PROPOSAL: Marvel Universe RPG

Batman

Dramatic Example
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Masters: That'll be decided within the thread. Personally, while I have no issue with taking part as a GM, I don't think I'd nessecarily be the guy to make every decision. So please, feel free to volunteer if you want to.

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: [email protected] - MSN

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: I'm going to be as honest as I can: we're cutting out all of the bull****. No more continuity discussions, no more specifically trained cutoffs, no more hardlined moment-in-time storyline reliance, and no more arguments about what is and is not still in play in regards to Marvel continuity. This RPG is designed to be only about the essential aspects of the Marvel Universe and nothing else. It is an established Marvel Universe of ten years, every major "classic" beat has happened, and your job is to simply pick up a character and go. The hard specifics of what is in continuity will be decided solely by the GMs, though that power will be exercised rarely, because we're going with the idea that generally everything has happened.

Premise of RPG (Must be a paragraph or longer): As I said above, the larger Marvel Universe has been around and kicking for the better part of a decade. Every major event that you associate with Marvel's characters has happened - Captain America and the Invaders were around in the 40's, while the current generation of heroes started with The Fantastic Four, eventually culminating a rise of heroes like Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Man, ect. The Avengers were founded, Cap was found and unfrozen, Charles Xavier began his school - all of that remains intact and leads right up to the present day. Obviously, there have been a number of controversial storylines in recent years, leading to a decline in general interest. That's why we're being vague about the more undesirable events and storylines that people generally associate with a decline in quality.

That's not to say they've been erased. They just don't have to be brought up. And regardless, most of that stuff has been reversed in one way or another - IE, Spidey unmasking, Steve Rogers being dead, Thor being dead, Bucky becoming Cap and dying, Human Torch dying, Iron Man leading SHIELD, and so on. They've all been pretty much set back to their status quo in the comics, and that in essence reflects the idea of the RPG. You simply have to take the baton of a character in their most classic, 'timeless' state and move ahead with your own storylines. This Year Ten of the universe.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): There's been a clear lack of something for many months, now, and that's the prescence of a mainstream Marvel RPG. We have one for DC, more or less, but Marvel tried a reboot after the first RPG fell into decline due to a confuddled mess and ultimately didn't quite achieve what it set out to. The time has come for a new RPG, not nessecarily a reboot, but merely bringing in a key piece of the puzzle that have been the games over the years. The goal with this is to treat it like when the games first began, and simplify it as best as possible. If people are up for it, we can bring the spirit of Marvel back to the boards - and after that, who knows? This could be opening the floodgates for bigger things, and more importantly, better games.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The "Nuff' Said" Marvel Universe RPG: Season One

Example Of Characters Application:

The "Nuff' Said" Marvel Universe Application

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):

Brief History (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism, it will not be allowed:

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character:

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?:

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

I'm in, and would be willing to help out as an AGM. Got 2 characters in mind.

I support the game, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna play if it gets going.

Not that I don't want to take part, just can't think of any characters I want to play or stories that I want to tell.

I'm in; definently contemplating Fantastic Four and Cap.

You know where this RPG should go? The Marvel Comics forum.

I'm in as well. There's no shortage of great characters or stories to tell. Betcha can't guess who I'm gunning for... :spidey::oldrazz:

It boils down to people competing for Spider-Man... what a shock...

Hey, I haven't put all my eggs in that basket. I've got at least two other characters I'll strongly pursue if someone else wins the (Spider-)day.

Hey, I haven't put all my eggs in that basket. I've got at least two other characters I'll strongly pursue if someone else wins the (Spider-)day.

As do I.:up: In fact, I might not even end up applying for him. Need to weigh my options out.

Oooh! Another game where I can hog Spider-Man to myself! I'm all for it!

In all seriousness, though, I actually want to give someone like the Hulk a try, or maybe Thor. Plus I think it'd just be good to have a Marvel game of any kind going.

I have a few people running through my head. Spidey, Loki, and Thor are my top 3 right now.

How shocking. Thor and Loki are experiencing a spike of popularity after The Avengers. :oldrazz:

(Says the man who wants to kick the tires on Iron Man and Captain America.)

Well, I had an idea for a new Iron Man origin/storyline but since we're not doing new origins that's out. And I'm already playing Cap in OE, so he's out. And X-Men stories almost never gain any traction, so yea. Haha

Ha! Sad to say, but I had the same thought process with the X-Men.

How to run an X-Men story arc in the Hype RPGS:

-X-Men assemble at the Mansion
-Magneto makes a big threatening announcement on national TV
-The X-Men and Brotherhood square off in front of the White House
-Everyone but one guy quits before the fight is over

How to run an X-Men story arc in the Hype RPGS:

-X-Men assemble at the Mansion
-Magneto makes a big threatening announcement on national TV
-The X-Men and Brotherhood square off in front of the White House
-Everyone but one guy quits before the fight is over
Magneto is pretty big on making TV announcements, isn't he?

He should just get his own talk show. Tell me you wouldn't watch Late Night With Magneto.

"Attention, inferior homosapiens! My guest tonight is actor Michael Fassbender, and special musical guest The White Stripes!"

He should just get his own talk show. Tell me you wouldn't watch Late Night With Magneto.

"Attention, inferior homosapiens! My guest tonight is actor Michael Fassbender, and special musical guest The White Stripes!"
Would sure as Hell be better than Leno, anyway.

We need that crazy game back where we just posted crazy crap. I'd totally do a Magneto talk show.

About time Marvel got some lovin'... But sadly, I won't be playing. As you probably have already guessed, I only really want to play Spider-Man, but I can't bring myself to partake in another godforsaken Spidey App-Off. There's only so many times I can lose before it starts to irritate me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"