Rate and Review Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Reaction score
For those who attended the world premiere and went to advance screenings, post your review from straight from your visit to Quantumania here. Spoilers in tags as always.

Hmm. I don't think it's one of the worst mcu films ever. But the characters are just bland, and nothing really stood out to me.

I'll give a siX.

6/10

The bad
Its hilarious that Michelle Pfeiffer had so many opportunities to warn the others about Kang but decided to be calm. Just why?
The movie itself is 90 % in CGI and its really doesnt look good
Cassie becoming the manifestitation of a Twitter Social Justice Warrior
I feel already tired about Kang after seeing the credit scenes
Why was Bill Murray in this movie? He is in one scene, and was 100 % delete scene material
Some jokes were really lame and cringe, specially MODOKs last scene
I dont care for the nomads in Quantum realm, I also dont remember a single name of them
Hope and Scott speak just like 5 lines in the whole movie to each other

The good
It has some really cool moments for Scott
the millions of Ant-Man scene
, Hank
Ant-Army arrives
and Janet
confrontation with Kang
In the end fight I was really scared
I was sure AM&W had to stay in Quantum realm
Majors really nailed his scenes as Kang

Honestly, I enjoyed it more than Wakanda Forever. Kang and MODOK were my favorite parts.

It's flawed, but I enjoyed it for the most part.

It's a different MODOK from the comics but I at least appreciate that they put MODOK in an MCU movie and he looks like MODOK.

That was rough.

Guess i'll start by repeating what everyone else has been saying, yes, Kang is by far the best part, Jonathan Majors has such a commanding presence i was glued to the screen everytime he showed up. Rudd is obviously very charismatic and Michelle Pfeiffer had more to do which was nice and uh...MODOK was kinda funny. Guess thats about it for my positives.

Everything else in this movie feels so bland and uninteresting, nothing in this is in service to the characters, Scott, Hope, Hank and Cassie all feel sidelined to help Feige and Co. sell the audience on the next decade of The MCU Machine and honestly i dont care at this point, i just want good movies, not commercials.

Honestly feeling a 5 right now.

Just got back. Bottom line, I thought it was loads of fun. If anything, it needed to lean more into comedy and goofiness than it did; it’s at its weakest when it tries to do drama but fortunately there’s plenty to look at when it does. I haven’t seen Wakanda Forever but of the rest of the post-Endgame slate this is my favorite so far. 8/10.

6/10

The bad

The movie itself is 90 % in CGI and its really doesnt look good
Yeap this was the biggest turnoff for me from watching the trailers alone. I also hate every helmet in the MCU is magic and appears and reappears instantly.

I'd give it a solid 7/10.

I enjoyed it WAY MORE than Love and Thunder and it moves the overall storyline along for the Multiverse-phase.

The main issue I had with the film was it needed some tightening up while also more multiverse exposition.

I didnt need MODOK/Darren to be "redeemed", it felt forced and a lot of it should've been cut.

I also didn't understand why in the final fight between Kang & Antman....he didnt use ANY of his gadgets that would've helped him just the tiniest bit fighting Kang 1:1

The CGI overall...was it top tier? No. But it was bearable for me though they should've found more of a way to keep half of the film looking as natural as possible.

I've noticed that when Marvel first started it was trying to go for a more grounded feel and while there was always CGI, it felt very realistic for the most part. Jump to the Marvel of today and we are doing movies that are primarily CGI and the trend of "cute alien" that we can market for merch has become an annoying staple.

Its hilarious that Michelle Pfeiffer had so many opportunities to warn the others about Kang but decided to be calm. Just why?

That was very realistic imo. The part that didnt make sense and should've been re-done..
The ending. They had Scott play down the entire thing with what Kang told him. It should've ended with Scott at a meeting with some Avengers and telling them everything that happened so they can at least look more into it and be prepared.

Also the lack of Maggie at the dinner was a lil annoying.

Lack of Maggie and his freinds overall took out the little bit of normalcy that the film needed.

I read like two posts and you crazy gals and guys have a funny idea about how to tag a spoiler. :funny:

Seeing it tomorrow at a Cinemark 3D XD.....hasta manana....(I don't know how to put the tilde over the n) and I don't want to annoy the great @MissMarvelous and ask again because she might not be my Thunder Buddy after telling me how to do it about 10 times.

Just got back from seeing this and to me this is a 7/10. I think this is going to have better re-watchability factor than some of the recent projects (L&T). The CG was decent but it really could've used more practical sets. Majors is a force as Kang and there was an epic feel to every scene he is in. Paul Rudd is just so damn likeable but he also brought the intensity in this outing, which was awesome. Best part for me was
when Hank shows up with the ant army which is a very Ant-Man thing to do and reminded me of the episode 'Man of Tomorrow' from A:EMH where he does a similar thing with cockroaches and overwhelms Kang.

This was an enjoyable watch and plays better than what the RT score indicates.

I'd probably give it a 7/10

Did I love it? No but I really enjoy this corner of the MCU and I just love the Ant Family. I definitely missed the other supporting characters like Maggie and Luis and the fun sequences involving shrinking, enlarging, etc were missed. Didn't really get a ton of those like we did in the first two films. Each of the main 5 characters had moments to shine and I thought Newton did a good job of bringing this older Cassie to life.

I almost clapped when Hope showed up and pretty much saved Scott's life

Bill Murray was kinda fun in his brief appearance and it was cool to finally see MODOK in live action but they did drop the ball a little bit there.

Some moments that probably give you an eye roll but I can overlook those when it's an Ant-Man film.

Just got back from seeing this and to me this is a 7/10. I think this is going to have better re-watchability factor than some of the recent projects (L&T). The CG was decent but it really could've used more practical sets. Majors is a force as Kang and there was an epic feel to every scene he is in. Paul Rudd is just so damn likeable but he also brought the intensity in this outing, which was awesome. Best part for me was
when Hank shows up with the ant army which is a very Ant-Man thing to do and reminded me of the episode 'Man of Tomorrow' from A:EMH where he does a similar thing with cockroaches and overwhelms Kang.

This was an enjoyable watch and plays better than what the RT score indicates.
Well said. Definitely one of the more recent ones I can see myself rewatching more often

I gave it a 5, I do have my 2nd showing though but this one felt like an hour worth movie. It had that long tv show feel and I wasn't into anything until Kang appeared which seemed like 1 hour in.

That was rough.

Guess i'll start by repeating what everyone else has been saying, yes, Kang is by far the best part, Jonathan Majors has such a commanding presence i was glued to the screen everytime he showed up. Rudd is obviously very charismatic and Michelle Pfeiffer had more to do which was nice and uh...MODOK was kinda funny. Guess thats about it for my positives.

Everything else in this movie feels so bland and uninteresting, nothing in this is in service to the characters, Scott, Hope, Hank and Cassie all feel sidelined to help Feige and Co. sell the audience on the next decade of The MCU Machine and honestly i dont care at this point, i just want good movies, not commercials.

Honestly feeling a 5 right now.

Hope has never been a good character, not in the comics or in the movies. All she does is react in this movie.

Thought it was fine. Nothing mind blowing but nowhere near the worst one either. Things and dialogue often felt forced. Kang is easily the best part of the film.

I think we need a seperate thread to discuss Kang with spoilers. I'm starting to get confused.

I read like two posts and you crazy gals and guys have a funny idea about how to tag a spoiler. :funny:

Seeing it tomorrow at a Cinemark 3D XD.....hasta manana....(I don't know how to put the tilde over the n) and I don't want to annoy the great @MissMarvelous and ask again because she might not be my Thunder Buddy after telling me how to do it about 10 times.

Don't worry... here: "hasta mañana"

Prior to watching Quantumaina, I watch both Ant-Man films. To reacquaint myself with Scott and company.

This film is ambitious in comparison to the previous two installments and director Peyton Reed goes to great lengths to capitalize on using the volume soundstage that is used for the new Star Wars production.

I liked the cast . I thought that both Jonathan and Michelle were the standouts. Glad to see Michael was also more involved this time around. Once more Paul Rudd brings his unique talents and style to Scott Lang. New recruit Kathy as Cassie is great new additional player to the family and I look forward to seeing her becoming her own unique hero in the young Avengers.

the effects at times were a sight to behold and other times it was a bit unsettling.

the two post credit scenes definitely are good and set things up on where thing are heading.

7/10

Just out of the cinema now, and found it to be decent enough fare that went by quickly. I'm not sure where the setting up future films criticism is coming from as I found it stood on its own for better or worse. It's a criticism I've seen from typically shill sites, so I assume Disney didn't roll out the red carpet for them.

2 major criticisms would be the state of the MODOK effects (I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of the late reshoots where they purposely dump on the character because they knew it was bad) and the ending, which I understand was reshot very late in the day (evident by one of the actors' hair colour). Seriously - it's possibly the worst ending to a film I've seen in the franchise or any film for a long time.

For the speed in which it went by alone while keeping me reasonably engaged I'd give it a 6/10. Would have been a 7 or even higher if not for that ending, Jesus.

NKi4nTf.jpg

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

When that goop thingy was talking about holes, he was talking about this script.

MY FULL REVIEW
2.5/5

Saw it last night.

It was quite enjoyable...on par with the first two films. If I rank the Ant Man films, it is:
1. Ant Man
2. Quantumania
3. Ant Man and the Wasp

But I must say...after 30+ movies and 4 phases....kicking off Phase 5 with the same old feel "been there, done that" with the same tone, same humor, complete with the same big 3rd act CGI-fest explosion would only exhausting the fandom or mainstream audiences even more, imo.

Even for big Marvel fan like me, I seriously think MCU desperately needs to break their formula and needs refreshment.

8 / 10

Last edited:
And I am not sold on Kang with his first appearance here (his variant in Loki S1 doesn't count as they are practically a different character).

Not that he is bad or something...he is quite menacing and give a glimpse of what he could do in greater scale of things....but I was quite underwhelmed by the way Marvel try to sell him as the next big villain in Phase 5 and 6 here.
Maybe his next appearance will more make impact for me.

I must have watched a different movie than the critics, because this was a good friggin movie. What certain youtubers said about this film couldn't be further from the truth. I feel like every character had their own shining moment. It was a fun, action filled, CGI spectacle (which is not a criticism). Jonathan Majors is a worthy addition to this saga, and I can't wait to see him kick more butt in future movies.

I have a few minor gripes, like the absence of a certain fan favorite character. But my biggest gripe is a spoiler...

Kang is meant to be the next Thanos level threat of a villain, but the first 2 variants we've met, were defeated pretty easily, without the Avengers. So hopefully this "Council of Kangs" puts up a bigger fight. And I really hope it's later revealed that this version of Kang isn't actually dead.

Overall, a solid 8/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"