• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First Avenger Pre Serum Steve Rogers discussion

^^ :wow: Bale looked really BAD! Hard to believe he did BB right after that. They should stick to CGI with Evans.

I can't believe that Bale actually did that. There's suffering for your art, but at some point it needs to stop.

I say CG.

But should they choose to go another way, the 1990 movie just gave Steve Polio and Matt Salinger wore baggy clothes. :D

Honestly, I do not think its very important to see him pre-serum. THe only scene that is crucial is being turned away from the recruitment center

I think it's very important to have at least one scene showing how frail Steve is. The image of frail and scrawny Steve becoming a super soldier is classic and I think it would be a missed opportunity not to implement it.

I voted 'slimmed down' Evans purely for cost reasons, but only on the (possibly incorrect) assumption that he could actually relax a bit after this film, and have enough time to safely (read; healthy) bulk up again later. But if Avengers is right around the corner, then rather cgi his head on a skinny dude.

I actually would like his attitude get him a trial run (which we get to see), even though the military can clearly see he's useless (physically). That to me would already highlight his mental strength - As well as the massive transformation he undergoes.

yea its as others said much easier to have a stunt/body double come in who is just very skinny and either shoot from side/back where we dont see his face or if we do see face to just have chris's face digitally put on said other actor's body and all that.

I remember someone suggesting once that he could be a polio victim. Kinda fits the timeframe.

So minus the face, Steve Rogers should look something like this...

bejamin.jpg

Well, minus the face and smallness of his body

It just doesnt seem cost effective to do the CG. And it definitely doesnt seem smart to have Chris slim down when they finish since there is going to be sequels and spinoff. Photoshop a photo and have the scientists show someone.

If the people working on Spider-Man were able to afford to CGI Peter for one scene then surely a film made 8 years later can afford to do the same.

CG. They did it with Tobey in SM1 eight years ago and it still looks unoticeably cg. And I'm sure there will only be one or two scenes with him with his shirt off pre serum. Definitely when he takes it, and maybe before. But we won't see much I think. It's too much to ask that for an actor to drop that much weight.

That was CGI? OH I just thought we were meant to accept that not looking like you are paralysed from the neck down equaled buff!

Put Evans on a very intense weights regimen focusing on hypertrophy, and use CGI ala Sam Worthington's legs in Avatar.

it'll be interesting to see how this is handled..

Actually, it would be interesting if some of our more talented photo manipulators made one of Steve Rogers as a 90 pound weakling with Chris Evan's face.

yea its would probably be alot easier to hire some skinny body double and shoot from the back and then if there is any times to see the face do the whole face digital replacement and all that. And it would likely be only 1-3 scenes and probably wouldnt be that hard.

It'd be crazy to "wait for Evans to slim down", not only because it would take a while and be stressful on his body, but also because he'd have to bulk right back up again to film Avengers early next year

They'll use CGI/body double.

Exactly right!

One important aspect for me is not to try to make Steve too similar to Peter Parker pre-spider. Steve´s not a nerd, he´s a fighter in his mind, heart and soul, he just didn´t have the body for it.

If the people working on Spider-Man were able to afford to CGI Peter for one scene then surely a film made 8 years later can afford to do the same.

Spiderman did a quick, unfocused shot. They'll probably need to do more than that for Cap

yea with how it was 8+ yrs ago just to do a few seconds with spidey 1 more can easily be done today for like a 1-3 min scene or something. Plus then like if parts of scene are only to be back side of body actor we wouldnt need any cgi enhancements or digital face shots and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"