Schumacher: "Kilmer Is the Best Batman"

Not really. It's a theory on who the Joker was at that point in the film. He is ever evolving as the film progresses. And they peel back layers of him, subtely.

It's actual MAIN purpose was giving the moral ambiguous idea of how Bruce would later catch the agent of chaos, who creates havoc for sport.

"Burn the forrest down"

As smell said, Alfred just assumed. He said 'perhaps', not because he knew police files or psychological profiles, but simply because he, like everyone else , didnt see any reasoning or sense behind Joker's actions so he simply assumed 'what if theres none'?

He robbed a bank. That's pretty much all he did up to that point. (apart from torturing the fake Batman).

The "tangerine" speech came out of nowhere to explain to the audience what Joker was about. Alfred had absolutely no reason to assume Joker is a guy who just likes to "watch the world burn". Again, he robbed a bank of millions of dollars. It's called spoon feeding.

He robbed a bank. That's pretty much all he did up to that point. (apart from torturing the fake Batman).

The "tangerine" speech came out of nowhere to explain to the audience what Joker was about. Alfred had absolutely no reason to assume Joker is a guy who just likes to "watch the world burn". Again, he robbed a bank of millions of dollars. It's called spoon feeding.

Again, everyone knew Joker was robbing banks. Cops, Batman and Alfred knew he was stilling fortune from the mob and was great in it. If he wanted money, hed continue what he was doing. If he wanted power, hed go after mob, so his actions on TV didnt make sense. So when theres no logic behind his actions, one person simply says what if there is NO reason? And that person also heard about someone who did things just for gigs. I dont see anything wrong here

He also killed a bunch of people like Judge and Loeb, crashed Dent's party, and all in the name of just wanting Batman to unmask. Not to mention he is dressed like a scary clown who calls himself The Joker. If he wanted money he could continue on just robbing the banks. Why go to all this hassle over Batman?

He clearly was not the run of the mill criminal.

He went on TV to call Batman out. Still don't get why that would make someone assume he's this crazy guy who wants to create chaos and watch the world burn.

He also killed a bunch of people like Judge and Loeb, crashed Dent's party, and all in the name of just wanting Batman to unmask. Not to mention he is dressed like a scary clown who calls himself The Joker.

He clearly was not the run of the mill criminal.

That was all after Alfred's speech.

And yea he might not be your run of the mill bank robber. But again, I don't see how going on TV and calling Batman out would make someone just go "Oh wow! This guy just wants to watch the world burn!"

I think Alfred was giving an example of when you face soimeone whose logic you just don't understand.

I think Alfred was giving an example of when you face soimeone whose logic you just don't understand.

I understand that. But up to that point, why was his logic hard to understand? He robbed a few banks and called Batman out on TV.

That was all after Alfred's speech.

No it wasn't. That was all before Alfred's speech. Go back and check if you doubt me.

And yea he might not be your run of the mill bank robber. But again, I don't see how going on TV and calling Batman out would make someone just go "Oh wow! This guy just wants to watch the world burn!"

As already stated, he did more than just that. All while dressed like a scary looking clown in a purple suit.

Yeah it happens after the attacks on the political assassinations. I can see why Morningstar would get mixed up though, the newsfeed of Joker calling out Batman from before the deaths is on the console while Alfred is making the speech to Bruce.

Kilmer was a good Batman (except for the goofy 'bat-grin'), but his Bruce Wayne was stiff and boring. I did not like his Bruce Wayne at all.

George Clooney's Bruce Wayne was better.

Do not like Christian Bale at all, as either Batman or Bruce Wayne..

Michael Keaton owns them all.

Kilmer is my second favorite Batman after Bale. The rest are a fail.

I always thought Kilmer was a darn good&underrated Batman,He was&still is my favorite Bruce Wayne!

Bale comes in a close 2nd as my top Bruce Wayne and then Keaton,I also like Clooney But compared to the rest..He's my least favorite Bruce&Bats in the rankings!!

As far Batman..Keaton/Bale/Kilmer&then Clooney!

I like his Bruce Wayne more than Keaton's and Clooney's. He was more interesting to watch.

What helped Kilmer was that he's considered a big&good actor(Clooney wasn't big yet)and the whole Psychological/crazy side with him being hunted by his parent's death than just doing what they did with Keaton,Was closer to the Bruce Wayne of the comic mythology!!

His Batman was helped by him overall being a HERO than just a dark&brooding vigilante!

Last edited:
I think actually that ALL Kilmer did in this movie was brooding from beginning to finish, in and out of the suit. I havent seen any other emotion from Kilmer other than brooding and surprise

His emotion was more sad&uncertain than dark&brood like Keaton,He smiled a few times&being happy as Bruce Wayne&Bats!!

i thought Kilmer did an excellent job despite what he had to work with. poor guy signed on for Batman Forever thinking it was going to be like the Burton movies, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"