She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 1 "A Normal Amount of Rage" (Spoiler Thread)

Also, I now desperately hope those rumors that Jessica Jones might show up on this show come true. I need to see Jen and Jessica interacting like I need air. Being set on the opposite coast makes it seem unlikely but

tommy-lee-jones-i-dont-care.gif

EDIT: Plus, Daredevil's there! Coasts be damned!
Coast, schmoast - oh wait you already covered that haha. Ritter arriving in the MCU would be an absolute hype moment for me if it happens. They would also be amazing together.

Captain Marvel
The Mighty Thor
Ironheart
Hawkeye (Kate)
Black Widow (Yelena)
She-Hulk

The same picture, just better. :o
Hopefully Ironheart is really good (I love the suit so far). The other 5 are Queens and would make for a hell of a fun film. Too much awesomeness in one place seeing them all interact.

First episode was ok. A lot of exposition to explain the origin as expected. But it was nice getting the gaps filled in about Bruce as well as his time with Tony.

The FX looked fine. Not horrible but not amazing. I think the skin texture just looks too smooth so it all looks rubbery.

Hopefully now that the origin is out of the way, the rest of the season is the comedic sitcom we’ve been promised.

I was kind of disappointed with how she got her powers. Felt kind of lazy. But it’s cool how she’s able to turn it on and off. I wish Bruce was able to do that again (without that gadget he made).

First of all: Bruce was hunted by the military and lost his life for years. Jen cited a lot of things, a lot of his traumas, so he clearly, as suggested in The Avengers, knows what it's like to be angry all the time, "always angry", as said in the movie.

This felt fairly par for the course in the MCU's treatment of Hulk things: Take an interesting story, and fill it with a bunch of MCU nonsense. Jen gets her powers because a spaceship made her crash, not because she was a shot. There isn't interesting psychological ramifications as to why she can be She-Hulk and have no other identity, just like there isn't any real reasoning for why Banner and Hulk have separate identities. Needless comedy.

The virgin Captain America discussion was dumb and pointless, particularly because his virginity is irrelevant and he clearly was married to Peggy, so he certainly never died virgin even if he didn't have gross, out of character sex in 1943 or whatever.

I didn't hate it, and I'm torn between whether or not I think it's better than the Hawkeye first episode, but I think all the other MCU first episodes, besides Hawkeye maybe, were stronger written and/or more interesting. Preferably it can get away from the MCU gibberish and feel stronger, to me, like Hawkeye did by the end, and not like WandaVision did by the end.

The creators have been up front from the beginning this was meant to be a comedy series and have offbeat humor like the comics. You don’t sell that by having a grim dark storyline in the first episode. And that’s not to say we won’t get Jen dealing with actually being a hulk in later episodes.

Also as far as the in-world explanation goes, it doesn’t seem like many people know Steve went back in time and stayed there and was married.

Didn't care for the "yada yada yada"/dumbing down of the science but solid episode overall.

I never was a fan of the Hulk-Universe so I am not shocked that I am very cold to this episode. Humor is not my cup of tea, kind of silly :nrv:

Also, how did Bruce know that Steve had sex in 1943? I cant imagine a conversation between those two, where Steve brings that up to the table.

- Sakaar ship could be the bridge to a World War Hulk thing maybe?
- How are the chances that Bruce lose control in the last episode and Jennifer has to stop him?

I never was a fan of the Hulk-Universe so I am not shocked that I am very cold to this episode. Humor is not my cup of tea, kind of silly :nrv:

Also, how did Bruce know that Steve had sex in 1943? I cant imagine a conversation between those two, where Steve brings that up to the table.

- Sakaar ship could be the bridge to a World War Hulk thing maybe?
- How are the chances that Bruce lose control in the last episode and Jennifer has to stop him?
Similar to how Jen got it out of Bruce. A bit of drinking, easy going, you reveal stuff. Nat got Cap's first kiss out of him. Cap talked to Bruce about Nat. It's not out of the question at all really. It honestly makes perfect sense considering.

Largely what I expected.

Maslany is incredibly charming and likeable in both forms of the character, and the CGI isn’t as distracting as I would have thought. Some fun gags too that I can see evolving into a really fun dynamic once the legal side of things comes into play.

Hulk himself is a parody and the butt of most jokes (as is the norm for the MCU depiction of the character), but they’re at least outright calling him out as being pathetic. Maybe it’s a display of self awareness on Marvel’s part and we’ll see some kind of an arc for the character, or maybe that’s just copium on my part.

Whatever the case, it’s not a bad way to spend a half hour in the middle of the week.

this was an A+ episode.

maslany + vellani own their roles like rdj + evans. perfectly cast.

i love the over the top comedy and i'm here for all of it.
Yeah, this show is doing exactly what it promised. It's the wrong show to be getting upset by MCU comedy. Yeah, I'm a lot more confident on the MCU's future prospects after these last few character introductions.

Unlike Hawkeye, I know what I’m getting from this before going in so I expect nothing groundbreaking but it’ll be fun to see what cameos and easter eggs pop up each week.

It was okay.

Titanium was easily beaten by the Attorney at Law though.

I would love that honestly
If he goes Savage and Jen's final test as a fledgling superhero is taking him down, that would be amazing

Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. Maslany was especially wonderful. Some of the humor is hit or miss for me and the She-Hulk CGI is a little distracting but enjoyable nonetheless.

I also like that it's a little more "adult" as well. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Very entertaining Season Premiere

I loved seeing professor Hulk again, and I could tell he was happy to have his cousin be a Hulk, so he wouldn’t be alone anymore.

It was assuming how he was getting annoyed at Jen’s progressive rapid progress at being a Hulk so quickly. To the point you could see a bit of Savage Hulk popping up dominating Bruce for a bit, fortunately Banner kept himself in check

Tatiana has great chemistry with Mark, you really believe they are family. Excellent brother and sister dynamic. Hopefully we'll get more interactions with them throughout the series.

Looking forward to seeing how Jennifer comes to grips with her new life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"