Ms. Marvel Season 1, Episode 5 "Time and Again" (Spoiler Thread)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
f32c799c90500dfb60cad177e460aad7f663cc86.gifv

Interesting there's no clip for this episode but I guess I can post this instead:

f32c799c90500dfb60cad177e460aad7f663cc86.gifv

Interesting there's no clip for this episode but I guess I can post this instead:

Ha, that was really fun.

She says she would be friends with America Chavez, Kate Bishop and Groot. Get that band together for a one shot Feige. :D

This show has kind of gone off the rails.

The structure for these shows is kind of bad and all over the place. How was that the see second to last episode?

Not trying ot be mean. I think Iman Vellani is great and perfectly cast, but the writing and structuring for these shows is not working. Where is Kevin Feige's guiding hand and influence? It feels non-existent since WandaVision and Loki to a lesser extent.

Man, I really loved this episode, especially the flashback and the music in this show is amazing. I loved a lot of the Egyptian flavored music we got in Moon Knight, but I might even prefer this over that.

Once again, this episode demonstrated just how damn compelling this show can be without the superhero antics and I don't see how anyone can say they don't feel any genuine emotion during the daughter, mother and grandmother scenes because that stuff is gold and honestly the strongest elements of this show IMO.

That flashback should go down as one of the most emotional MCU scenes out there.

Ha, that was really fun.

She says she would be friends with America Chavez, Kate Bishop and Groot. Get that band together for a one shot Feige. :D

They should make it awesome, and add Tom Holland to the group, if Sony approves the request for Disney Plus

So is Damage Control going to pay for the damages their drone caused to Circle Q? If I am the owner of that store, I'd be upset.

I have a question, isn't/wasn't Damage Control supposed to be a clean-up operation? Why are they doing this enhanced/superhuman investigation/police work now?

But yeah what they did there was pretty messed up with that Spider Slayer drone.

The actual conflict is generational trauma but if you haven't figured that out 5 episodes in, then I dunno what to tell you.

That's why I love this show, it's not just the simple minded bad guy vs good guy superhero show.

Off the grip, Great Grandma Aisha is fine as hell.

Secondly, this episode was so good. It actually got me emotional, the scenes between Aisha, Hasan, baby Grandma, it was all well done.

Kamala is better than me because after knowing that she killed my great grandmother, I would’ve thrown Najma’s ass in the Veil myself.

But again, great episode.

The actual conflict is generational trauma but if you haven't figured that out 5 episodes in, then I dunno what to tell you.

That's why I love this show, it's not the simple minded bad guy vs good guy superhero show.

Hardly seems like "generational trauma."

Five episodes in and she still hasn't even become Ms. Marvel yet.

The Clandestine subplot was not well executed. You want simple-minded, they telegraphed that causal-loop subplot. That's not exactly groundbreaking storytelling.

I have a question, isn't/wasn't Damage Control supposed to be a clean-up operation? Why are they doing this enhanced/superhuman investigation/police work now?

But yeah what they did there was pretty messed up with that Spider Slayer drone.

Agent Cleary will probably be like "we are doing our job, so we will not pay for the damages" and ask for the owner to pay for the damages himself. He seems like the type who would say that. I am curious to see what his first encounter with a super powered villain is going to be like and whether or not he will have the same condescending tone towards that villain as he had for Spider-Man.

Off the grip, Great Grandma Aisha is fine as hell.

Secondly, this episode was so good. It actually got me emotional, the scenes between Aisha, Hasan, baby Grandma, it was all well done.

Kamala is better than me because after knowing that she killed my great grandmother, I would’ve thrown Najma’s ass in the Veil myself.

But again, great episode.

Rather anti-climactic.

Agent Cleary will probably be like "we are doing our job, so we will not pay for the damages" and ask for the owner to pay for the damages himself. He seems like the type who would say that. I am curious to see what his first encounter with a super powered villain is going to be like and whether or not he will have the same condescending tone towards that villain as he had for Spider-Man.

A big problem with these shows is a lack of cool super-powered villains to challenge and hinder the heroes.

Some of these shows could've really used some Wrecking Crew type mini-bosses.

A big problem with these shows is a lack of cool super-powered villains to challenge and hinder the heroes.

Some of these shows could've really used some Wrecking Crew type mini-bosses.

Cleary is not going to allow Damage Control to pay for the damages. He doesn't seem to be the type who is nice to anybody, including regular humans, so he's a villain.

Lol "generational trauma."
Don't think I didn't see your original post before you edited it.

Five episodes in and she still hasn't even become Ms. Marvel yet.
Do you know how origin stories work? because I don't think you do.

And this show has always set out to be about generational trauma whether or not you wanna laugh it off.

‘Ms. Marvel’: Bridging the Generational Gap Between Kamala, Muneeba, Sana, and Aisha

While always part of the show’s DNA, according to head writer Bisha K. Ali, just how deep this thread goes came out of the writer’s room, especially for the Pakistani women in the room. They looked to their own familial relationships in hopes of strengthening Kamala’s.

“We talked about intergenerational trauma and how we wish we could have these kinds of conversations with our own parents and with our grandparents, and the things that we keep hidden and we don't talk about and the pain of that, and how that leads to us being unable to connect with each other,” she explains. “It felt so important to me personally, and to all the writers in the room.”

Don't think I didn't see your original post before you edited it.

Do you know how origin stories work? because I don't think you do.

And this show has always set out to be about generational trauma whether or not you wanna laugh it off.

‘Ms. Marvel’: Bridging the Generational Gap Between Kamala, Muneeba, Sana, and Aisha

It hasn't been well executed. Kamala simply isn't being challenged enough. Most of what they were setting up was resolved in the penultimate episode which is bad storytelling.

Cleary is not going to allow Damage Control to pay for the damages. He doesn't seem to be the type who is nice to anybody, including regular humans, so he's a villain.

If Cleary/Damage Control are meant to be the main villains, they should've had more screentime.

Probably to keep S.W.O.R.D. as the good cops, not wanting both sides by different agents after S.H.I.E.L.D/Hydra. But bad cops are also needed for stories. With William Hurt's medical status being more public than Chadwick Boseman's they had time to set up for an antagonist organization and Spider-Man Homecoming had already set them up as an uncaring government agency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"