The Winter Soldier Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

tumblr_mps5djyyxZ1qzkq0co1_500.jpg

tumblr_mps5djyyxZ1qzkq0co2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mps5djyyxZ1qzkq0co4_500.jpg

I want that poster in High-Res :hrt:

I love reading that Howard Stark is going to be in this as well. :up:

Would it be too much to ask for more Peggy Carter Cold War flashbacks in the Agents of SHIELD series? Bradley Whitford and Dom Cooper, too.....love to see more about Howard (and maybe Maria), and find out who Whitford is playing in that pic. Wonder if it's a Marvel Comics cameo, or even an actual historical figure.

Am I unreasonable to wish that they would make Peggy young in the future?

If Black Widow does become an romance partner for Steve and if Peggy were still young in the present and that they were caught in a love triangle, that would make Rogers the luckiest man in the entire MCU.lol

This is *never* an unreasonable wish. I don't care how contrived it would be; Haley Atwell is a gem and she had the best chemistry with Chris Evans ever. So yes, I too wish Peggy would be brought back to the future young.

Would it be too much to ask for more Peggy Carter Cold War flashbacks in the Agents of SHIELD series? Bradley Whitford and Dom Cooper, too.....love to see more about Howard (and maybe Maria), and find out who Whitford is playing in that pic. Wonder if it's a Marvel Comics cameo, or even an actual historical figure.

His name is Agent Flynn, so not a marvel character that I know of. He's Tommy Lee Jones replacement, but doesn't value Peggy and thinks she got where she did because she was Cap's girlfriend.

This is *never* an unreasonable wish. I don't care how contrived it would be; Haley Atwell is a gem and she had the best chemistry with Chris Evans ever. So yes, I too wish Peggy would be brought back to the future young.

Peggy was perfect! When I think of the lost opportunities with her I could just :waa:. Any way they could bring Peggy back, young and beautiful and badass, would be fine by me.

Possibly my favorite Marvel film project yet. This is all so awesome.

I love the poster for that one-shot. It really makes me happy to see Marvel acknowledge what a great job Hayley Atwell did in that role. She managed to be assertive without coming off as b%*chy. She managed to be hot without overselling her sexuality. She even managed to be vulnerable without appearing weak. She was the perfect female protagonist, and I hope future CBM leading ladies follow in her footsteps.

It's so unfortunate that her character has to be relegated to the past, however. I was probably among the few who wished they would just go the cheesy route and have her play Sharon Carter as well. In the end though, it's probably for the best they just give her character more focus in a spinoff rather than inventing a cheap workaround.

Love that it is coming with IM3. Gives me hope there will be some lengthy flashbacks in TWS involving Peggy as well.

I love the poster for that one-shot. It really makes me happy to see Marvel acknowledge what a great job Hayley Atwell did in that role. She managed to be assertive without coming off as b%*chy. She managed to be hot without overselling her sexuality. She even managed to be vulnerable without appearing weak. She was the perfect female protagonist, and I hope future CBM leading ladies follow in her footsteps.

It's so unfortunate that her character has to be relegated to the past, however. I was probably among the few who wished they would just go the cheesy route and have her play Sharon Carter as well. In the end though, it's probably for the best they just give her character more focus in a spinoff rather than inventing a cheap workaround.
She is by far one of the things that has happen to the MCU. Hayley's performance as Peggy Carter was incredible, and you are so right. It is fantastic to see them acknowledge it.

How very Indy of you. :awesome:

Just love how Peggy's story is seemingly keeping the Indy vibe from the first film. Fits with the time period very well imo.

His name is Agent Flynn, so not a marvel character that I know of. He's Tommy Lee Jones replacement, but doesn't value Peggy and thinks she got where she did because she was Cap's girlfriend.

Cool. Where'd you find the info?

It's so unfortunate that her character has to be relegated to the past, however. I was probably among the few who wished they would just go the cheesy route and have her play Sharon Carter as well.

Yes, yes. It's so difficult to play a woman--and Peggy Carter was a WOMAN, not a girl--in these films without coming across as either b****y or b**l busting or just ridiculous, and Hayley nailed it. I also give a lot of credit to Joe Johnston, because he has an eye for beautiful women, who can actually ACT (Jennifer Connelly?). It's so RARE for a comic book movie to have a female character that BOTH men and women LIKE, and want to see more of.

Finally, just becasue I like beating dead horses, it states very clearly in that EW article that they filmed this short over five days. FIVE DAYS. Which is great--I can't wait to see it. But Hayley was in LA for more than 6 weeks, maybe as long as two months. Right there on her Twitter--got there in mid March, left in the days after the IRON MAN 3 premiere. Then was BACK in Cleveland in June to shoot the old Peggy stuff.

I DO think she's Sharon Carter, that they are mixing up the characters traditional roles, and that we are going to see a young Hayley in this film. Marvel would be nuts not to have her back as Sharon Carter. Just IMHO.

Yes, yes. It's so difficult to play a woman--and Peggy Carter was a WOMAN, not a girl--in these films without coming across as either b****y or b**l busting or just ridiculous, and Hayley nailed it. I also give a lot of credit to Joe Johnston, because he has an eye for beautiful women, who can actually ACT (Jennifer Connelly?). It's so RARE for a comic book movie to have a female character that BOTH men and women LIKE, and want to see more of.

Finally, just becasue I like beating dead horses, it states very clearly in that EW article that they filmed this short over five days. FIVE DAYS. Which is great--I can't wait to see it. But Hayley was in LA for more than 6 weeks, maybe as long as two months. Right there on her Twitter--got there in mid March, left in the days after the IRON MAN 3 premiere. Then was BACK in Cleveland in June to shoot the old Peggy stuff.

I DO think she's Sharon Carter, that they are mixing up the characters traditional roles, and that we are going to see a young Hayley in this film. Marvel would be nuts not to have her back as Sharon Carter. Just IMHO.

LA is the hub of the entertainment industry worldwide. There are no end to things a young talented actress could have been doing in LA.

I'd imagine that the cost of making a 20 minute or so short film that is a period piece with some fighting scenes isn't cheap.

I wonder if maybe they decided to do this short because they already had sets and wardrobe made for flashback sequences in Winter Soldier?

LA is the hub of the entertainment industry worldwide. There are no end to things a young talented actress could have been doing in LA.

Or London. Which is her home base, where friends and family reside. Although to be fair, her father does live in the LA area. Just theorizing.

You guys need to get over the Hayley Atwell obsession. She's not playing Sharon Carter.

You guys need to get over the Hayley Atwell obsession. She's not playing Sharon Carter.

Dude, you're on the thread dedicated to Hayley Atwell in this film!

I suggest you sequester your all-knowing, all-seeing self to any of the other interesting threads on this message board.

And leave the rest of us to our mental wallowing in WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN.

What might have been is irrelevant.

I like Atwell a lot, and I'm glad she's coming back for the sequel and getting her own short. But now people are simply convincing themselves that she's Sharon Carter now.

So?

We're also doing it in context of appreciating Haley Atwell's talents in a talent thread.

I don't see why we can't discuss/speculate just how big Atwell's role will be in the MCU.

Party pooper. :oldrazz:

I actually think its creepy that you guys want Hayley Atwell to play Sharon Carter... yeah she did a great job as Peggy but come on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"