She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 6: "Just Jen" (Spoiler Thread)

Another fun episode.

...no wonder no one is talking about this episode on twitter this morning, DD didn't show up. At least "she" is in this;

051af44b-090a-4c1e-b1a7-6633499f18a3_text.gif

Yeah I completely forgot Patti Harrison was in this. She was phenomenal in in Together Together.

Fun episode, but maybe my least favorite so far. I'm not exactly the target audience for the wedding portion, which was fine, it still had its moments. I knew Matt wasn't showing up going into this so I wasn't upset about it.

I didn't mind the Mr Immortal subplot either. Was kinda fun.

I know people have been upset about the lack of credits scenes the last two weeks, but I look at the Daredevil tease and whatever villain tease at the end as the sorta "credits scenes" I know they're not gags but they are tacked at the end so

I don't expect Daredevil to show up until episode 8 before the finale. I won't be surprised if next week episode featured the return of Blonsky

Blonsky is returning as we have yet to see the superhuman retreat that has been teased.

This show was smart to bring Blonsky back in human form because Tim Roth needs to be on screen in human form. He's too talented to just be completely in CGI, so when the very first trailer came out and it showed him in human form doing the finger guns to Jen in his cell, I was excited. He's mostly been in human form for his appearances.

I don't expect Daredevil to show up until episode 8 before the finale. I won't be surprised if next week episode featured the return of Blonsky
That's probably what's gonna happen. Jen is finds out about about the Inteligencia and all the badmouthing they are doing, then decides to go to Blonky's superhuman retreat.

Casting an older gentleman as Mr. Immortal is an interesting decision. Probably means we won't have Great Lakes Avengers or New Warriors anytime soon. New Warriors is a lot more doable that GLA, because I don't know how the MCU would get around "Big Bertha" other than not having her in the MCU version of the GLA at all.

People are so ridiculous, getting indignant that a tease wasn't paid off immediately. They clearly never watched TV prior to 2010 lol

I certainly hope Blonsky is back soon, More Tim Roth is never a bad thing and I'm hoping we get a badass Shulkie/Abom fight before series' end.

Casting an older gentleman as Mr. Immortal is an interesting decision. Probably means we won't have Great Lakes Avengers or New Warriors anytime soon. New Warriors is a lot more doable that GLA, because I don't know how the MCU would get around "Big Bertha" other than not having her in the MCU version of the GLA at all.
I'd like to see the GLA. I think you could do Bertha. Cast a fat actress. Have the character be a plus-size model outside of superheroing. Just have her be super strong (including being able to jump far), super durable and a skilled fighter. Maybe add something like her either being able to grow in size somewhat in a way that's not gaining fat but just becoming bigger in general (more like She-Hulk or a very limited Giant-Man) and/or change the consistency/mass of her body (for example that her skin behaves more like hardened rubber when using her powers without visibly changing her weight). You have to avoid fatsuits, extreme weight gain/loss, treating her fatness as inherently comedic, and the bulimic vomiting introduced in 2005. But I think it's very possible to have her be a funny character without making her a fatphobic joke.
marvel-big-bertha-1167907.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd like to see the GLA. I think you could do Bertha. Cast fat actress. Have the character be a plus-size model outside of superheroing. Just have her be super strong (including being able to jump far), super durable and a skilled fighter. Maybe add something like her either being able to grow in size somewhat in a way that's not gaining fat but just becoming bigger in general (more like She-Hulk or a very limited Giant-Man) and/or change the consistency/mass of her body (for example that her skin behaves more like hardened rubber when using her powers without visibly changing her weight). You have to avoid fatsuits, extreme weight gain/loss, treating her fatness as inherently comedic, and the bulimic vomiting introduced in 2005. But I think it's very possible to have her be a funny character without making her a fatphobic joke.
marvel-big-bertha-1167907.jpeg

The one name I did think of was former SNL Cast member Aidy Bryant.

This was a bit like episode 3 for me in that I just didn't enjoy it as much as the others. Titania is just no threat to She Hulk at all so once Jen turned that was it. Though Jamilla is awesome in the role.

Tatiana acting drunk I could literally watched a full episode of though so that was good. Did enjoy Nikki and Mallory's scenes but the case was stupid and not necessary for me.

Mixed back this one and on the lower end of the episodes. However I have loved 4 out of the 6 episodes so far so can't complain.

I loved this episode. Just a good, fun episode. Filler doesn't really apply to this show, just because you don't get the cameo you really want.

Honestly, surprised Jen went after all that glitter.

DJ Inchedable Hulk killed me.

Loved Titania. Such a wonderfully fun recurring villain for this show. Keep her at all costs. Please.

Man, there are going to be some Intelligencia fans pissed that it got turned into an incel forum.

I enjoyed the divorce. Mallory and Nikki are fun together. And they seem to slowly inching toward acknowledging gay people exist.

A good reminder that Tatiana can do all the dances.

Well, you can count me as one of those people who doesn’t like that they’ve turned the Intelligencia into a bunch of Incels. But at the same time I can’t be truly mad, because Marvel got a long history of reducing Hulk lore into a parody that it’s not a huge shock. Maybe they’ll salvage it last minute and have them being a bunch of losers that the Leader is using for his own ends, but I’m not about to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Titania remains great though.

I died when the Former Mr. Selina Meyer showed up playing Mr. Immortal and it's still basically the same character. :funny:

My brain has not made any progress reconciling Jameela and Titania.

Jen sure did carry a lot of cash for someone who apparently didn't know there was a cash bar. That was the most unbelievable thing in the episode. :o

Enjoyed this one even though I fully admit it was total filler.

Patti Harrison!!! :woo:What a delightful surprise, had no idea she was going to be in this.

This was a super fun episode. Tatiana was so great in this one. Reaaaally suspicious of Josh, but I hope they’re just playing on expectations because I would really like for Jen to find a nice guy who has no ulterior motives :csad:. Titania was great too, as were Nikki and Mallory who were really fun together. Another great episode all around. I’m just enjoying this show so much.

I do wonder if there was stuff cut out with Patti Harrison’s character or if we’re seeing more of her again because she seemed suuuper drunk at the end there. Like way too drunk to be ok at her own wedding. I wonder if we’ll see more of that.

Patti Harrison!!! :woo:What a delightful surprise, had no idea she was going to be in this.

This was a super fun episode. Tatiana was so great in this one. Reaaaally suspicious of Josh, but I hope they’re just playing on expectations because I would really like for Jen to find a nice guy who has no ulterior motives :csad:. Titania was great too, as were Nikki and Mallory who were really fun together. Another great episode all around. I’m just enjoying this show so much.

I do wonder if there was stuff cut out with Patti Harrison’s character or if we’re seeing more of her again because she seemed suuuper drunk at the end there. Like way too drunk to be ok at her own wedding. I wonder if we’ll see more of that.

Well, if the end pictures are canon, she definitely was drunk enough to make mistakes....

I enjoyed this episode. I'm about to go to a wedding, so it felt oddly timed. I also expected the guy to be a bad guy trying to steal her blood, so I'm glad that's not the case.

I am really looking forward to Daredevil and am starting to worry he'll just be in a post-credit scene of the final episode. That being said, this is a She-Hulk show. I'm not upset when he's not in it. What is annoying is I keep seeing so many Daredevil articles pop up the day an episode launches. I'm not clicking the articles to avoid spoilers, but it keeps getting my hopes up that he'll appear. If I didn't see those clickbait articles, I wouldn't be upset when he's not in an episode.

The Mr Immortal stuff was funny. Good to see Titania on form again - are we expecting any more from her?

Drunk regular Jen "I can take you like this" *falls :D

Also with the subtitles on, I love how it describes the horn noise "obnoxious horn effect" :D:

I prefer a much more confident version of She-Hulk who isn’t a walking doormat like she in this show. The Animated She-Hulk embraced herself fully and she wasn’t afraid to have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"