The Winter Soldier Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

I absolutely don't see what the fuss was there.
A lot of people attribute the chemistry between the actors to the characters. Their relationship is pretty shallow to me so far.

ABC renews 'SHIELD' plus orders 'Captain America' spin-off

By James Hibberd on May 8, 2014 at 10:35PM

135824_4153_r_2-2.jpg

Plus, ABC has also greenlit to series its Captain America spin-off Agent Carter (or, as the studio insists it’s titled, Marvel’s Agent Carter).

Official description of the new series from ABC:

“Marvel’s Agent Carter,” starring “Captain America’s” Hayley Atwell follows the story of Peggy Carter. It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films “Captain America: The First Avenger” and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” along with the short “Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter.” “Marvel’s Agent Carter” stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter. Executive producers are Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters, Steve McFeely & Christopher Marcus, and Jeph Loeb.

WOW, what a great couple they would make in RL... but in the MCU, Peggy/Steve were perfect, it is so tragic they go through all the things they do, never to be together.
I can´t wait for the scene in AoU, I hope it won´t be one of the films Whedon will shoot to later cut from the movie :csad:

Honestly, an AGENT CARTER series seems like overtkill.

Unless they're going to do something incredibly badass and bring in like, young Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos and Howard Stark and so forth.

Even then, it feels like something that could be part of the SHIELD series itself.

Honestly, an AGENT CARTER series seems like overtkill.

Unless they're going to do something incredibly badass and bring in like, young Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos and Howard Stark and so forth.

Even then, it feels like something that could be part of the SHIELD series itself.

Sorry, is there something you don´t hate about Cap, TWS, Peggy, the possible Agent Carter series ... life ? .. :woot: .... for one happy comment, one must take it down:cwink:

come on!! it is a series with a female lead from a comic book world adaptation..

but on with the good news of the Agent Carter TV series

tumblr_n5a8b4xdq41qmw6ito1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n5a8b4xdq41qmw6ito2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n5a8b4xdq41qmw6ito3_500.gif

source

Last edited:
While I can't wait to see Hayley Atwell on my television weekly, it being an ABC show kills a lot of my enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Really interested to see what they do with an actual Agent Carter series. Like that it'll be a limited series and not a full-run 22 episode season.

While I can't wait to see Haley Atwell on my television weekly, it being an ABC show kills a lot of my enthusiasm.

I wonder what they will do with the series, they are aware of what they did wrong with AoS, which is why they are using all TWS to re-build that series from there, but with this series, IDK... specially it being back in the 40´s, it could either go really bad or really well, depending how they handle it... I´m just happy it is a female lead, one that is connected directly to one of the principal characters in the MCU.

Really interested to see what they do with an actual Agent Carter series. Like that it'll be a limited series and not a full-run 22 episode season.
I did not know this. I find this intriguing. Could do wonders for the quality.

I did not know this. I find this intriguing. Could do wonders for the quality.
During the press rounds for TWS, Markus and McFeeley (the writers of both CA movies and now the Agent Carter series) said their plan for the 1st season is between 10-12 episodes.

Good to know. :up:

Also very happy they are involved. :)

I dedicated a Thread to her Series in the AoS threads since it IS the start of SHIELD.

This is the best news EVER. Peggy is probably my favorite female character in any superhero movie so I'm glad she'll get more screentime than what she did in TFA.

Well Hopefully SOON we'll have the Agent Carter forum up and I'll move all but this thread since it IS a Cap thread

I hope this series will move Peggy Carter out of Capt. America's shadow and establish her own legacy, and I think Hayley has what it takes to become a major star in Hollywood.

http://****************.com/tv/agent-carter-details/

http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/marvels-agent-carter-poster-639x360.jpg

While Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hasn’t quite lived up to its potential, we have high hopes for the studio’s next foray into television: Agent Carter. After appearing in Captain America: The First Avenger, her own Marvel One-Shot short film, and briefly in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Hayley Atwell is reprising her role as Peggy Carter and will be taking center stage here.

The actress recently spoke at the ABC upfronts and offered up a few details about the series, including how it will further explore the character of Peggy Carter:
“I think the main thing is fans feel that they’ve seen her being capable, being sexy, being a femme fatale and they want to see something more. They want to see the complexities, the three dimensions of her, what makes her tick, what makes her crumble, what makes her crash and the limitations of who she is because that makes her all the more relatable.”
These comments already put the show leaps and bounds ahead of its sister show, which has had a hard time with creating well rounded, interesting characters for fans to cling on to. While Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finally found its footing over halfway through its first season, Agent Carter will need to hit the ground running, as it only has an 8-episode season. According to Atwell, this will present plenty of time to explore those intimate character details:
“I think over the arc of the 8 episodes there will be very different facets to who she is, which won’t disappoint the fans in making sure that she has a story within herself as well as the stories of each episode, fighting who she fights against and still battling with her own demons and losing the love of her life, and what a personal cost to her that is. So there’s many different ideas behind who she is and I think she’s going to become more interesting.”
While many fans may be disappointed to hear that Agent Carter will be getting such a brief season when it airs in the fall, perhaps a shorter, more tightly constructed story arc is the best option. Plus, if these 8 episodes prove successful, there’s always the chance that ABC will order longer seasons in the future.

Marvel's Agent Carter: Hayley Atwell on Her Return

[YT]watch?v=hiT0tvfvC6Q[/YT]

Last edited:
Are we to assume from the pictures by Peggy's bed in the movie that she got married & had a family in between Captain America 1 & 2? It looked like she had a daughter so could her daughter have grown up to be a SHIELD agent or a superhero herself?

She mentions being married in her interview. Interesting that she kept her maiden name, or perhaps the marriage was short lived and she reverted back to her maiden name.

noticed something the 4th time watching the Bluray. Peggy's interview at the Smithsonian had a Title of "SSR Peggy Carter 1953", wonder how many years it remained SSR after she joined Stark?

Last edited:
She mentions being married in her interview. Interesting that she kept her maiden name, or perhaps the marriage was short lived and she reverted back to her maiden name.
AND she had pics of children on her night stand when Steve went to visit

AND she had pics of children on her night stand when Steve went to visit

Has it ever been established who Janet Van Dyne's mother was in the comics? Ever since I first saw the CAWS movie I had a lame brain idea of making Peggy Carter & Howard Stark Janet Van Dyne's biological parents & Peggy was involved with Vernon van Dyne at some point who adopted Janet as his own. Eventually Janet Van Dyne would end up working with & for her biological father Howard Stark & would eventually get killed because of him.

How many episodes is this going to have per season? I hope they arent going for 22/23, as I dont think the character and her world can sustain interest that long, but if its shorter it will be more focused and better for the world if you ask me.

EDIT: Just found out its going to be 8 episodes, very smart if you ask me.

Peggy is getting her own book.

Its kind of surreal how much Peggy's popularity has taken off. Having roles in three films so far, a short of her own, and a series. Amazing, but surreal.

Sadly, it probably means Sharon is never getting out of her shadow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"