First Avenger Should Hayley Atwell play Sharon Carter as well as Peggy?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
If there is a Captain America II, it will likely be set in modern day, with Steve Rogers waking up to find everyone he loves is long gone in the Avengers. He will have a whole new supporting cast, including a new love interest.

Cap's new love interest in Modern times, for the uninitiated is Sharon Carter, the sister (then retconned to be niece, then retconned to be great niece) of Cap's WW2 lover Peggy Carter. In comics they are drawn 100% identical and are always noted for their eerie similarity in dialogue.

Would it be too confusing for the General Audience if Atwell played both Carter women?

It wouldn't be confusing for the general audience. The average person is a functioning idiot, not a complete one.

^lolz

i think it'd work either way...i say we see how she does, if theres no chemistry between them in part 1, ditch her for the sequel. but if the relationship is good and developed and important, then maybe ya keep her...

I'm just interested to see how she does with action... the pictures I've seen, she doesn't look like the ass-kicking type... more the stay-at-home mother of 2 type

It could work. Definately. If it's written well and directed well, all you need is a simple reference or comment to how much Sharon looks like Peggy (it worked quite well for Winona Ryder in Dracula), along with a she's Peggy's great neice and you're golden.

Added to that is that the contempory setting, contemopary clothing and contemporary hairstyle will only help defferenciate the two characters.

Also they could make Peggy French or British and make Sharon American.

Good idea - anything to separate the two characters even more.

personally i rather it be two different actresses myself. Plus we have no clue as of yet for avengers and post avenger films what their plan is for sharon carter and if she is going to show up just yet.

personally i rather it be two different actresses myself. Plus we have no clue as of yet for avengers and post avenger films what their plan is for sharon carter and if she is going to show up just yet.

Well, I doubt they signed on Chris Evans for 9 films just so he can cameo in a Luke Cage Septology. I guarantee you they're at least planning for a Cap or Avengers sequel, and Sharon Carter is his top supporting character so I imagine we'll see her at some point.

i know kang lol that with evans and others like him hemsworth, dowey they will more likely be tied down to 2 sequels of solo films, at least two avengers films. Then that would lead to any remaining options to be cameo/supporting roles in other character films. I was just saying we dont know right now what their plan is for sharon carter and when she might pop up. Then of course we dont know what type of deal they signed hayley too for peggy.

Nope.
As cool as the source material is, that would be [insert favorite pejorative insult here]. Seriously. Sharon should be Keri Russell or maybe Malin Ackerman.

Honestly, I'd rather have Bernie Rosenthal act as Cap's love interest in future films. I know Sharon's an established part of the comics, but the whole, date a chick and then dump her for her sister/niece/great niece thing seems a bit *****ey to me.

Dump her?

I think you mean "accidentally become a human Popsicle in a valiant effort to save mankind, stay that way for sixty years, and then get thawed out and find a kindred spirit in her great niece". :yay:

Honestly, I'd rather have Bernie Rosenthal act as Cap's love interest in future films. I know Sharon's an established part of the comics, but the whole, date a chick and then dump her for her sister/niece/great niece thing seems a bit *****ey to me.

I never found Bernie particularly interesting as a character. Sharon Carter is Cap's Lois Lane or his Mary Jane Watson; it's his "One." and it would hurt my enjoyment of the film series if she was never in it.

I never found Bernie particularly interesting as a character. Sharon Carter is Cap's Lois Lane or his Mary Jane Watson; it's his "One." and it would hurt my enjoyment of the film series if she was never in it.
I can see your point, although I always thought of Gwen as Spider-Man's "one," but the first two Spider-Mans were still solid films without her. (Of course, that could be due to the fact that Kirsten Dunst hadn't yet had her unfortunate collision with gravity, so I was willing to let it slide.)

Let's see how she fairs at being Peggy before judging her ability to be Sharon.

yea like i said we just dont know what marvel studios plans are for sharon yet, and if she will be showing up in first avengers film or held off to a later point and all that.

I can see your point, although I always thought of Gwen as Spider-Man's "one," but the first two Spider-Mans were still solid films without her. (Of course, that could be due to the fact that Kirsten Dunst hadn't yet had her unfortunate collision with gravity, so I was willing to let it slide.)

Gwen was the girl who he liked in college. Who I thought I loved in college didn't turn out to be my "one".

I always thought MJ and Peter had more of a relationship than Peter and Gwen, and never got why people still cling onto Gwen as Peter's true love.

As for Bernie, I always found any forays into Steve Rogers civilian life to be pretty boring. I liked Captain America:War and Remembrance, but the parts where Bernie and he were dating I got so bored with. He's too clean cut for anything spicey to happen when he's around regular joe people.

I prefer having his supporting cast loaded up with S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (Fury, Duggan, Sharon) and of course, his modern Sidekick the Falcon.

Last edited:
nah i dont want her on the new marvel movies. i like her as an actress but dont want her in another superhero movie.

I'll be honest enough to say that i quite like the idea of seeing Hayley Atwell in Agent 13's Shield bodysuit..... (well, it worked well enough for Scarlett as Agent Romanoff didn't it?) ;-)

See how she does as Peggy, but it could be a route that works for the Avengers to have her playing Sharon in a smallish role that triggers all sorts of memories for Cap. Then maybe Sharon has a much bigger role in Cap 2

I think we should wait to see how Hayley goes with the role before signing her up for future roles. You never know, she could be the next Malin Ackerman.

Also, I'm slightly biased because I'm hoping for Jessica Mareis as Sharon Carter...
AFI+Awards+2009+Nominations+Announced+zwBjeAD2hk8l.jpg
carter1.jpg

I think we should wait to see how Hayley goes with the role before signing her up for future roles. You never know, she could be the next Malin Ackerman.

Also, I'm slightly biased because I'm hoping for Jessica Mareis as Sharon Carter...
AFI+Awards+2009+Nominations+Announced+zwBjeAD2hk8l.jpg
carter1.jpg
Nice. Very nice.

yea we dont know what their plans are yet with peggy, and then with sharon like i pointed out before. We dont know if they want to go with another actress, and when the character will show up. But what ever happens i hope they do the characters to justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"