She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 1 "A Normal Amount of Rage" (Spoiler Thread)

yph3yVh.gif

I never was a fan of the Hulk-Universe so I am not shocked that I am very cold to this episode. Humor is not my cup of tea, kind of silly :nrv:

Also, how did Bruce know that Steve had sex in 1943? I cant imagine a conversation between those two, where Steve brings that up to the table.

- Sakaar ship could be the bridge to a World War Hulk thing maybe?
- How are the chances that Bruce lose control in the last episode and Jennifer has to stop him?

i imagine Tony or Nat would’ve got the info out of Steve about his virginity.

does seem kinda weird that, how/when he lost his v-card, is what he chose to reveal there not correcting her on the fact that, he didn't die, an instead got to live out his days with Peggy (and that's when he presumably got laid) I guess even to her (family/ an a possible future hero) that is still privileged info

but it is interesting to hear from the prospective of a "civilian character" on what they actually know/think about what happened to Cap... is that really the official cover story they went with, that Cap just died in the battle or something to explain his absence (I get that you can't just publicly reveal the time-travel stuff) but still

Last edited:
We're supposed to believe Cap was a virgin after his whole reunion with Bucky?

captain-america-bucky.gif

Unbelievable, some people have way too much time on their hands .

Steve and Bucky were like brothers, best friends since childhood. They weren't involved romantically in anyway. The notion is just absurd. Ugh :(

Unbelievable, some people have way too much time on their hands .

Steve and Bucky were like brothers, best friends since childhood. They weren't involved romantically in anyway. The notion is just absurd. Ugh :(

Listen, I love my best friend too, known him since kindergarten, but I’m not breaking up the Avengers for him. That’s a step beyond friendship. LOL

Absolutely loved it. I’ve been a Tatiana Maslany fan since day 1 of Orphan Black. I’ve met her a few times and she is the sweetest person ever. It’s so nice to see her in a role like think that will give her a lot of mainstream recognition.

I thought the cgi looked perfectly fine too. They were able to capture some nice subtleties in her expressions. Can’t wait to see more!

Honestly for a TV show the CG was serviceable. It is what it is.

Tatiana slays, a shock to nobody.

While I'm getting used to Smart Hulk, I really miss Savage. I hope we haven't seen the last of him. :/

I hope they'll somehow get rid off Smart Hulk in this show. It just doesn't feel like Hulk, I want the savage version back. Also now with She-Hulk here, the characters are too similar. (And She-Hulk is basically a superior Hulk to current Banner)

Gosh, it feels so freaking good to watch a pilot for one of these shows that actually feels like a pilot and not "the first hour of a six hour movie."

I didn't even think about it, but yes! If this was like the other MCU shows, the episode probably would've ended with her turning into She-Hulk for the first time... so glad that this is actually a real show

There is a clickbait article in the independent (UK) going on and on episode one CGI is “so terrible”. One can say it’s not perfect, nothing is and can ever be, so so or even bad whatever, but this is far from “so terrible” and this wanton assessment in a mainstream publication is unfair to everyone involved in this project. Some people just trying hard to come up with whatever they imagine to fit into their preset narrative. Journalists above them all, since they have an ego the size of Jupiter and they have answers to all ills in the world.

Last edited:
There is a clickbait article in the independent (UK) going on and on episode one CGI is “so terrible”. One can say it’s not perfect, nothing is and can ever be, so so or even bad whatever, but this is far from “so terrible” and this wanton assessment in a mainstream publication is unfair to everyone involved in this project. Some people just trying hard to come up with whatever they imagine to fit into their preset narrative. Journalists above them all, since they have an ego the size of Jupiter and they have answers to all ills in the world.

The CGI was spotty in some parts but it certainly wasn't terrible or anywhere even close. Smart Hulk looked better than She but thats likely because they already had the model from Endgame.

Yeah this first episode was decent. Its a bit more straight forward and what you see is what you get with it but that feels like the point, the dynamic and play fighting between both hulks was really good and the best aspect. It felt a little truncated and rushed in parts as it serves as a show set up and origins story all within 40 minutes but no doubt a few more episodes things will settle into what this show will actually be all about.

Some of the writing was a little on the nose and clunky but I was surprised how little comedy was in it but coming off Thor perhaps thats for the best, also apart from being part of the comics the 4th wall breaks didnt really serve any purpose, perhaps they will become a bigger thing of the show down the line.

Still the lead is compelling enough and seems like a great fit for the character so hopefully this holds the interest better than Ms Marvel which i soon lost interest in. The CGI for the whole seems fine and better than the trailers but I just think the smoothness of She-Hulks face makes it look a little "Shreky" in some places, perhaps nothing can be done about that and its not like Disney+ shows have been hitting it out the park in that aspect anyway. Solid start and looking forward to where it goes.

If this had been made in the 90s I would've liked to see Calista Flockhart playing Jen. She is more the ideal image of what I imagine her to look like in human form. Or if Calista had been in her prime now, I'd want her in the role.

Rewatching the pilot again, just noticed Banner called Jen “bruh” LOL.

I really like Ruffalo and Maslany’s chemistry. Very big bro/lil sis.

Now James Gunn is adding fuel to the fire even more

Last edited:
Is it the same actress as in GotG?

Jenna Coleman was in CATFA. Maybe it was her:

jenna-coleman-captain-america-the-first-avenger.gif

I hope they'll somehow get rid off Smart Hulk in this show. It just doesn't feel like Hulk, I want the savage version back. Also now with She-Hulk here, the characters are too similar. (And She-Hulk is basically a superior Hulk to current Banner)

I didn't even think about it, but yes! If this was like the other MCU shows, the episode probably would've ended with her turning into She-Hulk for the first time... so glad that this is actually a real show

Not smart Hulk, Smug Hulk :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"