She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 3 "The People vs. Emil Blonsky" (Spoiler Thread)

I was responding to the posters claims a naked woman could run down the street but deleted my post as its just back and forth whataboutism at this point. Clearly no negative feedback is allowed in this thread against this show as the majority opinion seems to be positive so I am just wasting my breath and will move on.
The issue was made clear to you...
Let's tone down the willfully ignorant sexism, friends and neighbors.

The issue was made clear to you...

I moved on from this thread but saw this notification and reported you as your using a mods warning to the whole group to threaten a single fellow poster. I can handle we may not see eye to eye on she hulk but using a mods warning to threaten someone in particular you disagree with is very childish. I didn't do this tactic to you so why do you think its ok to do it to me of all users that were warned?

I was responding to the posters claims a naked woman could run down the street but deleted my post as its just back and forth whataboutism at this point. Clearly no negative feedback is allowed in this thread against this show as the majority opinion seems to be positive so I am just wasting my breath and will move on.
Sure, keep pretending you were warned over criticizing the show (which many in here have done without issue) instead of the inherently misogynist nature of the point you were arguing. That warning was for you, for the record.

Sure, keep pretending you were warned over criticizing the show (which many in here have done without issue) instead of the inherently misogynist nature of the point you were arguing. That warning was for you, for the record.

Correct me if Im wrong I never said naked women nor used a mods warning to the whole
Group to threaten another poster. I had a legit argument with a characters behavior over the course of 3 episodes. If you disagree with me thats fine but I hope your not condoning the other poster using your warnings to threaten others on these boards

Correct me if Im wrong I never said naked women nor used a mods warning to the whole
Group to threaten another poster. I had a legit argument with a characters behavior over the course of 3 episodes. If you disagree with me thats fine but I hope your not condoning the other poster using your warnings to threaten others on these boards
His post was not a threat, it was bringing to your attention the moderator warning that was clearly intended for you, but seemed to have gone over your head.

His post was not a threat, it was bringing to your attention the moderator warning that was clearly intended for you, but seemed to have gone over your head.

The warning never singled me out in particular. I also reached out to that mod separately to understand if they meant me or the whole thread and I never got an answer and let it go and moved on then 5 hours later I get this notification with the other poster trying to start drama.

The warning never singled me out in particular. I also reached out to that mod separately to understand if they meant me or the whole thread and I never got answer and let it go and moved on then 5 hours later I get this.
We usually do in-thread warnings first in situations such as this, in hopes that those involved in the conversation it was meant for will take the hint and move on. As you seemed to miss the point of the in-thread warning, next time we will go straight to an official warning or temp-ban for you. :up:

We usually do in-thread warnings first in situations such as this, in hopes that those involved in the conversation it was meant for will take the hint and move on. As you seemed to miss the point of the in-thread warning, next time we will go straight to an official warning or temp-ban for you. :up:

understood thank you

Well it looks like Marvel is running this gag into the ground on purpose to strike up controversy

The warning never singled me out in particular. I also reached out to that mod separately to understand if they meant me or the whole thread and I never got an answer and let it go and moved on then 5 hours later I get this notification with the other poster trying to start drama.
Alright, let's double down then: Please, Superherohype forum member 176271 Bary, don't post bafflingly ignorant sexist statements and then pretend to be confused why people find them sexist.

What was "dumb" about it to you?
I get that it was supposed to be a joke, but I just didn't find it funny. Just not my sense of humor, I guess. I also find the action to be unladylike, again just not my cup of tea.

I get that it was supposed to be a joke, but I just didn't find it funny. Just not my sense of humor, I guess. I also find the action to be unladylike, again just not my cup of tea.
mFPExOq.gif

To some it is just another dance. To others they say if you apply this movement to any other species that behaviorist would conclude that the female is inviting the male to attempt to mate. And when done in a professional office where others can see you don't know who is watching. The person who just sees a relatively modern dance or the ones who sees a sexually provocative act. As both groups exist the fight becomes where is the line drawn. 40 years ago it would have been is a pole used for fitness and not for a sexual provocative actor/dancer to rest while still performing. Even if the fitness instructors got it from the sex performer.

@Fluedd I never called you sexist, misogynistic, or any other thing. The post you quoted wasn't even a reply to you. You saying things like a woman is "ladylike" for conforming to some old timey version of what a sexist society considered to be a "classy woman", is your choice. I can't stop you nor would I try. But let's be clear. Plenty have disliked this show, without turning it into a referendum on women or their actions.

@Fluedd I never called you sexist, misogynistic, or any other thing. The post you quoted wasn't even a reply to you.
Okay, sorry I thought that was in response to me. In any case, I would have had the same reaction if it was Chris Hemsworth twerking, it wasn't some attempt to rob women of agency or whatever.

Okay, sorry I thought that was in response to me. In any case, I would have had the same reaction if it was Chris Hemsworth twerking, it wasn't some attempt to rob women of agency or whatever.
Would you day it wasn't, "gentlemanly"?

Right...

So what did Jen do that you consider "unladylike"? Dance in her own office with another consenting adult? What about that is "unladylike"? How does it make her any less "classy"?
First off, I'm not taking this that seriously. But I was thinking more in terms of the show putting this out there for millions of people to see. She does break the fourth wall, after all, so technically she is aware that she is being seen. So she's twerking to millions of people. Now I'm not saying she should be fined or taken off the air or spoken to harshly about it, but I certainly wouldn't characterize it as classy.

First off, I'm not taking this that seriously. But I was thinking more in terms of the show putting this out there for millions of people to see. She does break the fourth wall, after all, so technically she is aware that she is being seen. So she's twerking to millions of people. Now I'm not saying she should be fined or taken off the air or spoken to harshly about it, but I certainly wouldn't characterize it as classy.
What makes it "unladylike" or not "classy"?

What makes it "unladylike" or not "classy"?
You're like a dog with a bone, aren't you? Isn't it obvious? Classy means stylish, sophisticated, superior, and elegant. Flapping your butt cheeks around in the wind is anything but. It's low behavior, common. Is that really difficult to understand?

You are apparently advocating for it heavily. I've given my opinion. How do you view it? Did you think it was hilariously funny? Did you think she was making some sort of you go girl statement about women's sexuality? Just a bit of fun? Why does it matter that I didn't care for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"