Justice League Ray Fisher Is Victor Stone/Cyborg

queendarkness12

The Queenmaker
Reaction score
I know he has a thread on his own movie, but Rayborg is deserving of a thread for himself.

Everything you need to know about the half-man and half-machine character.

Rayborg will be a hit with fans and might be more of a fan favourite than Batman in the future.

I'll chime in. I like Cyborg. I really do. He's one of my favorite teen titans and I have no issues with him being in the league...but not this soon. As this is the first bigscreen justice league, I think he's an odd fit for the roster. All of the others are established members who you need for a first film. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman. Green Lantern is supposedly going to appear too along with Cyborg. But why Cyborg? Why not another female? As is, it's a little sausagefesty. Why not martian manhunter? He's an founding member in nearly every iteration. I get the diversity thing. I'm a black man, myself so representation is always nice to see but I feel like Cyborg is not necessarily that guy. I'd rather them use Jon Stewart Green Lantern.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be great to see live action Cyborg, I just feel like he might've been better suited to be in whatever the second iteration of the team will be. Afterall, if this works long enough, a second version can happen. I mean, Marvel is going to have a chance to have a second Avengers team in their films, there's no reason why it can't happen with DC.

I think they left Martian Manhunter out, both here and in the New 52, because he's a bit too overpowered. He is very much like Superman and they probably thought they needed a character like Cyborg who is more grounded so to speak. As far as diversity goes, sure, obviously Cyborg fulfills that quota, but he also brings an interesting dynamic. He isn't like most of the others who can just take their costumes off and blend in with the crowd. He is viewed by the public as a freak no matter where he goes. Plus, add the fact that he is the youngest member which more or less makes him like the Spider-Man of the group. Cyborg has huge potential and I'm not sure I'm okay with how many people view him as the token black guy on the team, especially a team that's clearly not comprised of typical Caucasian heroes. Only Clark and Bruce fulfill that quota, and if we get Jordan as GL, there's three. The other 4 certainly don't scream of lack of diversity. I like Vic and I hope they do him justice.

Last edited:
I hope to see the Teen Titans cartoon personaility from Cyborg.

Bromance confirmed!

12968551_10154802333815884_1458818595_n.jpg

12966042_10154802333810884_1969097067_n.jpg

#BORGLIFE in the sea :sly:

I'll chime in. I like Cyborg. I really do. He's one of my favorite teen titans and I have no issues with him being in the league...but not this soon. As this is the first bigscreen justice league, I think he's an odd fit for the roster. All of the others are established members who you need for a first film. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman. Green Lantern is supposedly going to appear too along with Cyborg. But why Cyborg? Why not another female? As is, it's a little sausagefesty. Why not martian manhunter? He's an founding member in nearly every iteration. I get the diversity thing. I'm a black man, myself so representation is always nice to see but I feel like Cyborg is not necessarily that guy. I'd rather them use Jon Stewart Green Lantern.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be great to see live action Cyborg, I just feel like he might've been better suited to be in whatever the second iteration of the team will be. Afterall, if this works long enough, a second version can happen. I mean, Marvel is going to have a chance to have a second Avengers team in their films, there's no reason why it can't happen with DC.

Why Cyborg? You know why. You even stated it. It's cuz he's black (and I'm black too, btw). Plus, there is so much story potential with him. I'm more than satisfied with Cyborg over a Superman copy like Martian Manhunter.

Oh, and I want Terrio to do Cyborg. They could go into a fun, not too dark, but deep exploration of what it means to be a cyborg, how that affects a person physically and psychologically, how a person adjusts to that, and how that affects someone when they fully embrace that machine aspect of themselves and then push themselves to the limit of their functionality, and how that changes a person. Think Prophet from the Crysis FPS series. There's so much potential with Cyborg imo. And that's why I'm all for Cyborg being a part of the Justice League.

Last edited:
I hope the writers use his current book as source material. Cyborg: Unplugged was a good start at revamping and actually building his solo mythos instead of the retread of him being inextricably tied to the Titans/Justice League.

Hope they go with this look and characterization. Hope he is actually a funny character. I grew up watching this as a pre-teen. He was my favourite character on the show. Well all of them were

latest

He should also has his own car. T-CAR… this was pretty cool tbh.
latest

New 52 Cyborg isn't really all that funny. But they said him and Flash would be buds, so he probably will provide some comedy in the movies.

New 52 Cyborg isn't really all that funny. But they said him and Flash would be buds, so he probably will provide some comedy in the movies.

Yea but New 52 is gone completely after the reboot coming. Plus they need humour and positivity.

Read the Cyborg books (there's only two volumes). Also read what's in store for the character in Rebirth. I like where DC is headed with the character. He's a black, funnier version of Adam Jensen. And his powers are working like John Connor's in Genysis.

Cyborg brings a lot to the table.

Yea but New 52 is gone completely after the reboot coming. Plus they need humour and positivity.

Yep, and since Hal isn't there to offer that, they would do it with Cyborg and Flash.

Hopefully it's gonna be us on Tuesday.

The guy radiates charisma. He should be a kick-ass Vic Stone.

BOOYAH!
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_XQXmsOPCQ[/YT]

really love fisher's enthusiasm. and with his theater background, i wouldn't be surprised if he's an absolute scene stealer/breakout star of the film. i was pretty lukewarm to johns having cyborg taking j'onn j'onnz place in the league back when the new 52 launched, but like a lot of people, i'm pretty excited to see what a genuine talent, which fisher seems to be, can bring to a live action version of the character.

"Cyborg’s costume is being created digitally from the neck down but still has to be designed. Not a lot of Victor Stone from the neck down."

"Cyborg is using technology that he got from one of the Mother Boxes which was shown in Batman v Superman. His technology is mysterious and he discovers his “gun arm” in the film."

"Cyborg’s suit can enlarge when provoked or when he goes into battle mode."

"We’ll see Cyborg in civilian clothes during parts of the film. I think he wears sweatpants."

I like the sound of that. So it is organic metal that transform and get bigger.

I'm worried, they didnt even mention how much of an ICON he is with DC. :nrv:

Wait will he still have the eye piece and the metal robotic portions on his face?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"