think Tobey was a slightly better Peter, but Holland is is easily the best Spider-Man and does almost as well as Parker.
Maguire has the emotional depth that I like with Peter (Uncle Ben is a huge part of his life), whereas Holland has the energetic, fun kid of Spidey nailed.

Tom Holland, IMO, is the best Spidey and best Peter Parker.

Followed by Tobey, then Andrew. :)

I'm still waiting on the 'definitive' take on the character, myself.

They're all great. But I'd go with Garfield as Spidey, and Nicolas Hammond as Peter.

I knew Tom Holland was going to be the best when I saw him in Civil War.

Saw Homecoming yesterday, and it confirmed what I believed - he was easily the best Spider Man - to me he really captured everything that Spider Man and Peter Parker are all about.

He was awkward without being angsty, and fun without being ridiculous.

I liked Tobey Maguire in general but still found him a bit too.....well wussy and emotional in SM 2 when he was to-ing and fro-ing about being Spider Man and having all those self doubts, ugh ! I just wanted to slap him.

Holland has some doubts and he screws up big time, but he still remains a likeable character even so.

- and Garfield, well in ASM his Peter is a jerk, but he got better in ASM 2, although sadly the rest of the film was much worse.

Holland benefits from being in a good film, but he's done a great job, and the directors and writers clearly understand what gives Spidey his appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"