She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 1 "A Normal Amount of Rage" (Spoiler Thread)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
IT'S STILL
1Zh2eJz.gif

NOT
xYnae28.gif

EASY
pBo3uD0.gif

BEING GREEN
x9Ty4lb.gif

Last edited:
THIS.WAS.DOPE!!!! I thought Tatiana was made for this role and her dynamic with Mark excellent. The humor was on point and that post credit scene had me weak. Looking forward to more.

Tatiana completely owns this s***. If she's not in the next Avengers movie(s), I boycott. :o

EDIT: OMG that end credit scene. :funny:
CAPTAIN AMERICA ****S!!!!!

Yeah, that was great. Probably my second favorite pilot from them.

I can also tell this is going to be very triggering for those male skewing fandoms, who love to lean into their appointment viewing of scripted content. :o

GREATEST. FIRST EPISODE. EVER.

I loved it from start to finish. Tatiana Maslany/Jen Walters is everything. From her and Bruce's cousin dynamic, to her calling Bruce out for projecting on her, to her lines about having to control her anger because of typical male BS, to the fights and then ending it with OG Eve music (E-V-E is still top 5 female rappers ever FYI). Kevin Feige, you have done it again.

Was not ready for that F-bomb either, but that joint was HILARIOUS.

I can also tell this is going to be very triggering for those male skewing fandoms, who love to lean into their appointment viewing of scripted content. :o
You got it.
FZWYnjOXwAYWd4Z

Also, I now desperately hope those rumors that Jessica Jones might show up on this show come true. I need to see Jen and Jessica interacting like I need air. Being set on the opposite coast makes it seem unlikely but

tommy-lee-jones-i-dont-care.gif

EDIT: Plus, Daredevil's there! Coasts be damned!

I feel like this show is going to have a decent footprint. The last two felt a little hit or miss in that regard. Moon Knight didn't have one thing that stood out to social media like Kate/Yelena or the return of Kingpin and Ms. Marvel kind of just came and went. But this one, beyond feeling unique, just feels like it's going to have a lot of fun "viral" moments, organically.

I feel like this show is going to have a decent footprint. The last two felt a little hit or miss in that regard. Moon Knight didn't have one thing that stood out to social media like Kate/Yelena or the return of Kingpin and Ms. Marvel kind of just came and went. But this one, beyond feeling unique, just feels like it's going to have a lot of fun "viral" moments, organically.
Exhibit A:

First of all: Bruce was hunted by the military and lost his life for years. Jen cited a lot of things, a lot of his traumas, so he clearly, as suggested in The Avengers, knows what it's like to be angry all the time, "always angry", as said in the movie.

This felt fairly par for the course in the MCU's treatment of Hulk things: Take an interesting story, and fill it with a bunch of MCU nonsense. Jen gets her powers because a spaceship made her crash, not because she was a shot. There isn't interesting psychological ramifications as to why she can be She-Hulk and have no other identity, just like there isn't any real reasoning for why Banner and Hulk have separate identities. Needless comedy.

The virgin Captain America discussion was dumb and pointless, particularly because his virginity is irrelevant and he clearly was married to Peggy, so he certainly never died virgin even if he didn't have gross, out of character sex in 1943 or whatever.

I didn't hate it, and I'm torn between whether or not I think it's better than the Hawkeye first episode, but I think all the other MCU first episodes, besides Hawkeye maybe, were stronger written and/or more interesting. Preferably it can get away from the MCU gibberish and feel stronger, to me, like Hawkeye did by the end, and not like WandaVision did by the end.

First of all: Bruce was hunted by the military and lost his life for years. Jen cited a lot of things, a lot of his traumas, so he clearly, as suggested in The Avengers, knows what it's like to be angry all the time, "always angry", as said in the movie.

This felt fairly par for the course in the MCU's treatment of Hulk things: Take an interesting story, and fill it with a bunch of MCU nonsense. Jen gets her powers because a spaceship made her crash, not because she was a shot. There isn't interesting psychological ramifications as to why she can be She-Hulk and have no other identity, just like there isn't any real reasoning for why Banner and Hulk have separate identities. Needless comedy.

The virgin Captain America discussion was dumb and pointless, particularly because his virginity is irrelevant and he clearly was married to Peggy, so he certainly never died virgin even if he didn't have gross, out of character sex in 1943 or whatever.

I didn't hate it, and I'm torn between whether or not I think it's better than the Hawkeye first episode, but I think all the other MCU first episodes, besides Hawkeye maybe, were stronger written and/or more interesting. Preferably it can get away from the MCU gibberish and feel stronger, to me, like Hawkeye did by the end, and not like WandaVision did by the end.
Two things.

1. It does not seem to be public knowledge that he went back and had that life.

2. What is gross and out of character about Cap getting down? What about Cap even suggest Cap wouldn't get down?

Why are you talking to me like a stray horse?

No, a normal amount of rage (love the way she says that haha)

Airhorns are always a great way to wake someone. :D

Didn’t take me long to fall in love with Tatiana/Jen and I’m also liking having Professor Hulk here. They have great chemistry together.

Her baby thunderclap.

Lawyer show. :cwink:

I really liked this outfit. :D

I always get recency bias but already this is looking like a strong contender for favourite MCU show, that first episode couldn’t be more fun. So glad we’re getting 9 episodes of this.

I love the relationship between Bruce and Jen and hope we see a good amount of it through the future of the MCU, even if Jen takes the lead from here.

Tatiana completely owns this s***. If she's not in the next Avengers movie(s), I boycott. :o

EDIT: OMG that end credit scene. :funny:
Ha, I read this just before starting and keep mixing up Tatiana and Titania. Do hope we’re getting some good stuff from Titania later. She-Hulk has to be in all Avengers films from now on and I can’t wait to see her interacting with the others. Already she’s one of the best new entrants since Endgame.

What’s your favourite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"