She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 2 "Superhuman Law" (Spoiler Thread)

Tim Roth was semi-trolling and I loved it.

I was struggling with the family dinner scene, which was fine in a vacuum, but if they’ve done away with the domestic violence aspect of the Banner family it’ll be an obscenity. They never really referenced or mentioned that side of the family one way or another, so hopefully they’re aware of how important it is to the Hulk-lore.

Tim Roth was semi-trolling and I loved it.

I was struggling with the family dinner scene, which was fine in a vacuum, but if they’ve done away with the domestic violence aspect of the Banner family it’ll be an obscenity. They never really referenced or mentioned that side of the family one way or another, so hopefully they’re aware of how important it is to the Hulk-lore.

I'm sure they will treat it with all the respect that they gave Tony's alchoholism.

Fun episode. CG is going to be wonky a lot of times, I feel. But, I'm not here for CG fights. I'm here for Maslany. Who is still killing it. I am loving how a lot of her 4th wall breaks are just a look at the camera. The rant while walking with her new boss was a tad too much, imo.

I'm sure they will treat it with all the respect that they gave Tony's alchoholism.

I’ve come to terms with the fact that Ang Lee’s film will be the only time we’ll ever see it addressed on screen.

But so help me if they try and white wash Brian Banner in the MCU…

I’ve come to terms with the fact that Ang Lee’s film will be the only time we’ll ever see it addressed on screen.

But so help me if they try and white wash Brian Banner in the MCU…

[looks at Black Widow]

May want to prepare for that.

[looks at Black Widow]

May want to prepare for that.

Taika already tried to do it in Ragnarok in a deleted scene, I’m just hoping (purely based on Marvel’s philosophy of not bothering with Hulk lore at all) that they ignore Bruce’s life entirely, since he’s just CGI exposition man at this point.

Definitely way too short for an episode. It didn't even feel complete but more like the first act in a normal length episode. It felt even shorter than a standard sitcom.

The CGI still looked bad in many places, particularly when she was carrying those barrels at the very end.

Episode length is fine with me. It’s funny and shortliving.

I‘m surprised how I don’t care about that bad CGI - really bothered me more in Moon Knight and Obi Wan

Blonsky put forward a pretty compelling case for why he shouldn't be in prison.
So we got two established supermax prisons established in the MCU, The Raft and the Cube. I'm curious who's on the governments payroll to construct these buildings. I doubt it was done by Stark Industries, so perhaps it's a way to introduce Oscorp, or maybe Trask International into the MCU.
I guess Cross/Pym Tech, Hammer Industries or Bishop Securities could of all built these supermax prisons at some point.

More people should be talking about the fact that Wolverine officially exists within the MCU. That's kind of a big deal.

But anyway, another great episode! Length wasn't an issue for me. That's a typical sitcom length. Loved seeing Mark Linn-Baker! I was huge fan of Perfect Strangers back in the day. Tim Roth was great, Tatiana Maslany continues to shine. Love this show!

2 episodes in and not one syllable from the Villain that's concerning

Um, what? This makes no sense. For one, its only two episodes, its hardly unthinkable that they wouldn't have yet introduced the Real Ultimate Big Bad yet, especially since its primarily a workplace comedy. For another, how would you even know that they haven't? We've met and talked to two different characters who might plausibly be the Real Ultimate Big Bad: Mr Holliway and Emil Blonsky.

So we got two established supermax prisons established in the MCU, The Raft and the Cube. I'm curious who's on the governments payroll to construct these buildings. I doubt it was done by Stark Industries, so perhaps it's a way to introduce Oscorp, or maybe Trask International into the MCU.

Being fair, I wouldn't be shocked if the Raft is defunct, after the spectacular breakout of its highest profile prisoners.

Also, note the "Department of Damage Control" signage. Stark Industries actually *did* fund that, so it might well have constructed the Cube, too.

Ah it's true Damage Control does have Stark technology at their disposal including the drones.

Oh, and put me down to "Blonsky has an agenda". Yes, yes, I know, stupid easy guess. But while I do believe that he has put his brain back together into something resembling a healthy psychological state, and I even believe he doesn't hold any grudges with Banner? He's totally not turned into any kind of benign hippy, he just wants out of prison.

Which doesn't change that he actually *does* present the basis of a compelling legal case. Juiced up on a known mind-altering substance at the direction and supervision of the US government? Its not a complete acquittal of responsibility but it is a really good diminished capacity claim. Yes, he's up for parole rather than trial, but "I am repentant about the harm I caused, and also am no longer subject to these exacerbating factors" also works for why he'd be safe enough to parole.

Oh, and put me down to "Blonsky has an agenda". Yes, yes, I know, stupid easy guess. But while I do believe that he has put his brain back together into something resembling a healthy psychological state, and I even believe he doesn't hold any grudges with Banner? He's totally not turned into any kind of benign hippy, he just wants out of prison.

Which doesn't change that he actually *does* present the basis of a compelling legal case. Juiced up on a known mind-altering substance at the direction and supervision of the US government? Its not a complete acquittal of responsibility but it is a really good diminished capacity claim. Yes, he's up for parole rather than trial, but "I am repentant about the harm I caused, and also am no longer subject to these exacerbating factors" also works for why he'd be safe enough to parole.
It's tough though. He'd have to somehow prove that even though this was done to him, he wouldn't still hurt anybody else. That's a real concern when you consider what it took to get him into custody in the first place.

Taika already tried to do it in Ragnarok in a deleted scene, I’m just hoping (purely based on Marvel’s philosophy of not bothering with Hulk lore at all) that they ignore Bruce’s life entirely, since he’s just CGI exposition man at this point.
Yeah. I was kind of in shock to see the family in this episode, just because of how isolated they've made Bruce. The Jen/Bruce interactions in the first episode played fine in a vacuum, even as it felt overtly "retconned". But the extended family... weird.

You guys need to watch more 22 minute episode shows.
I do. They're all on streaming now. I caught up on HQ after the first two seasons aired, so I got it all at once. The new season is torturing me, one week at a time. :funny:

I feel like only What We Do In the Shadows can sustain me week to week. :hehe:

Yeah, I was caught by surprise by the shorter episodes as well. This is too good for such quick sips of story. :p

During this episode I was wondering how soon after his appearance in Shang-Chi would happen, certainly wasn't expecting under 24 hours. :funny:

674bdd7f3171a7e6d2a187010562cf8af8be8c84.gifv

During this episode I was wondering how soon after his appearance in Shang-Chi would happen, certainly wasn't expecting under 24 hours. :funny:

I think Shang Chi happened before the series started. Just going off of Ruffalo's appearance.

All this talk of the events of the Incredible Hulk happening 15 years ago makes me wonder how they would be able to introduce the Leader now. What has he been doing all this time since mutating and why would he only begin world conquest or some villainous plan now? Why has he been lying low? It seems almost as if they've missed their window.

I do. They're all on streaming now. I caught up on HQ after the first two seasons aired, so I got it all at once. The new season is torturing me, one week at a time. :funny:

I feel like only What We Do In the Shadows can sustain me week to week. :hehe:

I waited till all of S2 of Lower Decks were up to sub last year. Because I got a sub early to binge SNW, I am having to endure the wait. But, at least this year, I have three shows on Thur for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"