RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

RIP to Dave Prowse who played the best villain to ever grace the Silver Screen... :waa:

I was lucky enough to meet him at a small sci-fi event in Northern Ireland a few years ago. I wouldn't usually have the courage to go up to them and say “hello” but this time I thought I should.
And I got a signed photograph of Darth Vader personalised for me and a photo of me with the man himself.
I was being very careful not to put my arm over or around him as to respect his personal space and all that malarkey.
Then he says to me in his delightful West Country accent “Put your arm around me boy!”
A very happy day for me, he was delightful...

Hands the size of small shovels that man had! :D

3J49rGi.jpeg

Prowse with Guiness prepping for the duel between Ben and Vader, 1976.

BduboAp.png

On Star Wars set.

f9k2Vcq.jpeg

Star Wars cast out of costumes : Harrison Ford (Han Solo), David Prowse (Darth Vader), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Kenny Baker (R2-D2). cca 1977 - colorized by jecinci

yvHiM1E.jpeg

Ford and Prowse on the set of Empire, 1980.

cBnpKXm.jpg

EOXp3vQ.jpeg

RIP David Prowse. He also trained Christopher Reeves for the first Superman movie. He helped contribute to Vader’s menace with his huge and imposing figure and he will be missed.

Last edited:
RIP David Prowse. A real legend who never truly got the credit he deserved for his role in making such an iconic character as Darth Vader. But he is definitely going to be remembered. Super bummed about this one. :csad:

Am I right in recalling that Prowse wanted to do the voice of Darth Vader but Lucas overruled that because he didn't want him sounding like a farmer?

RIP, he did the role well. Most people are more familiar with James doing the vocals but Prowse brought the physicality.

RIP David Prowse

We’ve lost far too many of the original Star Wars main cast over the past several years. Now it’s just Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Anthony Daniels and James Earl Jones left. :csad:

RIP Kirby Morrow.
RIP Herb Solow.
RIP Diego Maradona.
RIP David Prowse.

Many legends...

So Prowse also auditioned for the role of Superman? They could've brought him back as Nuclear Man for Superman IV.

Also I'm surprised he never played a Bond villain.

wow talk about right in the childhood. I had the chance to meet this legend back in the early to mid 90s. the channel FX was new at this time and they had a show where they went across the country and visited people's collections of pop culture stuff. and once a a year they had a collectibles show that toured the country and one of them was in Orlando (we were living near Daytona Beach at the time). and once a year they would have a group of actors/actress show up for a themed meet and greet. One year it was Star wars and they had props from the movie, costumes and stuff like that. and they had actors from it doing autographs and they had him, Jeremy Bulloch (Boba), Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew. My little brother got autographs on Star Wars figures of all of them except Kenny (he did not have enough for all).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"