Ms. Marvel Season 1, Episode 4 "Seeing Red" (Spoiler Thread)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
42193c80a3f0c03bb1bbef132c65ef99bc07b1ce.gifv

Pretty good episode overall, loved pretty much everything outside of the Clandestines. Thought the action was alright to mid but that's pretty standard mcu tv stuff.

I'm more excited for next week. I hope the partition episode is gonna land. It seems like they're setting it up to be the emotional episode of the season like with Moon Knight's flashback episode.

Also shout out to the acoustic cover of Babia during the campfire scene. The music has been so good so far.

Pretty good episode overall, loved pretty much everything outside of the Clandestines. Thought the action was alright to mid but that's pretty standard mcu tv stuff.

I'm more excited for next week. I hope the partition episode is gonna land. It seems like they're setting it up to be the emotional episode of the season like with Moon Knight's flashback episode.

The pacing seemed a bit slower this week, than the other episodes

I agree with what some one said in the main Ms. Marvel thread. I like the character stuff better than the superheroics so far. Really liked the acting work by the actress playing the grandmother.

although I really enjoyed the chase through the streets.

I like her grandmother. I know I feel like a broken record, but for the 4th straight week, Kamala's culture is shown in a more positive light. I don't know if they shot in actual Pakistan (I don't think they did). I read somewhere that they shot in actual Thailand, rather than having "Atlanta soundstage as CGI Thailand" which if that is the case, I like that.

The character stuff and the portrayal of her culture and religion are significant pluses for me. As long as those continue to be the case for the last two episodes as well, I don't mind the action being middle of the road MCU stuff, but it makes sense from a character perspective: Kamala is basically a novice fighter, quite new to hand-to-hand combat. It's different than Kate Bishop, as Kate had her first black belt by age 15. Kamala will be better as she learns.

I like her grandmother. I know I feel like a broken record, but for the 4th straight week, Kamala's culture is shown in a more positive light. I don't know if they shot in actual Pakistan (I don't think they did). I read somewhere that they shot in actual Thailand, rather than having "Atlanta soundstage as CGI Thailand" which if that is the case, I like that.

The character stuff and the portrayal of her culture and religion are significant pluses for me. As long as those continue to be the case for the last two episodes as well, I don't mind the action being middle of the road MCU stuff, but it makes sense from a character perspective: Kamala is basically a novice fighter, quite new to hand-to-hand combat. It's different than Kate Bishop, as Kate had her first black belt by age 15. Kamala will be better as she learns.

The credits thanked Thailand, it was shot there.

This was a decent episode. They did a good job recreating Karachi and their use of music continues to be great. I only wish the Clandestines were handled better, they continue to be a very middling threat who show up randomly to cause trouble. Their escape was pretty lame. And I wish Kamala asked more specific questions. So far it seems like very little information is being handed to her and she seems content enough to not ask questions. Or the right questions at the very least. I really hope they do a good job with the next episode because just that brief look at the partition scene looked terrific.

Another fun episode and good to see Kamala go to Karachi and meet some of her family and the new characters.

Domino masks look silly in live action adaptations. Unless she gives up her secret identity, Ms. Khan is going to have to do better than that. Maybe add a Red Dagger scarf to the ensemble?

Idk, I like the Domino mask
especially since its the only one currently in the MCU, gives her a unique look next to the other heroes she'll fight alongside

Isnt she still in the middle of the school year? Why would her mother think its okay to just up and take her to Pakistan just bc her grandma asked? I think i really needed them to say she was on Spring Break or something believable

Okay, I am just going to say it, Disney should stop all high speed vehicle chases. They do not look good or believable with how they are filming them.

The character stuff remains amazing. I love Kamala and her mom and grandmother.

Its just hard to care about the supervillains. Why does this story need to be a world threatening one? The villains are so paper thin, it is hard to care about their threat. And the pacing isn't helping. Rush to make them a threat, but oh, slow down for 2 episodes of backstory.

Moon Knight needed 2 more episodes. This needed 10 full episodes for what they are trying to do.

sigh

And after stuff I've seen, no surprising to see that Mohan Kapur wasn't in this episode.

Considering how badly Disney/Marvel has handled chase sequences in the past I actually thought the one we got here was really well done for the most par and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

It at least looked better than what we got in Moon Knight which probably isn't saying much but I definitely didn't notice as much blatant, CGI and greenscreen as there was in that show.

I liked the episode overall, but as others have said the superhero stuff is like the least interesting aspect of this show so far because just being around Kamala and learning about her culture is far more compelling IMO.

The villain stuff is pretty weak and generic so far too.

There are a lot of subtleties and nuances I found quite moving and beautiful in this episode. This is more than a coming of age superhero story, it’s evolving into a story of rediscovering cultural root, family heritage and ancestral identity through not just the protagonist but also the supporting characters. I just find this way more mature than those shows with gore and foul language considered for “adults”. I hope the finale won’t degenerate back into good vs evil CGI big fight mess.

Last edited:
Another good episode and I like seeing the family history side. The villains aren’t great so far but Iman has been great as Kamala and I’ve liked the supporting cast too.

Kamala at the beginning of the episode:

images

Ohh the final shot gave me chills.

I dont know what to do with this show, I loved episode 1+2, but 3+4 felt like a complete different thing. Introducing 2 characters every 5 minutes and let them disappear or die again confused me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"