The Wolverine Rila Fukushima as Yukio

I wouldn't mind Hugh taking it easy on the weights. I appreciate him taking that very seriously, but he looked fine in X1 and he was much smaller there. He doesn't come across as the kind of guy to let that slide though.

As for Yukio, I hope to god she's in the sequel. Rila is fantastic with Hugh. It'd be fun to do more with her, she is quite enticingly crazy and that could develop into great things.

Last edited:
I hope Hugh can go on for a few more films yet, he's got better with the role with age, but even he has admitted its getting tough at his age getting into shape for each one and the time it takes away from his family he cant do it for too many more years but they just need to make em faster:woot:

IMO, he doesn't even need to really get in shape, like big muscles and everything that he did for The Wolverine. His diet for The Wolverine sounds really extreme.

You're definetly the only one thinking that. They're not rebooting this series with new actors any time soon. Everyone talks about this series as if they're coming back for more. I mean Anna Paquin and even James Marsden. He's asked about Cyvlops and he talks about the role as if its still going on. Other actors would say "I'm done with that role" but these people seem excited about the future.

seriously Trek 09 screwed with your head, this isn't the same thing as that. If Hugh is coming back for another Wolverine film, you honestly think a year later they will introduce like Karl Urban as Wolverine in an X-film? Come on. These are the X-Men of this franchise. Just because they use time travel doesnt mean peoples faces will start changing.

People have talked about Hugh being near end of run of wolverine.

Whatever happens with DOFP the next solo film could still be set
In old timeline prior to events of DOFP with future with sentinles and creation of new timeline

It's possable James Mangold wanted to do sequel to the wolverine and since
Hugh was willing to do it to work with him again fox agreed to get hugh to do another film
even if event of DOFP makes events of next wolverine not part of new timeline
this way the door is possibly open for yukio to return however if film Is set
In new timeline created by time travel mission of DOFP
that becomes less likely.

Who said its near his end as the character? That's speculation. Hes already doing The Wolv sequel and hes starring in the new upcoming x flick. I just dont see a shred of evidence point Ing to recasting for anyone except young jean/scott/storm

Yukio's smiling during the extended ninja scene fight scene while she's about to mow down some ninjas was demented, but very Yukio.

Last edited:
I have no problem with this, she's awesome. It is amusing that WB seems to be swiping X-actresses left and right. First Tao was cast in Batman v. Superman and now Rila in Arrow. Next up, Famke Janssen cast in Constantine. :cwink:

I thought Rila had a lot of charisma in the movie. I would say I'm interested in seeing how they do Tatsu's character (super serious or otherwise, last I saw of the character was in the Beware the Batman animated TV show where I liked the voice actress there a lot with the humor as well) but I gave up on watching Arrow for Season 3. Maybe I'll just see her scenes on my Hulu subscription when they're online.

Obscurity is worse than being typecast. Yukio!

dfiqO9o.png

Tatsu Yamashiro (Katana) on Beware The Batman

I loved Rila. I thought she brought a lot of spunk to the role and, frankly, I think she's very attractive.

Hope to see more of her in the next Wolverine movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"