She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 3 "The People vs. Emil Blonsky" (Spoiler Thread)

The one thing that piqued my interest in this episode was at the parole hearing when they said Blonsky was required to wear an inhibitor collar. Wasn't that a big deal in episode 1 with Bruce & Jennifer? Bruce told Jennifer that there was no way of suppressing the Hulk, setting her up to live the next 10+ years in solitude, and that the device he designed was a prototype specifically tailored to him. Yet, from what we've seen of these inhibitor devices in the MCU, they can prevent the cosmic-origin powers of Scarlett Witch and suppress Blonskys ability to transform into the Abomination. Scarlett Witch's power originates from an infinity stone that contains high levels of gamma radiation (Hulk's words in Endgame) and Abomination is basically an iteration of Hulk. So I guess my first question would be who the heck designed this inhibitor collar that magically prevents alien/cosmic powers and my second question would be why wouldn't it work for Bruce & Jennifer?

The one thing that piqued my interest in this episode was at the parole hearing when they said Blonsky was required to wear an inhibitor collar. Wasn't that a big deal in episode 1 with Bruce & Jennifer? Bruce told Jennifer that there was no way of suppressing the Hulk, setting her up to live the next 10+ years in solitude, and that the device he designed was a prototype specifically tailored to him. Yet, from what we've seen of these inhibitor devices in the MCU, they can prevent the cosmic-origin powers of Scarlett Witch and suppress Blonskys ability to transform into the Abomination. Scarlett Witch's power originates from an infinity stone that contains high levels of gamma radiation (Hulk's words in Endgame) and Abomination is basically an iteration of Hulk. So I guess my first question would be who the heck designed this inhibitor collar that magically prevents alien/cosmic powers and my second question would be why wouldn't it work for Bruce & Jennifer?

Tough to say, though it seems the answer is "Doesn't work reliably". Note that Blonsky in prison *wasn't* wearing any such device, and also could absolutely transform. It could be less a magic power nullifier, and more some kind of reactive concentration disrupter, the hope being "If someone can't focus they can't use powers". Could be as simple as a shock collar triggered either by remote or on certain sensor inputs. And given the double parole conditions of "Wear an inhibitor" and "Don't transform". . . well, the latter would be redundant if the former were perfectly reliable.

o8AFdyp.jpg

FhZ4Ow8.jpg

xebNkS1.jpg
That cgi suit doesn't look comfortable at all. Lol. :p

I know who she is, I just don't think she's all that good of a rapper. Plenty of other females are better than her, including Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Remy Ma, Trina, Da Brat, MC Lyte, Foxy Brown and Lil Kim.
It doesn't matter who is the G.O.A.T but rather who gets the most social and legacy media play in 2022. With the secondary point that a young Deputy DA would think he was going out with her. So it comes down to can you get Megan Thee Stallion or Cardie B.

Even I don’t care for the post credit scene, I just find it quite disturbing fully clad women shaking their butts for 5 seconds is somehow controversial while some shows depicting brains blown out, faces blasted off, body parts chopped away week in and week out are cheered on as deep, cool, mature, adult. Humanity is doomed.

Even I don’t care for the post credit scene, I just find it quite disturbing fully clad women shaking their butts for 5 seconds is somehow controversial while some shows depicting brains blown out, faces blasted off, body parts chopped away week in and week out are cheered on as deep, cool, mature, adult. Humanity is doomed.
To be fair a different group of people get on violence all the time. It is controversial enough that fans fear that things characters were shown doing on NetFlix will not be allowed in future MCU movies and Disney + shows

To be fair a different group of people get on violence all the time. It is controversial enough that fans fear that things characters were shown doing on NetFlix will not be allowed in future MCU movies and Disney + shows
Like?

Depictions of violence in the US has always been handled differently then sexual expression of any sort. There is less heat for the outright murders on TFATWS then any depiction of same gender attraction or a feminist message. The religious folk who clutch their bibles over depictions of violence are the first to get behind a pro-gun or pro-military stance in one of these shows. So yeah, it's one ridiculous contradiction, that is not the same. Not even a little bit.

The MCU doesn’t depict overly dark material because of some fear of offending conservative groups, it shies away from that stuff because it’s built it’s brand on being an action comedy franchise. It’s a formulaic thing, not one born out of political motivation.

The MCU doesn’t depict overly dark material because of some fear of offending conservative groups, it shies away from that stuff because it’s built it’s brand on being an action comedy franchise. It’s a formulaic thing, not one born out of political motivation.

I think that's utter nonsense when you have all the pearl-clutching and outrage by anti-woke, anti-SJW types getting outraged and offended over this show.

They weren't scantily clad...

It doesn't matter who is the G.O.A.T but rather who gets the most social and legacy media play in 2022. With the secondary point that a young Deputy DA would think he was going out with her. So it comes down to can you get Megan Thee Stallion or Cardie B.

Also, Maslany is a big fan.

Also, Maslany is a big fan.
Oh that’s cool for her then to get MTS on her show. I hope Maslany is having a ton of fun with She-Hulk and is planning to hang around for a very long time.

They weren't scantily clad...

luckily. we don’t want people also blame the show for draining ambulance resources across the country due to a surge in cardiac arrests in the wee hours of night. Already they are acting “stop! it’s too much, I can’t handle, my eyes!” for nothing more than what many girls (and boys too) would do when go normal clubbing. Oh maybe they never go out and have a life. Sorry.

I think that's utter nonsense when you have all the pearl-clutching and outrage by anti-woke, anti-SJW types getting outraged and offended over this show.
I’ll be blunt, those people can get ****ed.

They’d have hated any show with female characters in positions of power with self-confidence.

Least enjoyable episode so far for me. A big step down from the previous 2 but hopefully we get the pay off to some plot lines soon.

Twerking scene wasn't for me but glad that plenty of people enjoyed it and anyone who has a problem with it needs to grow the hell up.

They’d have hated any show with female characters in positions of power with self-confidence.

I don't know about that. I don't recall many, if any, complaints about Jessica Jones. Sure, she was just an investigator, not a lawyer, but she was still the lead and had a great deal of power. Not to mention, fully dimensional and relatable to boot. I don't remember there being any uproar over that show. Maybe in its lackluster third season, but that's more of that season's quality, not Jessica herself.

Edit: Might've jumped the gun. We'll see

Last edited:

Here's my point, the "aggrieved white male" demo has been targeting and verbally attacking Disney for creative decisions since Force Awakens. This goes back seven years. So the idea that Disney is trying to cater to white male conservatives and avoid offending them is foolish. I don't think they are at all.

The post credits thing didn't do anything for me, but ultimately it's a gag and I am not taking it super seriously
I don’t get the fuss on it - the episode is about and guest starring Megan Thee Stallion so I can’t call it a huge surprise. If it had been Mike Tyson she would have been doing some boxing moves with him or Rocky training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"