She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 7 "The Retreat" (Spoiler Thread)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Last week,

Jen received a bomb in the mail,
kdYwDm2.gif

got in a wedding brawl,
kFtxlJ4.gif

and learned the origin of totally not evil Josh's name.
y02fEkt.gif

Now, episode 7 of Jennifer Walters: Dancing Queen

fDoHi3h.gif

ANc5Rd7.gif

8TvSAsP.gif

Calling it now. Matt arrives tonight, right before the credits.

Increasingly convinced that Daredevil being in the marketing for this show is a collective hallucination.

Every episode makes me sad the show isn't longer. I wish this were at least 12 episodes because I just enjoy the show getting up to things.

"Not a literal gang. Please make that clear to the parole board."

STILL NO POST CREDITS SCENES?! You can't just stop, guys, this is driving me nuts. :o

The idea of Matt being so prominent in the finale is weird, but that seems to be what they are building to...

Episode was excellent. This only being 9 episodes sucks. Unless of course they actually figure out how to get a second season to us this time next year. Because I really don't need the 20 other spinoffs. Just give me Loki, She-Hulk, and Hawkeye on looooooop!

Last week,

Jen received a bomb in the mail,
kdYwDm2.gif

got in a wedding brawl,
kFtxlJ4.gif

and learned the origin of totally not evil Josh's name.
y02fEkt.gif

Now, episode 7 of Jennifer Walters: Dancing Queen

fDoHi3h.gif

ANc5Rd7.gif

8TvSAsP.gif

Not watched this week's episode yet and wasn't wild about last week's but I don't think I have ever seen a performer play drunk as well as Tatiana in my life.

I can’t say that I’m surprised that Josh is a spy . That seemed pretty obvious from his introduction.

Jen is so desperate for someone to accept her as Jennifer Walters that she lets her guard down so easily.

Blonsky retreat center seems to good to be true. I still suspect something isn’t on the up & up.

overall this was a meh episode.

So I'm guessing Jen didn't realize the Wrecking Crew had tried to take her blood? Otherwise she'd have for sure made Wrecker tell her all about that, right?

Kind of funny that She-Hulk probably introduced the first vampire (and Blade villain) in the MCU.
Saracen is a very ancient vampire in the comics, but also pretty inconsequential. Initial rumors said he would be Baron Blood, but I'm glad he's just some vampire lord so they can save Baron Blood for a more consequential role.
VeogSrJ.png

Unless contradicted later I'm taking El Águila's bio-electricity as an X-gene mutation like it is in the comics.

Only 2 more episodes to go and we still need to get Daredevil, Leap-Frog, return of the Abomination, wrapping things up with Titania, a conclusion to the Intelligencia plot and presumably more personal development for Jen/She-Hulk...

The idea of Matt being so prominent in the finale is weird, but that seems to be what they are building to...

Episode was excellent. This only being 9 episodes sucks. Unless of course they actually figure out how to get a second season to us this time next year. Because I really don't need the 20 other spinoffs. Just give me Loki, She-Hulk, and Hawkeye on looooooop!
MattXJen I'm calling it now. :o

I can’t say that I’m surprised that Josh is a spy . That seemed pretty obvious from his introduction.

Jen is so desperate for someone to accept her as Jennifer Walters that she lets her guard down so easily.

Blonsky retreat center seems to good to be true. I still suspect something isn’t on the up & up.

overall this was a meh episode.
This irks me so much that they went with the obvious twist that everyone called as soon as his character was introduced.

This irks me so much that they went with the obvious twist that everyone called as soon as his character was introduced.

Unfortunately the series has basically gone out of its way to make Jennifer an undesirable woman who has such low self esteem that it’s like she is a walking social outcast. As She-Hulk she gets attention and some satisfaction of notoriety.

Unfortunately the series has basically gone out of its way to make Jennifer an undesirable woman who has such low self esteem that it’s like she is a walking social outcast. As She-Hulk she gets attention and some satisfaction of notoriety.
As a single girl about to hit her 30's, I'm terrified I'll be Jen. :funny:

So....which characters get their own individual posters from this week's episode?

Pretty much all the guys in that group therapy session

I could see it being Man Bull and Aguila. We probably all thought that Mr. Immortal was going to get one last week but it was Jen's former classmate instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"