• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver: Which version did you prefer the most?

I gotta go with ATJ's Quicksilver. His didn't act like Bart Allen during his Impulse days.

Right now I have to go with MCU - I frankly didn't find ATJ's performance anemic (believe some are getting influenced by his admittedly lacking and robotic performance in Godzilla) and his death felt pretty well-done to me.

Fox's was cool and had charisma but he was ultimately a plot-device, that may change in the future because we'll see more of him but right now he's little more than a glorified cameo as opposed to something resembling characterization.

I voted Fox Quicksilver only because I had more fun with that version. As far as how close he is to the comics - I realize that's next to none. However, I think that they made it work and left me wanting more.

Contrast with MCU Quicksilver, he had about twice the screentime of Fox Quicksilver and half the likeability in my opinion. Scarlet Witch had a nice little arc where she seemed to develop and get a little fleshed out, but not so with her brother. He was just there as cannon fodder/a sacrificial lamb to create story development for other characters (Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch).

Overall, I thought MCU Quicksilver was incredibly bland and underutilized. Fox Quicksilver was underutilized, but a great addition to the story and the overall feel of his movie.

I frankly didn't find ATJ's performance anemic (believe some are getting influenced by his admittedly lacking and robotic performance in Godzilla)

I've actually never seen ATJ in anything else, including Godzilla. My opinion of him is based solely on his performance in AoU.

With his power level and personality, foxes quicksilver was just a rebranded flash to me. AoA quicksilvers more realistic limitations and characteristics made him more true to the source material for me. And yet even peters was way more entertaining to watch on screen than ATJ, though both were great in different ways. (DoFP quicksilver was clearly only their to steel the speedster thunder from marvel and WB) so performance wise fox has it, but writing wise it's marvel studios.

A real toss up for me. I go back and forth, but I lean more towards a--quicker because in the moment his is more satisfying, yet leaves you wanting more. X-M:A will either cement him or ruin his popularity.

Both surprised me with how well they were done. Both have different strengths as well. Can't choose.

I liked both quite a bit.

I liked AoU Quicksilver because he had a fun accent, interacted with his sister, and got to be both villainous and heroic in the movie.

I liked DoFP Quicksilver because he had a personality and was fun. He wasn't a traditional hero or comic book character, and had one of the best action scenes in a comic book movie.

So I can't decide.

Last edited:
I've actually never seen ATJ in anything else, including Godzilla. My opinion of him is based solely on his performance in AoU.

He's great in both Kick-Ass movies and Oliver Stone's Savages.

When I went to see AOU again in IMAX last weekend I paid extra close attention to the scenes in which QS were a part of. Now they weren't Emmy winning but they sure as heck weren't a detriment to the film in anyway either. I thought his parts were all really good. Not to mention relevent.

I still think Fox-men fans are just being overprotective of that other film. So by admitting that AOU's QS clearly had more to do, and played the role as Pietro far better, it would somehow weaken Fox-Marvel's position in ranks as if they haven't been gasping for air behind Marvel Studio's and WB to begin with.

I seriously doubt that's changing next year or any time soon.

While DOFP is a superior movie to AOU, the AOU Quicksilver actually had some character development and an established relationship with his sister. The DOFP Quicksilver had a fun scene. Then he was done.

When I went to see AOU again in IMAX last weekend I paid extra close attention to the scenes in which QS were a part of. Now they weren't Emmy winning but they sure as heck weren't a detriment to the film in anyway either. I thought his parts were all really good. Not to mention relevent.

I still think Fox-men fans are just being overprotective of that other film. So by admitting that AOU's QS clearly had more to do, and played the role as Pietro far better, it would somehow weaken Fox-Marvel's position in ranks as if they haven't been gasping for air behind Marvel Studio's and WB to begin with.

I seriously doubt that's changing next year or any time soon.
Ugh not everyone sees things in terms of a Marvel/Fox rivalry so why do people keep bringing us there? The exact same argument can apply to AoU's Quicksilver anyway. Is there are term for the people who are obsessed with movie rights and their squabbles? Rightsists or something?

MCU version because it is the truer to the source material. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Quicksilver scene in DOFP for what it was but let's all be honest, you could have taken any person, gave them a super speed power and gave them the same lines and personality as in DOFP and we wouldn't have known the difference. He was Quicksilver in name only.

Side note: I also enjoyed how the MCU Quicksilver got tired and was fallible.

It's pretty close. Fox's Quicksilver was a lot of fun with one hell of an action sequence. MCU Quicksilver was pretty interesting, or at the very least more than a deus ex machina. Not as humorous but just as likable. I voted for MCU but by a hair.

Ugh not everyone sees things in terms of a Marvel/Fox rivalry so why do people keep bringing us there? The exact same argument can apply to AoU's Quicksilver anyway. Is there are term for the people who are obsessed with movie rights and their squabbles? Rightsists or something?
Yeah well I didn't bring you here, the topic did.

And since the discussion is actually due to "movie right squabbles", singling people out for the "obsession" of it seems rather contradictory if not slightly hypocritical.

Last edited:
Sorry but this is not even a contest. Nearly everyone who watched DoFP named Quicksilver as a real highlight, and the theater where I saw it burst into cheering multiple times at his moves and his humor. Only issue was the obvious solution to nearly every problem in the film being to use him more. Thankfully he is apparently being expanded into a larger role for the next film, Evan Peter's was on the ball for this one.
"So you can control metal? My mom used to know a guy who could do that..."

Aaron Taylor-Johnson did really well, but there was not as much imagination put into how speedster powers would work, and how they would effect people. He caught my attention and he was better integrated into the plot, but it seems that a number of his scenes were cut for time leaving the performance and the character feeling incomplete. Those added scenes could have pushed this the other way for me, but as it is Peter wins the race by a mile and we will get to see even more of him in the future.

Now the question becomes what will be the next cast member from Kick-Ass to land the coveted role of Quicksilver: Clark Duke for the wit, Mark Strong for an older take, or Chloe Grace Moretz for a gender swap ;)

I also enjoyed how the MCU Quicksilver got tired and was fallible.

I liked this also, I thought it was an interesting tidbit to the character.

side note: I liked both.

Sorry but this is not even a contest. Nearly everyone who watched DoFP named Quicksilver as a real highlight, and the theater where I saw it burst into cheering multiple times at his moves and his humor. Only issue was the obvious solution to nearly every problem in the film being to use him more. Thankfully he is apparently being expanded into a larger role for the next film, Evan Peter's was on the ball for this one.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson did really well, but there was not as much imagination put into how speedster powers would work, and how they would effect people. He caught my attention and he was better integrated into the plot, but it seems that a number of his scenes were cut for time leaving the performance and the character feeling incomplete. Those added scenes could have pushed this the other way for me, but as it is Peter wins the race by a mile and we will get to see even more of him in the future.

Now the question becomes what will be the next cast member from Kick-Ass to land the coveted role of Quicksilver: Clark Duke for the wit, Mark Strong for an older take, or Chloe Grace Moretz for a gender swap ;)

I actually thought Quicksilver's supposed "breakout" scene in DOFP was sort of stupid. He hits play on his walkman and listens to Time in a Bottle. In real time. All the while moving faster than bullets.

And then inexplicably Mr. Deus Ex Machina is removed from the remainder of the film when he could have resolved every conflict effortlessly.

But that's just bad writing. I thought Peters was entertaining in the role. It was just a different character altogether. He didn't resemble the real Quicksilver at all. Whereas Taylor-Johnson actually played Pietro Maximoff. Which to me makes Taylor-Johnson's version the automatic winner.

I liked his Quicksilver, but I hated that line. It was so forced. It just hammered home how much it wasn't the same origin story.

Gotta give it to DOFP.

Pietro was great in the beginning, but I felt his scenes for the rest of the film were random and his dialogue (or merely Taylor-Johnson's accent) eventually got messy.

Brief wtf moment when he was shot in the arm. Small gripe, but it felt so out of place.

The only thing I didn't like about ATJ was his Count Chocula accent.
But man, this poll is close! I would've thought "Peter" would have won easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"