Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 4: The Whole World is Watching (SPOILERS)

RIP Lamar

So this is what finally caused Walker to flip and with good reason. I’m guessing this will be the cause of Walker to give up the Cap title and become US Agent.

Zemo continues to kill it. Guy is quickly becoming my favorite MCU villain. He’s just so damn likable and charismatic.

Wonder if we will see more Wakandans pop up. That an entire fight scene between Walker, Bucky, Sam, and the Wakandan guards was straight up awesome! And what made it hilarious was Zemo there chilling & enjoying his drink as he quietly escaped lol

Loved the flashback to Wakanda showing how Bucky recovered from being the Winter Soldier. Was hoping to see T’Challa make an appearance

What an opening, I was feeling so overwhelmed with sadness for Bucky. Just hearing those words accompanied by the flashback of memories. Powerful imagery followed by the words you are free. Omg

This episode definitely shows the breaking down of John Walker, no one really respect him in the role of Captain America because the truth is he isn't. He's a soldier, not a leader. Yes his brother in arms Lamar is on his side but that's a military bond and friendship in service.

Zemo continues to manipulate for his own agenda

The Flagsmashers are going from idealistic to radical movement because ultimately they believe the louder you make a dramatic statement the more voices you either draw to your cause or make news

Sam tries to take an approach that while is pure and noble. He kinda fooled himself into believing he could de escalate a problem that unfortunately is inherent in society.

I wasn't surprised by the Wakanda's inclusion in the story due to Zemo. But I have to say it was badass seeing Ayo and the other dori kick the crap out of Walker and Hoskins.

Seeing John fall apart by the death of Lamar and the do the unthinkable without a second thought was unexpected. Seeing Steve Rogers iconic shield used in such a violent manner on a civilian and drenched in blood while the whole world audience saw via the internet streaming was definitely heartbreaking.

That and the serum.
That too

This episode and the previous episode showed that Walker was dealing with issues. Probably the stress of trying to live up to the Cap title plus he probably suffers a form of PTSD with everything he went through in Afghanistan. But watching your best friend get killed right before your very eyes is something that can really set someone off

But also, Bucky better make amends with Ayo. The woman helped free his mind and he did her dirty. Bad Bucky.

I don't think a lot of people get the point when it comes to John Walker. They cheer when characters disrespect him and beat his ass, but when he takes the serum and beats someone to death, they're appalled. What do you think lead to him doing that? It's the ridicule you're happy about. I understand people don't want him to be Captain America, but he didn't steal the shield and declare himself Cap. He was chosen to accomplish an impossible task.

Was this the most bloody/brutal scene in the MCU? Im not buying complete Battlestar is death.

Wow. That episode gets a 9/10 from me.

Incredibly emotional opening with Buck's deprogramming, Stan just nails it.

Gets a little slow with the detective work, but Zemo keeps it fun - you can tell that for a second he was tempted by the serum, but great to see him staying true to the character and destroying it.

Great fight scenes, and a great Dora Milaje cameo, and Sam gets smart and puts the suit back on.

My one gripe is that some of the supporting characters come across as dumb - as in they walk into obvious traps, completely misunderstand their opponents ( the one dumb part of the Dora Milaje fight was that none of them watch Zemo ,especially the Dora themselves)

Karli shifts between freedom fighter and terrorist quite a bit in this episode - you kind of understand her and then despise her.

Zemo is the only clever one there.
Still, I realise a lot of this is to move the plot along.

And what a final image! The bloody shield, such a strong metaphor. I don't mind Walker, he's a product of a different era of the military than Steve, so we can't expect him to feel like the real Cap. Just as with the comics he's essentially been set up to fail. I'm glad he took the serum offscreen, and I'm expecting a pretty climactic duel between him and Karli.

All in all an amazing episode - this show keeps raising the bar, fit in a lot of character development today and some great action. Looking forward to next week big time.

capblood.png

eek.gif

Intense!

Vengeance has definitely consumed Walker, hence another reason to show T’Challa is a much better man.

Im sorry if Bucky would show up in front of Panther in Wien he would kill him without wasting a second in affect. He even follow the route to kill him the whole movie. He learned his lesson as he learns it was Zemos whole plan to play with vengeance and so he let Zemo alive.

Tony tried to kill Bucky in affect too.

Just because they didn't make it to kill them doesn't mean they are significantly better.

Jesus this episode took a bloody turn, didn’t it?

John Walker being the Ugly (and crazy) American and viciously killing people in public. In this current climate that scene spoke volumes. Very symbolic of what we’re going through, nice touch with the writers on that one.

Sebastian Stan deserves an Emmy for that opening scene, watching the Dora Milaje beat the stuffing out of Walker was satisfying af and I’m glad Zemo escaped.

And how can Lamar die after taking one shot through a wall, but Sam can just walk it off? He did go out like a chump but RIP. Lmao.

I don't think a lot of people get the point when it comes to John Walker. They cheer when characters disrespect him and beat his ass, but when he takes the serum and beats someone to death, they're appalled. What do you think lead to him doing that? It's the ridicule you're happy about. I understand people don't want him to be Captain America, but he didn't steal the shield and declare himself Cap. He was chosen to accomplish an impossible task.

We've seen those excuses a lot, though, when folks representing the US government murder someone. That guy was HUGE and hopped up on drugs. He was a bad, bad hombre who was threatening us, and we were afraid for our lives. He got what was coming to him.

Walker willingly picked up that shield. And by taking on that shield he also took on the responsibility to not murder someone by slamming a vibranium weapon into a defenseless opponent.

Last edited:
How is Sharon able to track Walker, when she is banned from the U.S. government? Did I miss something?

I was saying the same damn thing. Unless that’s more of a hint that she’s supposed to be The Power Broker?

Makes sense. I do think the Power Broker is someone we know, but as of this moment they will need to explain it lol

Man if Marvel chose a black man to die at the hands of John Walker in public, it would have hit a different tune

For real. Now that would’ve been ballsy of them.
If that had been the Asian dude or Karli that Walker just went apes**t on, he’d be trending right about now.

But I think they still delivered what they were going for in that scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"