She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 3 "The People vs. Emil Blonsky" (Spoiler Thread)

They could use her as a body double.

Edit: Damn it! Slow...

They could use her as a body double.

Edit: Damn it! Slow...

Excalibur is an idiot who seemed to have no idea what She-Hulk is.

She's not painted green because she's green like money. She's dressed as She-Hulk!

I like the show but I thought the twerking was dumb.

I don't know about that. I don't recall many, if any, complaints about Jessica Jones. Sure, she was just an investigator, not a lawyer, but she was still the lead and had a great deal of power. Not to mention, fully dimensional and relatable to boot. I don't remember there being any uproar over that show. Maybe in its lackluster third season, but that's more of that season's quality, not Jessica herself.

The season people don't like is the second one, which yeah, starts off slow, but imo it gets real good after the big reveal. I think were the sexism comes into play is the criticism of Trish, and her arc, rather than Jessica.

Here's my point, the "aggrieved white male" demo has been targeting and verbally attacking Disney for creative decisions since Force Awakens. This goes back seven years. So the idea that Disney is trying to cater to white male conservatives and avoid offending them is foolish. I don't think they are at all.

Nah, Disney isn't trying to appeal to the white male demo. They are trying to appeal to the chinese conservative male. The politics of the MCU, even in the shows, which aren't to be sold in China, are very right of center in terms of the military and police. And of course, the queer rep is non existent.

Uggh you are really hung up on the whole China thing
its tiring.

What was "dumb" about it to you?
I dunno about dumb, but it was a little pointless to me (though I understand a lot of people thought it was hilarious) and the CGI looked terrible, resources that could've been used to punch up the VFX elsewhere in the show (Like She-Hulk in the office which looked shoddy all episode)

Last edited:
I like the show but I thought the twerking was dumb.

Episode 1 shes complaining about guys whistling at her constantly trying to pick her up. 2 episodes later Shes twerking sexually in a glass office in a professional setting with guys walking by staring.

Episode 1 shes complaining about guys whistling at her constantly trying to pick her up. 2 episodes later Shes twerking sexually in a glass office in a professional setting with guys walking by staring.

The difference was that she was dancing with another woman, in her office. And there was only one guy, Holliway, and he was like "nope" and walked away.

IMHO this is a bad faith argument. She was dancing and celebrating with her new client and having fun. There is nothing wrong with that.

Also, the show is a f'n comedy. It's a sitcom. It's meant to be goofy and irreverent.

You know, I see a lot of people on YouTube talking about woke liberalism and snowflakes. But if white males are going to make an argument like this, that they are so attacked for being called sexist for cat calling women but then get upset when she starts dancing with another woman in her office, to me, who is being fragile and a snowflake in this case?

The difference was that she was dancing with another woman, in her office. And there was only one guy, Holliway, and he was like "nope" and walked away.

Yeah they weren't exactly dancing to get men's attention so they could pick guys up. They were just having fun and celebrating.

The whole anti-woke, anti-woke SHE-HULK IS SEXIST crowd are the most pearl-clutching snowflakes and whiners of all.

The season people don't like is the second one, which yeah, starts off slow, but imo it gets real good after the big reveal. I think were the sexism comes into play is the criticism of Trish, and her arc, rather than Jessica.

I'm not going to get into the whole China thing but Jessica Jones debuted before the #MeToo movement really started and before 2016 election.

Well first off I didn't call you names like snowflake or insult your levels of sensitivity so I would ask you do not do that to me. I don't care about what is or isn't woke or has or doesn't have liberalism. I am just confused how a female on a show says she doesn't like get cat called by strangers but then 2 episodes later is twerking in her glass office at work in front of male coworkers in a sexual manner, celebrating or not.

I wasn't calling you a snowflake. But you did make a bad faith argument, and I stand by that.

Just my $0.02 that women can be seen as “dancing sexually” whether intentional or not is onerous. In order not to invite certain opinions or worse, they consciously need to not “dance in sexual manner” whereas “men dance sexually” is a nonstarter as a sentence. At worst, it’s just seen as silly, or guys having fun, and it won’t invite the same opinions or assumption. This is only one of many issues women have to face while men (myself included) don’t even need to think about. There is some truth to Jen saying “fear and anger are just the baseline of every woman existing” in episode one.

Last edited:
My take on the scene was She-Hulk got a new celebrity client, they are having fun and bonding. And they are doing some hip-hop dance moves together. And then it ends with an awkward sitcom type line of dialogue "I will kill for you Megan Thee Stallion!"

"OK dial it back!"

In sitcoms, this is usually what happens when a celebrity shows up. The protagonist will meet and form a meet-cute relationship with the real-life celebrity, and they will have like this weird bonding and they will refer to the celebrity by their full name.

Now, did I love the scene or anything? No, but it's totally harmless. And people turning it into this ideological "How dare they do this! Reverse sexism! Stan Lee rolling in his grave" It's ridiculous and intellectually dishonest.

I've never been a huge fan of She-Hulk or anything but her stories are filled with things like this, and heck Marvel Comics for years is filled with goofy weird comedic moments and bits like this.

Hulk and Venom had a freaking team-up once where they start literally acting like Hanz and Franz from Saturday Night Live. Like they are actually ripping off Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon's material.

She-Hulk's comic stories are filled with goofy, facetious and sometimes metatextual humor. There's that one issue of She-Hulk where she literally strips down naked and jumps rope for a significant number of pages.

So while I'm sure this humor isn't for everyone, it is fairly consistent with the tone and style that usually goes along with the character's most significant stories.

Now later in this season, I would like it if we could see some more action and intrigue stories because She-Hulk has had those stories and played that role as well.

TjHfBsnBifsooS1MtzolZERgj95MGnI9X01JJMghIgI.jpg

ssh40.jpg

I like superhero comics and all, but superhero comics have never been above doing silly nonsense. And you know what, sometimes when comes are trying to be serious are hardcore, it's even worse than when they trying to be silly or comedic.

Uggh you are really hung up on the whole China thing
its tiring.
What?

I dunno about dumb, but it was a little pointless to me (though I understand a lot of people thought it was hilarious) and the CGI looked terrible, resources that could've been used to punch up the VFX elsewhere in the show (Like She-Hulk in the office which looked shoddy all episode)
I agree the CGI was terrible, but considering who the guest star was, I don't think one can say it was "pointless". Though the after credit stingers are all fun little jokes. As for CGI resources, the water stuff with her family last week, which was pretty amazing, would be a lot bigger "waste of resources" imo.

Well first off I didn't call you names like snowflake or insult your levels of sensitivity so I would ask you do not do that to me. I don't care about what is or isn't woke or has or doesn't have liberalism. I am just confused how a female on a show says she doesn't like get cat called by strangers but then 2 episodes later is twerking in her glass office at work in front of male coworkers in a sexual manner, celebrating or not.
A woman could be running around completely naked, and that doesn't give anyone the right cat call them. The idea that a woman dancing can have any effect on a man's inability to keep their ****ing opinions to themselves is just... really?

Let's tone down the willfully ignorant sexism, friends and neighbors.

I think overall, this was my favorite episode. The first episode is a really good self-contained pilot, but this episode felt the most "sitcom" and I feel like it did a really good job with it and had a lot of strong jokes. Wong, the hearing, the b-plot shenanigans, the little bit of the overall plot moving forward. I really, really liked it.

Maybe those guys should work on getting it more normalized for guys to dance like this with their buddies judgment-free.
Seems like they're jealous that the girls get to have all the fun together :o
afc2716676716a16c7a0e88eda822b48.gif

So are saying if you put yourself out there in a provocative way you shouldn't expect someone to reply with certain degrees of advancements? I don't know about you but when I go fishing with bait I don't degrade and chew out the flounder for biting.
You're basically making the same argument that if a woman dresses a certain way she should just accept the rude behavior that comes her way. Like dude just stop already.

You're basically making the same argument that if a woman dresses a certain way she should just accept the rude behavior that comes her way. Like dude just stop already.

I was responding to the posters claims a naked woman could run down the street but deleted my post as its just back and forth whataboutism at this point. Clearly no negative feedback is allowed in this thread against this show as the majority opinion seems to be positive so I am just wasting my breath and will move on.

Sorry, was referring to the post above mine not to you... sithborgs been bringin up "Marvel bending over for China" in every thread and its tiresome

I agree the CGI was terrible, but considering who the guest star was, I don't think one can say it was "pointless". Though the after credit stingers are all fun little jokes. As for CGI resources, the water stuff with her family last week, which was pretty amazing, would be a lot bigger "waste of resources" imo.

What water stuff? I'm blanking...

Also don't mistake me saying it was pointless as being hostile towards it (I know, its the internet, what am I doing if not getting angry about stupid things?), I'm just saying it was a silly little throwaway thing that didn't do anything for me as somebody who doesn't give a s*** about Megan Thee Stallion, but I get she has her fans who liked it

Last edited:
So are saying if you put yourself out there in a provocative way you shouldn't expect someone to reply with certain degrees of advancements? I don't know about you but when I go fishing with bait I don't degrade and chew out the flounder for biting.
I think people are disagreeing about what is seen as "provocative". And yeah, someone looking or dancing a certain way does not in any way imply they should get any kind of unwanted advancements.

The fishing analogy implies someone is intentionally looking for fish to bite. I'd say this situation is actually closer to someone just enjoying some food by themselves and then having a random annoying seagull take it unprovoked just because it felt the person was showing off their good looking food. People would certainly be fine degrading or chewing out that gull.
tumblr_mq9fc9psRs1ry46hlo1_400.gif

(Also if we were to accept the fishing analogy, I'm guessing that means it's also accepted for the "person doing the fishing" (the woman) to then do something analogous to yanking a hook through the face of the "fish" (the man coming with advancements), and then gut and eat it? I'm not sure where you were going with that)

Clearly no negative feedback is allowed in this thread against this show as the majority opinion seems to be positive so I am just wasting my breath and will move on.
I think at this point the negative responses are more about the general misogyny emanating from your posts than any dislike of this show in particular.

What water stuff? I'm blanking...
I think they meant the episode 2 post-credits with Jen carrying containers of water inside the house for her dad.

Last edited:
I think they meant the episode 2 post-credits with Jen carrying containers of water inside the house for her dad.

Oh gotcha, yeah that was a waste too, not saying it wasnt
out of the three post-credit scenes, "Cap F***s" is definitely the best one comedy-wise, and the only one where the CGI looked decent

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"