She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 2 "Superhuman Law" (Spoiler Thread)

Good Episode.

For those of us who grew up in the 80s, it was nice to see Jen's Dad who was Larry on Perfect Strangers
perfect-strangers-bronson-pinchot-mark-linn-baker-today-170421-tease-1.jpg

Loved Perfect Strangers

Good Episode.

For those of us who grew up in the 80s, it was nice to see Jen's Dad who was Larry on Perfect Strangers
perfect-strangers-bronson-pinchot-mark-linn-baker-today-170421-tease-1.jpg

A few things:

- How Morris Walters looks like currently is how I imagine Larry looks like now.

Also the show had a spinoff:

Yeah another solid episode but certainly too short. Was expecting Blonski in human form and certainly "comedic" after the guard was hyping it up. It fit the tone of the show though, so I'm fine with it and I think I'm looking forward to seeing Abomination in Thunderbolts.

So, is this co-current to Shang-Chi? The fight seems to indicate as much but what about Bruce's appearance?

This is a very enjoyable show so far though

A few things:

- How Morris Walters looks like currently is how I imagine Larry looks like now.

Also the show had a spinoff:

TGIF !

One of the things I miss about the 80s and 90s was TV show theme songs.
Alot of them were very good songs independent of the shows, and some of them even made the music carts because they were so good
safeathomegrab03.jpg

2-family-matters-abc-1989-1997-cbs-1997-1998.jpg

Thanks Marvel, because you cast Mark Linn Baker, now I am going to go binge the entire run of Perfect Strangers this weekend.

It's been years since I've watched it, but I loved it as a child.
So it was nice to see Baker again.

I've also got to go back and watch Ally McBeal, which I used to watch during my Freshman year of college.

That's actually playing on the tv set in the bar when Jen gets her new Job.

As short as this episode was, it still took me like four hours to watch it because of how crazy work has been for me today. Sheesh!

Anyway, I really liked the episode. It's cool to see Tim Roth's Blonsky back and writing haikus. But the most unbelievable part of the episode was Bruce having cell reception in space. I lose a call when I drive through a wooded area but Hulk has perfect service in space? I call b.s. on that! :o

It's been years since I've watched it, but I loved it as a child.
So it was nice to see Baker again.

I've also got to go back and watch Ally McBeal, which I used to watch during my Freshman year of college.

That's actually playing on the tv set in the bar when Jen gets her new Job
Oh I didn't catch that, nice touch. :D

TGIF !

One of the things I miss about the 80s and 90s was TV show theme songs.
Alot of them were very good songs independent of the shows, and some of them even made the music carts because they were so good
safeathomegrab03.jpg

2-family-matters-abc-1989-1997-cbs-1997-1998.jpg

TBH, Mark Linn-Baker isn't someone I pictured as Jen's father. I had pictured someone else but it is the right casting for the role.

I genuinely laughed with all the talk about Hawkeye's arrows.
What does he do with them? :D Spends 2 hours collecting them from all over the place after 2 minutes of action?

The casting of Jen's dad and Blonsky in human form were two huge positives for me in this episode. I was actually glad the very first trailer we ever saw for this series actually showed Tim Roth rather than a grey monster mocapped by Roth and we never see him in human form ever again. I think one of the biggest criticisms on the MCU is casting really good actors in lesser roles and then putting those actors in either heavy makeup or a mo-cap suit. I think Marvel knew this and rectified it by having Emil Blonsky show up in both forms.

Fun but too short.
Like Marvel took the criticism of the other shows having too few episodes, and just spread the same(ish, I didn't do the math) content over 9 episodes...

But yeah, I did enjoy this episode and felt for Jen quite a bit... Getting screwed over for doing the right thing sucks.

This episode was way too short. I did enjoy it but even more than WandaVision sometimes did it feels like an MCU short.

It was great to see Emil Blonsky again and let Tim Roth get in on the action of MCU actors who deserve a chance to revisit their bland/problematic characters in a different way. He was the highlight of the episode, which I never thought I'd say about anything connected with Abomination after TIH.

I liked seeing Jen's family and that they were insensitive but supportive and her Dad was great reminding her that they had already gone thought it all with Bruce and she'd figure it out.

Jen's sidekick is still fun and I hope Josh Segarra gets more to do at some point but a map of the best bathrooms is a pretty awesome first day gift.

Liked Jen's frustration with the She Hulk name and Bruce pointing out Hulk is a silly name as well. And oh, he's off in space!

Loved Perfect Strangers

I'd also have to point out the irony, of that show being about two very different cousins

Yeah another solid episode but certainly too short. Was expecting Blonski in human form and certainly "comedic" after the guard was hyping it up. It fit the tone of the show though, so I'm fine with it and I think I'm looking forward to seeing Abomination in Thunderbolts.

So, is this co-current to Shang-Chi? The fight seems to indicate as much but what about Bruce's appearance?

This is a very enjoyable show so far though
it was suggested that the footage of the fight only recently came out... so it could have happened a while ago (didn't seem like it was happening live or anything)

not sure the timeline of how fast the events of the show so far have taken... but we know that Bruce was still in human forum and had his armsling at the end of Shang-Chi... is it shortly after the events of Shang-Chi (how shortly is the question)

Fun but too short.
Like Marvel took the criticism of the other shows having too few episodes, and just spread the same(ish, I didn't do the math) content over 9 episodes...

But yeah, I did enjoy this episode and felt for Jen quite a bit... Getting screwed over for doing the right thing sucks.

to be fair, Spider-Man went through the same process, he saved the citizens during Mysterio's drone attack and got screwed over by Mysterio turning the entire city against him by revealing his identity.

to be fair, Spider-Man went through the same process, he saved the citizens during Mysterio's drone attack and got screwed over by Mysterio turning the entire city against him by revealing his identity.

Maybe I missed something but the public thinks Peter was responsible for EDITH and drones, arent they?
Jameson blamed him for the events (no accusation by courth though, thanks to a very good lawyer)

haha that was awesome
I really like the actors like Holloway or Jen’s and Bruce’s family.

Length was fine IMO. It's a sitcom and it was sitcom length. It covered everything it needed to. Liked this episode a lot.

Also, really feels like we may be building to World War Hulk!!!!

What does he do with them? :D Spends 2 hours collecting them from all over the place after 2 minutes of action?
The timing and delivery of that line is what makes it even funnier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"