The Winter Soldier Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score

Romance is tough enough when you’re a superhero, let alone when you accidentally end up freezing yourself for 70 years. The last time we saw Captain America getting all lovey it was in the 1940s with Peggy Carter. Unfortunately, circumstances dictated they were never able to go on their much anticipated (non-Nazi-killing) first date. But perhaps there’s still hope? Obviously were about to discuss some potential spoilers for Captain America: The Winter Soldier FOLLOW , so read on at your own peril.

This week we saw candid set pictures which appeared to show Steve Rogers kissing a certain Natasha Romanoff. However, some new set photos have emerged which suggests Cap might be in for some extremely bizarre and awkward emotional feelings. You see, the photo shows Hayley Atwell, who played Peggy Carter, alive and well in the modern day. Check it out below:

As you can see from the picture, Atwell has CGI markers on her face. Combine this with the new hair job and it’s pretty obvious Atwell will be aged for her role in Captain America 2. Will Steve Rogers meet his estranged love? Well, the Cleveland Heights Patch reported the location was:

a nursing home where Cap, played by Chris Evans, is visiting with his fellow World War II veterans. Also on scene was actress Hayley Atwell, who played Captain Americas love interest in the first film and was dressed as an elderly woman.
So, it looks like the two might be in for an extremely unusual encounter. Now, I can’t imagine Captain America will be rekindling his relationship with Peggy (that just raises too many ethical, moral and practical issues) but perhaps the two will finally get to go on a moving first date?

What do you think? Do you like the inclusion of Peggy Carter in Captain America 2, or would you prefer if her storyline was left behind.

SURE! NAH. THAT WOULD BE WEIRD.

http://moviepilot.com/stories/1007495-captain-america-2-spoilers-will-steve-rogers-be-reuniting-with-peggy-carter?stamp=51625&subscribe_to=254973&utm_campaign=captain-america-2-spoilers-will-steve-rogers-be-reuniting-with-peggy-carter&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=fb-channel-superheroes

The woman that stole my heart. I am so happy they are really giving her character her just do. :hrt:

Also, good luck at making her unattractive. Most expensive CGI in history. :funny:

Last edited:
I'm so glad she is back and I'm so glad she will play old Peggy as well.

I'm very happy at Atwell's inclusion in the sequel, even though I do hate old age make up. I guess they are using CGI as well which hopefully makes it look better than it usually does. I mean how can I complain about Atwell coming back?

I'm very happy at Atwell's inclusion in the sequel, even though I do hate old age make up. I guess they are using CGI as well which hopefully makes it look better than it usually does. I mean how can I complain about Atwell coming back?
You can't, so don't even try. :cwink:

Yeah, I guess they will go all the way with cgi effects, 'cause right now she is looking the same just with white hair lol
I just hope they can achieve a really good aging effect.

After that touching Avengers' BluRay deleted scene where Steve looked at Peggy's files , and not long after that, he's looking at the phone, hesitating whether wants to call her or not...I'm glad that Peggy will return in the sequel....

Dang she a pretty lady, glad she back

It should make for a great scene/s. To Cap it's only been a few weeks since he's last saw her, but to her it's been a life time ago.

I kind of hope they play up that angle that she's not as happy to see him, as he is to see her, meaning she had moved on with her life; that would make for more heartbreak and really play up the 'man out of time' angle of the Cap saga.

Hayley Atwell give me feels like no other actress can.

My face every time I look at her:
610x.jpg

I think it would be a cool and touching thing if Peggy tells Steve that he needs to move on with his life. The 1940's are over and whatever chance they had of having a romance ended when he flew that plane into the snow and was frozen for 70 years. If Cap is still continuing the "adapting to the new world" thing he was doing in The Avengers, that character arc needs to be resolved here (or in some other Cap movie if they want to make this a long term arc) and Old Peggy should be one of the things to help him resolve it.

Whoop whoop! Agent Carter FTW!

Loving the new photos they released. Seems they're really putting out a lot of stuff leading up to SDCC.

YES!! JOSH LYMAN FTW!!

I didn't know Bradley Whitford is in this. I love him!

In the EW article, Louis D'Esposito said the new Peggy One-Shot is nearly double the size of the Item 47 One-Shot, which was about 12 minutes long. The length of the Peggy One-Shot sounds like we're going to be getting quite a bit of action/story to fill in quite a bit of blanks between TFA and CA: TWS.

In the EW article, Louis D'Esposito said the new Peggy One-Shot is nearly double the size of the Item 47 One-Shot, which was about 12 minutes long. The length of the Peggy One-Shot sounds like we're going to be getting quite a bit of action/story to fill in quite a bit of blanks between TFA and CA: TWS.

24 minutes long?

:applaud

Finally a one-shot I'm actually looking forward to. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"