• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ryan Reynolds speaks indirectly on Green Lantern since Box Office flop

How is "cock juggling thunder****" not awesome? Reynolds and Posey were the only good things about Blade Trinity.

All his movies are weak scripts though.

You people keep saying how good he is, yet he doesn't have one single bonafide hit to his name.

Blade 3 sucked because of the story, but Ryan Reynolds was like Ryan Reynolds like he always is, but on steroids, seriously he wouldn't shut up . I know thats the character , but he wasn't funny and it came across annoying.

He was good in Buried,i haven't seen it but i guess thats his one movie to his name he can fall back on....Not saying much but better than nothing i guess.

IDK how anyone can be considered a great actor if all he does is movies that flop and aren't good.

Again maybe he can act , but he has yet to prove he can be in a good movie, untill than he will just be another run of the mill Hollywood actor, who fizzles in no time.

The same way that Sam Worthington and Keanu Reeves are considered whack actors but have been in some good and entertaining movies, Avatar and The Matrix respectively.

Reynolds is good but needs to pick better scripts.

And you really should see Buried.

I really don't understand why some modern Hollywood execs think story, character ect and action special effects movies don't mix.

Hollywood Execs thing the whole dark and gritty is what worked with Nolans Batman and should be used with other superheroes when what they should of taken from Nolans Batman is plot and characters is what matters.

You get the plot, characters and the big special effects you will win people over sure enough.

I like Reynolds.

Thought he was great in The Amityville Horror and Waiting seemed to be written for him as he was the best part of that movie.

Hopefully R.I.P.D. does better with the likes of Bridges and Bacon on board.

How is "cock juggling thunder****" not awesome? Reynolds and Posey were the only good things about Blade Trinity.

Maybe if you are in the 5th grade, might you find them actually funny or good.

Besides it was a Blade film, not a Judd Apatow film there shouldn't have been two characters who were pretty much there for comic relief.

The same way that Sam Worthington and Keanu Reeves are considered whack actors but have been in some good and entertaining movies, Avatar and The Matrix respectively.

Reynolds is good but needs to pick better scripts.

And you really should see Buried.

Avatar is tremdously overated, and ill say this much about Keannu Reeves, id much rather watch a film with him in it than Ryan Reynolds.

Say what you wan't about Reeves, but he has been in some good movies in his career, so he has obviously doing something right as Reynolds is hyped up to be so talented yet he hasn't made one good movie.

Again, it doesn't matter how much skill he has or will have if he does bad movies.

Avatar is tremdously overated, and ill say this much about Keannu Reeves, id much rather watch a film with him in it than Ryan Reynolds.

Say what you wan't about Reeves, but he has been in some good movies in his career, so he has obviously doing something right as Reynolds is hyped up to be so talented yet he hasn't made one good movie.

Again, it doesn't matter how much skill he has or will have if he does bad movies.

So really the problem isn't how talented he is, but his selection of movie scripts. Which I would agree with. Reeves is considered a mediocre to bad actor but knows how to pick scripts. Them being a success doesn't necessarily mean he's a good actor.

Hey Reynolds, you how to stop Twitter and Facebook bad word of mouth?...tell studios to stop making bad movies to bad mouth, simple.

And as for you Mr. "sexiest man alive" I guess it clearly demonstrates that regardless of how much fanboy love and praise you receive on comicbook message boards and regardless of how many women want to have your baby it doesn't mean squat because those very same fanboys who seem to want you to play every superhero in existence and for every woman who wants to get in your bed they will still throw your butt under the bus and to the wolves the first chance they get, and those green C.G.I tights can't overcome that and your latest romantic comedy bomb also proves that.

Pick some better scripts dude and stop blaming it on movie studios, Twitter and Facebook.

Last edited:
He's not outright blaming... more like making logical deductions :dry:

Hey Reynolds, you how to stop Twitter and Facebook bad word of mouth?...tell studios to stop making bad movies to bad mouth, simple.

And as for you Mr. "sexiest man alive" I guess it clearly demonstrates that regardless of how much fanboy love and praise you receive on comicbook message boards and regardless of how many women want to have your baby it doesn't mean squat because those very same fanboys who seem to want you to play every superhero in existence and for every woman who wants to get in your bed they will still throw your butt under the bus and to the wolves the first chance they get, and those green C.G.I tights can't overcome that and your latest romantic comedy bomb also proves that.

Pick some better scripts dude and stop blaming it on movie studios, Twitter and Facebook.
His last romantic comedy bomb? Wasn't his last romantic comedy The Proposal that grossed a ****ton?

Keanu Reeves isn't the greatest technical actor, but he brings more to the table than just a good taste in scripts. He's naturally funny. He projects easy likableness. And he knows how to share a scene with co-stars. He's a genuine assett in the Bill and Ted movies, Parenthood, Speed, Point Break, The Matrix, and much of his independent work.

He's not outright blaming... more like making logical deductions :dry:

Yeah well I was making a logical deduction too, and if you ask me Reynolds needs to do exactly like his latest movie title says and 'change up' his movie selection habits.

Yeah well I was making a logical deduction too, and if you ask me Reynolds needs to do exactly like his latest movie title says and 'change up' his movie selection habits.

If he enjoys making the kinds of movies he's making, why should he choose different ones? He gets payed regardless.

If he enjoys making the kinds of movies he's making, why should he choose different ones? He gets payed regardless.
Hey I didn't say he should make different movies, just his habits of selecting bad ones. If he wants to do romantic comedies fine just make sure you pick a good one, if he wants to do superheroes then do that, just pick a good one.

And if you want my opinion....Deadpool ain't it, so he needs to stop reading all the fanboy hype about wanting him to do it and make a decision based on quality of script and not based upon his own self proclaimed love of that character and fanboy pleading.

You need to read the Deadpool script then. It's genius. One of the smartest comic book movie scripts i've ever read.

You need to read the Deadpool script then. It's genius. One of the smartest comic book movie scripts i've ever read.
Well if it's a good script then I say go for it, but I'll also say this, they better put the word X-Men in front of the characters name to give it some visibility and they better make sure the release date is somewhere in February or the holiday season and not sandwiched in between Transformers 4 and Iron Man 3 smack dab in the middle of summer or Ryan Reynolds 'Deadpool' and the "smartest comicbook movie scripts I've ever read" won't mean diddly.

Deadpool as far as I'm concerned (great script or not) is similar to Green Lantern, the comicbook geeks might be foaming at the mouth for it but the general audience couldn't care less about it.

Last edited:
From the DC Boards

His comment also gives light to the explanation of the embargo on movie reviews placed by Warner Bros on Green Lantern a week before it's release.

Also apparently, his new movie "The Change-Up" is currently getting hammered with negative reviews at 27% right now almost similar to GL.

The first weekend when I was tracking Twitter, I didn't see that many people saying the movie sucked. I think it was the reviews and lack of interest that resulted in the current box office numbers.

I don't believe Ryan Reynolds was indirectly saying Green Lantern is a bad movie and sucks. I believe that he was talking about bad movies in general and not referring to Green Lantern as one, and some people are misinterpreting that quote as a reference to Green Lantern.

No chance for a sequel eh? How can you have a sequel when the lead star is not enthusiastic anymore...

When Kara Warner asked him in August where he would like a Green Lantern sequel to go, he said, "It's infinite. There's 70 years of history there, so you could go anywhere. So we'll see."
It sounds like he's actually still enthusiastic for a Green Lantern sequel but just uncertain if there will be one at this time.
"I have no idea, that's not up to me. I don't write those checks. And if I did I certainly wouldn't be standing on a red carpet, I would be sunning myself somewhere."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/08/03/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-green-lantern/

Going forward with a Green Lantern sequel is what is being considered by Warner Brothers Film Group President Jeff Robinov, not reintroducing Green Lantern all over again from scratch.
"I don't believe there is superhero fatigue. Every year there are half a dozen or more horror films and comedies. Superheroes have become a genre of their own and if you deliver, there's an audience. We had a decent opening so we learned there is an audience. To go forward we need to make it a little edgier and darker with more emphasis on action. And we have to find a way to balance the time the movie spends in space versus on Earth."
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2011/08/comic-book-bites-captain-ameri.html

Let Reynolds do Deadpool.
Ryan Reynolds said Deadpool is in development still. He wants to play both characters.
"There’s no rule that says you can’t play two different characters in two different comic book universes."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/07/2...e-against-playing-deadpool-and-green-lantern/

Last edited:
I don't believe Ryan Reynolds was indirectly saying Green Lantern is a bad movie and sucks. I believe that he was talking about bad movies in general and not referring to Green Lantern as one, and some people are misinterpreting that quote as a reference to Green Lantern.

When Kara Warner asked him in August where he would like a Green Lantern sequel to go, he said, "It's infinite. There's 70 years of history there, so you could go anywhere. So we'll see."
It sounds like he's actually still enthusiastic for a Green Lantern sequel but just uncertain if there will be one at this time.
"I have no idea, that's not up to me. I don't write those checks. And if I did I certainly wouldn't be standing on a red carpet, I would be sunning myself somewhere."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/08/03/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-green-lantern/

Going forward with a Green Lantern sequel is what is being considered by Warner Brothers Film Group President Jeff Robinov, not reintroducing Green Lantern all over again from scratch.
"I don't believe there is superhero fatigue. Every year there are half a dozen or more horror films and comedies. Superheroes have become a genre of their own and if you deliver, there's an audience. We had a decent opening so we learned there is an audience. To go forward we need to make it a little edgier and darker with more emphasis on action. And we have to find a way to balance the time the movie spends in space versus on Earth."
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2011/08/comic-book-bites-captain-ameri.html

Ryan Reynolds said Deadpool is in development still. He wants to play both characters.
"There’s no rule that says you can’t play two different characters in two different comic book universes."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/07/2...e-against-playing-deadpool-and-green-lantern/

If Reynolds was still enthusiastic with the franchise he would directly say "yes" and went to the movie's Australia premiere as if it's a priority. But he didn't.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...emiere-in-sydney/story-e6frewz0-1226111922674

Well if it's a good script then I say go for it, but I'll also say this, they better put the word X-Men in front of the characters name to give it some visibility and they better make sure the release date is somewhere in February or the holiday season and not sandwiched in between Transformers 4 and Iron Man 3 smack dab in the middle of summer or Ryan Reynolds 'Deadpool' and the "smartest comicbook movie scripts I've ever read" won't mean diddly.

Deadpool as far as I'm concerned (great script or not) is similar to Green Lantern, the comicbook geeks might be foaming at the mouth for it but the general audience couldn't care less about it.

Fair points. But I think with Deadpool they aiming it as a hard R action movie with a smaller budget. Not a 100 million dollar summer superhero blockbuster. Which is what the character needs if he isn't to be watered down.

I think Reynolds' exact words were "cheap and nasty".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"