She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 7 "The Retreat" (Spoiler Thread)

I am guessing that Blonsky is the big bad behind all of this, because the circumstances behind how Jen got sent out there to his retreat and those two clowns smashing her car just as she was about to leave, was convenient as hell.

I like the problems has to address here and I adore Jens monologe.
Overall the execution is still a little bit fade for me.

Yeah the group therapy scene was the only one where I laughed a bit. Otherwise it’s mostly “crickets” for me.
Glad I'm not the only one. Very much a filler episode and only part I had any real interest in was the group portion. Not surprised Josh was a set up either.

Another filler episode, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless. Tim Roth was an absolute delight during this whole episode and honestly its probably the most I've loved his performance during this show.

So many fun interactions with Jen, especially during that group therapy scene. I guess I should have saw that twist with Josh coming, but it still got me and now I can't help but feel bad for her all over again.

I really wish they didn't go in such a predictable direction with that character though.

“..a very real chance he is ghosting you”
“Or he just wants your blood” :D

That therapy group was awesome.

Can’t believe this is almost over. :csad:

Increasingly convinced that Daredevil being in the marketing for this show is a collective hallucination.

Every episode makes me sad the show isn't longer. I wish this were at least 12 episodes because I just enjoy the show getting up to things.

"Not a literal gang. Please make that clear to the parole board."

STILL NO POST CREDITS SCENES?! You can't just stop, guys, this is driving me nuts. :o
I agree about them stopping the post credits scenes. What a rip. :argh:

I am guessing that Blonsky is the big bad behind all of this, because the circumstances behind how Jen got sent out there to his retreat and those two clowns smashing her car just as she was about to leave, was convenient as hell.
Yup, I was thinking that as well. Even more so when that Wrecking Crew guy showed up.

It was a good episode, if more focused on Jen's feelings than on the humor. My biggest critique is that they kept her in She-hulk form for the big speech. The motion capture isn't too bad, but it still ruins Maslany's performance in places. Its not an issue for most scenes, but for the big emotional one, they really needed Maslany's face for the full performance.

I loved the ...NoSignal bit.

I like the show, but I get if people who were expecting the usual MCU stuff aren't into this. (But it's still crazy that She-Hulk has a 5/10 rating on IMDB :whatever:) I like that they're trying something different, especially this episode which didn't really have any big action.

Also I think Jen is going to end up with that guy who said she wasn't his type. In court it kind of seemed like he did that to help her out with the case.

Nice little episode and the group therapy scene was golden! Still suspicious a little of Blonsky and think there is more to that retreat. Loved Jen opening up and it’s a shame about Josh even if it was obvious.

We're still seeing Blonsky at least one more time, right?
I remember a clip we haven't seen of him as Abomination.
Though I feel we'll see him as an ally to Jen.

We're still seeing Blonsky at least one more time, right?
I remember a clip we haven't seen of him as Abomination.
Though I feel we'll see him as an ally to Jen.
Yea theres a clip of him wearing his civilian clothes but in abomination form.

I like the show, but I get if people who were expecting the usual MCU stuff aren't into this. (But it's still crazy that She-Hulk has a 5/10 rating on IMDB :whatever:) I like that they're trying something different, especially this episode which didn't really have any big action.

Also I think Jen is going to end up with that guy who said she wasn't his type. In court it kind of seemed like he did that to help her out with the case.

5/10 for this show is too much.

I am a big MCU fan - been on this ride since 2008 when I was 15. Like almost everything Marvel has given us and I appreciate it.

But She-Hulk is the bottom of the barrel for me. I'd rank it lower even than the likes of TDW and Eternals.

There has been no story in the past 3 episodes (out of a 9-episode season), characters from the films are turned into literal jokes (the cold soldier Blonsky from TIH is now a softy that leads support groups?! Wong and Madisynn? Twerking?), poor production design and CGI, list goes on and on.

I just want Secret Invasion to be released so I can wash the taste of this away. It will be good to see Daredevil here, but that will be the show's only redeeming quality and overall the wrong decision to put a character like him in this tone and atmosphere out of everything.

So yeah, I think those ratings on IMDB are generous and I will pretend this show doesn't exist in the grand scheme of things.

I am a big MCU fan - been on this ride since 2008 when I was 15. Like almost everything Marvel has given us and I appreciate it.

But She-Hulk is the bottom of the barrel for me. I'd rank it lower even than the likes of TDW and Eternals.

There has been no story in the past 3 episodes (out of a 9-episode season), characters from the films are turned into literal jokes (the cold soldier Blonsky from TIH is now a softy that leads support groups?! Wong and Madisynn? Twerking?), poor production design and CGI, list goes on and on.

I just want Secret Invasion to be released so I can wash the taste of this away. It will be good to see Daredevil here, but that will be the show's only redeeming quality and overall the wrong decision to put a character like him in this tone and atmosphere out of everything.

So yeah, I think those ratings on IMDB are generous and I will pretend this show doesn't exist in the grand scheme of things.

You don't like it and that's fine. Every negative point you mention about the show is something I actually like. :D Different preferences. I'll give you the bad CGI...

I personally think Thor TDW, Iron Man 2 & 3, The Eternals, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye... are all "worse" than She-Hulk. (And I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple of others) But even those movies and shows I can kind of enjoy.

Last week was filler, sure. Filler I very much enjoyed, but filler nonetheless. But any episode focusing on character exploration and growth is not "filler" to me, so I thought this was a great, and totally essential episode. This show is first and foremost about Jen's journey, and her emotional state took center stage here. And I love Jen, so all was gravy.

Knew Josh was shady though. Called that as soon as he sat next to her lol. Oh well, at this point I'm just shipping her with Matt Murdock already anyway and they haven't even met yet. :funny:

And I think Infinity War is a horrible movie. Opinions are funny. Generally best not to assume yours applies to everyone else.

Last week was filler, sure. Filler I very much enjoyed, but filler nonetheless. But any episode focusing on character exploration and growth is not "filler" to me, so I thought this was a great, and totally essential episode. This show is first and foremost about Jen's journey, and her emotional state took center stage here. And I love Jen, so all was gravy.

Knew Josh was shady though. Called that as soon as he sat next to her lol. Oh well, at this point I'm just shipping her with Matt Murdock already anyway and they haven't even met yet. :funny:
I want the record to show I predicted this first. :o

Honestly this show probably would work better with a different writing staff. I want to like it more than I do.

I actually think Blonsky is being genuine in this series. I think it's also absolutely intentional that you and others think this way though as the writers have consistently put Blonsky in positions this season where we are meant to question him, just like this episode where we think "uh oh, his inhibitor is having issues, he's up to no good" and yet he's at his farm chasing his favorite chickens around. I also think if he actually turned out to be the big bad this season that it would ruin what was ultimately a very sincere and thoughtfully done 'Jen acceptance' episode, as her "'support group'" are actually villains conspiring against her, so I'm less inclined to lean that direction. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Only two episodes left, so we'll see.

I actually think Blonsky is being genuine in this series. I think it's also absolutely intentional that you and others think this way though as the writers have consistently put Blonsky in positions this season where we are meant to question him, just like this episode where we think "uh oh, his inhibitor is having issues, he's up to no good" and yet he's at his farm chasing his favorite chickens around. I also think if he actually turned out to be the big bad this season that it would ruin what was ultimately a very sincere and thoughtfully done 'Jen acceptance' episode, as her "'support group'" are actually villains conspiring against her, so I'm less inclined to lean that direction. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Only two episodes left, so we'll see.
I hope you're right. I love this new haiku-writing Blonsky and I'm going to be disappointed if it turns out to be just an act.

I want this to be right. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"