She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 4 "Is This Not Real Magic?" (Spoiler Thread)

I wonder if she calls Benedict Wong "Wongers" in real life since that is his name.

Fun speculation about next episode:
We know Hulk has official merchandise in the MCU (The Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, the stuff we saw at Avengercon...), and knowing Tony Stark, he probably made sure every avenger had their name trademarked*.
So, most likely, the name "Hulk" has a copyright owned by either Bruce Banner or Stark Industries (again, I'm just speculating).
Titania using the name "She-Hulk" could be violating that copyright already. Sure, it has a "She" before it. But if I release a fragrance called "She-Batman" I'm still getting my a*s sued :funny:

*Don't know how this would work for Captain America. Imagine Sam showing up in a season 2 because the government is suing him :hehe:
As also seen in the preview, Thor or Dr. Strange don't have this problem cause they literally use their real names.

We know Hulk has official merchandise in the MCU (The Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, the stuff we saw at Avengercon...), and knowing Tony Stark, he probably made sure every avenger had their name trademarked*.
So, most likely, the name "Hulk" has a copyright owned by either Bruce Banner or Stark Industries (again, I'm just speculating).
Titania using the name "She-Hulk" could be violating that copyright already. Sure, it has a "She" before it. But if I release a fragrance called "She-Batman" I'm still getting my a*s sued :funny:

*Don't know how this would work for Captain America. Imagine Sam showing up in a season 2 because the government is suing him :hehe:
As also seen in the preview, Thor or Dr. Strange don't have this problem cause they literally use their real names.
This is a solid theory. But I do think the She-Batman idea is a bit off. It would be a fight over the copyright of Batwoman, which probably would be available conceptually. Remember, the reason She-Hulk exist, was to copyright the name.

I don't get why she would try to fight it... she doesn't even like the name

it'd give people reason to stop calling her that

Last edited:
I don't get why she would try to fight it... she doesn't even like the name

it'd give people reason to stop calling her that
I never got the idea she disliked it, more of the connotations that come with it. Which she's learning to come to terms with. A conflict that started in the first episode when Bruce was trying to force her into the superhero lifestyle.

I like that it came right after spending the night with a dude who's only interest was in her big green form. It plays up the conflict within her really well.

This is a solid theory. But I do think the She-Batman idea is a bit off. It would be a fight over the copyright of Batwoman, which probably would be available conceptually. Remember, the reason She-Hulk exist, was to copyright the name.

Trademark the name not copyright. Copyright refers to an intellectual property concerning a creative work (eg book, screenplay, film, piece of art, music etc). Trademark refers to an intellectual property concerning a name, logo, design etc.

You started out correctly with Tony Stark making sure everyone got their name trademarked, but then when you started talking about Hulk and Banner owning a copyright for that, and that was incorrect.

Take Marvel, for example, and The Incredible Hulk #1 from 1962. They own the trademark for the character and the name "The Incredible Hulk" but they also own a separate copyright for the creative fictional work (ie the comic) "The Incredible Hulk" that Stan Lee wrote and Jack Kirby illustrated (and these would be broken down into a copyright for the written story and a copyright for the artwork). Trademark and copyright are two different types of intellectual property (ie you don't use the words interchangeably).

The legal battle here with Titania is over the trademark of the name She-Hulk not a copyright because neither her nor Jennifer Walters wrote a fictional work called "She-Hulk" or are disputing ownership of that.

I literally can't wait for Marvel Studios' Maddysin. She's just so chill and cool. Love her!
You know I can actually see them doing a series of shorts with her character. Maddysin getting into more MCU shenanigans with Wong getting her out of trouble lol I’d watch.

Maddysin joins he MCU comedy sidekick hall of fame with Luis from Ant-Man and Darcy & Korg from Thor

She could reasonably show up in Doctor Strange 3.

So glad, I finished Sopranos a few months ago…Madisynn would’ve ruined it for me

7xulfell31n91.jpg

Madisynn is nothing but chaotic good...but also evil for spoiling the Sopranos.

Nah, she's chaotic evil, just the really petty and minimal form of CE, where one barely even recognizes other people exist, but doesn't cause much harm because she's just not especially malicious or cruel. *ahem*

. . . as an aside, I am kind of imagining that her encounter and contract with the demon lord looked an awful lot like "Oh Satan, you are annoying, could you just. . . go? I'll send you home if you just swear to never speak about this again." Bonus points if the demon lord was *also* watching their Sopranos backlog. *eg*

This episode was great. Just from the start with Blaze and the obvious fact that "magicians" are struggling now due to actual ones in universe and of course Madisynn. Wong was awesome and Tatiana is so, so good in the role too. The CGI only seems iffy in the office scenes for whatever reason, but looked good during the fun action scene and when she was on her dates.

Probably my favorite episode so far.

Being fair, I suspect that "the existence of real magic and marvels" was not the reason why Donny Blaze was an unsuccessful stage magician. . . ;)

Is Wongers and Madisynn besties now or more?

Also I missed Jen's wallpaper on her lockscreen.

Is Wongers and Madisynn besties now or more?

Also I missed Jen's wallpaper on her lockscreen.
Don’t think they’ve hinted at anything more than besties for now lol. More TV nights to come hopefully. They should do Disney+ show reviews. :D

So Wong’s full name could be Wong Er (王二), literally means Wong the second. No wonder he just goes by Wong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"